FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

4,610 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,515

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2015, 05:33 PM |#10001  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 18,179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty

"Not that simple to make it optional"?

Really?

We have a really great great app developer here, Im sure he could do that maybe in a minute literally!

I dont think that checking for a new update when app is started would use too much data, drain your battery in seconds or take us to the 3rd world war!

Take it easy, if is optional you wont have to care about it.

Enviado desde mi XT1080 mediante Tapatalk

#1 i agreed with you and like the automatic update checker. #2 nothing is that easy, not sure if you have ever developed or modified an app yourself before. There would be literally 1000s of lines of code to change or insert, also now you have to write the code for 2 options to accomodate everyone? It's really not hard to read the 1st 2 posts in this thread to see if there is a new version. #3 the app is still kinda in beta, a lot of users kinda want to stick to official, while others don't mind a few bugs here and there. So do you notify every time a beta is released? I've seen hootan throw out 3 quick bug fix versions in less than an hour, you want to be notified of this every time? #4 he has said he hopes to have it in the play store soon so this whole conversation and all the work he would need to do to implement this would be a huge waste of time. I understand convenience, i'm a stoner, my favorite store is 7 11. 1 stop shop for everything i need when i smoke, that's why it's a convenient store. 1 thing they don't have yet? Weed. Still have to go elsewhere to get that until it becomes available in 7 11. Hopefully that will happen soon too.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebear j koss Ad-Free

23rd July 2015, 06:30 PM |#10002  
日本
Thanks Meter: 2,738

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty

"Not that simple to make it optional"?

Really?

We have a really great great app developer here, Im sure he could do that maybe in a minute literally!

I dont think that checking for a new update when app is started would use too much data, drain your battery in seconds or take us to the 3rd world war!

Take it easy, if is optional you wont have to care about it.

Actually it was not data usage the main complaint, go back and search the thread and you'll see it was a privacy issue. Some of us are very very wary ( and for good reasons ) of applications phoning home or an unknown server for whatever reason in the background. Agreed that if it was optional, it'd be better, but still.

By now, you've read several reasons ( data usage, beta status, eventual publication in Play Store, privacy concerns... ) about why not to have this feature. It's all up to Hootan anyway, he'll decide what is best.

Cheers !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
25th July 2015, 08:14 AM |#10003  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
@HootanParsa

Hi Hootan!

Much appreciate your work!

There is a bug at my side. When trying to replace files/folders in zip archive and waiting for countdown timer (30sec) to stop, Mixplorer crashes.
The Following User Says Thank You to boriska975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boriska975 Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 01:06 AM |#10004  
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Sorry, It turns that the bug there requires me to restart MiXplorer for root priviliged to work.
Amd yes, I can't open system files either, unless I first copy them to the user storage, and there open it.
The Following User Says Thank You to moriel5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moriel5 Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 10:43 AM |#10005  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriel5

Sorry, It turns that the bug there requires me to restart MiXplorer for root priviliged to work.
Amd yes, I can't open system files either, unless I first copy them to the user storage, and there open it.

1. Refresh after accepting root access.
2. A log + a step by step to reproduce your problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 11:42 AM |#10006  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Try to copy, move or edit build.prop in /system, you'll get errors. It's been already described by me. As well as the log output for these errors
The Following User Says Thank You to belyava For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift belyava Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 11:47 AM |#10007  
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belyava

Try to copy, move or edit build.prop in /system, you'll get errors. It's been already described by me. As well as the log output for these errors

I always edit build.prop through Mixplorer directly. No problem at all.

Sent from my Broken-ak-OS 3.0 A0001
The Following User Says Thank You to lou2s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lou2s Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 11:50 AM |#10008  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belyava

No issue to edit the LCD density. (MiX 5.3.5 + SuperSU).
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 11:51 AM |#10009  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:

No issue to edit the LCD density. (MiX 5.3.5 + SuperSU).

The fuss is all about 5.3.8
The Following User Says Thank You to belyava For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift belyava Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 11:59 AM |#10010  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,311

More
No problem editing/saving build.prop here either with CM11 and a version or two prior to latest MiXplorer...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 04:30 PM |#10011  
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Quote:

1. Thanks.
2 .There isn't much to write.
1: Press on any system file.
2: Open it.
3: Fail.
4: Copy file to user storage.
5: Open it there.
6: Success.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moriel5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moriel5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, encfs, epub, mix, mixplorer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)