FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,103 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,279

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th April 2013, 01:12 AM |#501  
Flag East Cupcake
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by picarito

Has anyone notice that some of the convolver sounds are not synchronized when watching a movie or videos on YouTube?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I noticed the sound was off a bit on all videos not just YouTube and was wondering what was causing it. I guess the sound lag is due to the time it takes to process it.

9th April 2013, 03:23 AM |#502  
Flag Toledo, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 554

More
deleted by rydog66
The Following User Says Thank You to rydog66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rydog66 Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 08:34 AM |#503  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 14,279

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by picarito

Has anyone notice that some of the convolver sounds are not synchronized when watching a movie or videos on YouTube?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Yes if convolver was turned on.
Because convolver processes the sound by applying IR sample characteristics onto the sound you are playing, therefore the sound will be off-sync with its video.

Thus, turn off convolver when watching videos.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zhuhang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zhuhang Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 08:39 AM |#504  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak07

i'm using icj 2.9 on one x too and everything works flawless did the setup to have both mods alongside.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

great. i flashed the rom with full wipe with no other mods installed. i guess the audio files that we have to edit are same for both of us. i tried a lot of times. can you help me providing your files and guide me a bit. i really spent yesterday on trying to install this mod into my fresh icj 2.9.
9th April 2013, 11:17 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 1,888

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaimed

great. i flashed the rom with full wipe with no other mods installed. i guess the audio files that we have to edit are same for both of us. i tried a lot of times. can you help me providing your files and guide me a bit. i really spent yesterday on trying to install this mod into my fresh icj 2.9.

okay here is the link for the two audio effects.conf files that are edited like it´s described in the instruction.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1sjzd5bf5s190vk/J_93hPg2EL

the files have to be put in the right places for example with root explorer.

okay the file audio_effects1.conf goes to system/etc. after that delete the original audio_effects.conf and rename the new file back to audio_effects.conf. then set the correct permissions. (rw-r--r--)

okay audio_effects2.conf goes to /system/vendor/etc. there you should do the same things like with the first file.

inside of my dropbox link you also find the two libs. you have to copy them to /system/lib/soundfx and set also the correct permissions. (rw-r--r--)

now download the convolver irsamples from the first post. create the folder /ViPER4Android/Kernel on the root of sdcard. then put the irs files inside this folder.

reboot

now extract the two apks from the zips that you can download in the first post. choose the manual installation ones. and install the apks from fx and xhifi remember to use a player that does not use his own eq. with xenoamp for example it´s not working. i also deleted dsp manager from system/app.

warning:
the two config files are only for icj on htc one x.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freak07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freak07 Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 05:38 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverender326

So what are everyone's favorite IR samples for Convolver? I listen to mostly rock music with a smattering of hip hop / trance. Using the Sony Equ Senhance wav sample that was posted earlier and its pretty good. Deep bass response and you can feel that reverb from V4AFX. pretty cool. Before that it was DBX Blue Medium Ratio.

I listen to hip-hop =) And After reading everyone's settings I've found my own now. and I use default Music Player on my phone but tried with PowerAmp and PlayerPro and Music Player sounds the best with Rock as equalizer. It's clear even on phone speaker. the volume was 1/15 but it sounds like 7/15 =) But never tried on headphone yet,just speakers =p

My Settings =)

FX
Main Engine = Y
Playback Gain= N
FIREqualizer = Y Acoustic
Convolver = Y StuderA80RCHalfInch +1dB w NoiseReduction (i got it from Tranceman1989 =)
Field Surround = N
Reverberation = N 25m2 11m damp 0 wet 20 dry 100
Dynamic System = Y common 28 pc
Master Gate = 0 0

Hi-Fi
Main Engine = Y
Play back gain = Y (effect slight,max gain 2X,max output -1.9dB)
FIREqualizer = Y Custom (5.5 - 5.2 - 3.0 - 4.1 - 2.6 - 0.8 - 4.2 - 2.6 - 3.6 - 4.7)
Audio reconstruct = Y (Hi clarity = 50, Low clarity = 70)
master gate = 0

Phone Speaker
Main Engine = Y
Playback Gain= N
FIREqualizer = Rock
Convolver = Y Urei 1178 Impulse Hard
Reverberation = Y 25m2 5m damp 100 wet 20 dry 100
eXtra Loud = Y Slight Inf 0dB
Master Gate = 0 0

(If u wanna use XHiFi on Phone Speaker,lock headset mode)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikami15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mikami15 Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 07:07 PM |#507  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 621

More
Would this work on Desire HD (ARMv7 I believe)
9th April 2013, 07:16 PM |#508  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 450

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInTheCorner

Would this work on Desire HD (ARMv7 I believe)

Yes it will definitely work

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to avinashrocks1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift avinashrocks1990 Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 08:12 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
I can get it to work with my headset, but when I try to enable on phone speaker...I lose all sound output...has anyone had this happen?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
9th April 2013, 08:31 PM |#510  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 285

More
I would love to see how this sounds but is there a simple flashable zip?

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to los1010 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift los1010 Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 08:34 PM |#511  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 450

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by los1010

I would love to see how this sounds but is there a simple flashable zip?

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

You don't have to flash it
Download the zip extract it
Install viper manager
Install libs according to your processor
Restart the phone
Install viper audio mod
Enjoy

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to avinashrocks1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift avinashrocks1990 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)