Safe to remove app on htc chacha

Search This thread

aegisfreedom

Aug 3, 2011
Hi all.
I searched the forum regarding which apps are safe to remove (bloatware) for the sake of improving battery performance, but i cant find any.. Any of you manage to find the link? Or is there any suggestion of which app we can safely remove without affecting the phone?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

iDAREK

Feb 29, 2008
Leeds
dariusz.wieckiewicz.org
Hi all.
I searched the forum regarding which apps are safe to remove (bloatware) for the sake of improving battery performance, but i cant find any.. Any of you manage to find the link? Or is there any suggestion of which app we can safely remove without affecting the phone?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

You can remove only that apps, that you install by yourself. To remove system apps, you need to get a root. To get a root, you need to get S=off... and this is a hardest :)

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
You can remove the basic bloat that comes with every android, like stocks, news, gtalk (in case you don't use it), books, facebook (everything from FB if you don't use it, but I'm unsure if this affects the phone somehow; it shouldn't though), friend stream, news&weather (I don't know how this work, never used it), peep. I think that should cover almost everything but I am not 100% positive about this; I will s-off my phone this week and root it. Only afterwards I can confirm about which apps from above are 100% safe to remove.

If anyone tried any of the above it would be nice to know which ones are safe before we perform the trial and error with these.

Cheers.

P.S.: You can remove the apps above only if you have s-off and a rooted phone though; unfortunately you will have to wait for HTC to unlock the bootloader or find someone with an xtc clip.

Last edited:

qbert456

Jul 21, 2010
Careful with any music type apps, one of them affects ringtones. Not sure which but I deleted a load of system apps relating to music and had to restore an earlier backup!

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
You can remove the basic bloat that comes with every android, like stocks, news, gtalk (in case you don't use it), books, facebook (everything from FB if you don't use it, but I'm unsure if this affects the phone somehow; it shouldn't though), friend stream, news&weather (I don't know how this work, never used it), peep. I think that should cover almost everything but I am not 100% positive about this; I will s-off my phone this week and root it. Only afterwards I can confirm about which apps from above are 100% safe to remove.

If anyone tried any of the above it would be nice to know which ones are safe before we perform the trial and error with these.

Cheers.

P.S.: You can remove the apps above only if you have s-off and a rooted phone though; unfortunately you will have to wait for HTC to unlock the bootloader or find someone with an xtc clip.

I can confirm the above. Just removed all of those and it works like a charm :)