[ROM][RC2.1] HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 (3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

solidsnake66

Aug 5, 2010
I used this on a Dell Streak 7 WIFI for a couple days and only experienced minor issues other than the shut-offs when not using the device for a bit.

I loved it except for one major annoyance that forced me to flash back. The android browser doesn't allow you to move between tabs and when I installed Dolphin (my usual browser for tablets) I was unable to open links in new tabs. I do this often so it was quite frustrating for me.

So i'm back to stock now. I used the method from illdill located here but before loading Honeystreak on my device I backed up all the partitions on my streak myself using NVFlash.

I will be writing up a post and uploading the files for the Dell Streak 7 WIFI to restore it to stock as soon as I get the time. If anyone needs them before I get a chance to write up the post to restore their Dell Streak 7 WIFI version let me know.

Reactions: bleech

jackyyuen

Jan 12, 2007
alohaeveryone.com
is that possbile to add Market to beta 2?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your great work. I am been using your roms for Streak 5 and Streak 7. And thats also the only reason I have Dell.

I have been waiting for HC for Streak 7 since day one Dell release the product and you make it happen before Dell :) I hope I am not asking too much, but really would like to know when will you going to release HoneyStreak with Market support.

I am went back to Beta 1 now but really love the screen of Beta 2. Hope you can do the magic again.

Many Thanks.

gsmtmofan

Jul 5, 2009
Chattanooga
Damn I've been gone for too long

Thanks

Here I was thinking about Modding this thing, to fit in the dash of my car.

The streak is the head unit in my mustang :)

IMG_20110505_135750.jpg

Honeycomb is gonna make it even better. Thank you DJ Steve

gsmtmofan

Jul 5, 2009
Chattanooga
Didn't see this written anywhere else, but I just want to make sure before I attempt this that I dont already have to have my streaked rooted or have clockwork installed. I know it isnt installed using clockwork, but I am just making sure. Thanks

gsmtmofan

Jul 5, 2009
Chattanooga
how da hell you did that ?

what do you have the streak actually mounted to ?

or did you just have a whole in ur dash and wanted to see if the streak fit ?

I made relief cuts in the dash panel and then put epoxied a back panel to it. Use some body filler to accept the shape of the streak so it slides down and back into place. Took a ton of sanding and then some paint, but turned out how I wanted it. I will make a thread about it soon so I dont hijack this one.

Nyflyboi

Mar 25, 2011
Okay so does the unit come out or its stuck in there im digging it but dont see the point no disrespect. You did a great job tho im impressed....

bogdi1988

Mar 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
d0362087-7c3f-7381.jpg

Here is my setup :) not quite as integrated as the Mustang but still does ok :)

Wifi link between tablet and netbook under seat. Netbook runs itunes and outputs audio through car aux in. Tablet runs Copilot maps and itunes remote app.

Sent from my Nexus S

solidsnake66

Aug 5, 2010
d0362087-7c3f-7381.jpg

Here is my setup :) not quite as integrated as the Mustang but still does ok :)

Wifi link between tablet and netbook under seat. Netbook runs itunes and outputs audio through car aux in. Tablet runs Copilot maps and itunes remote app.

Sent from my Nexus S

How do you have yours mounted? I'm looking to do something similar in my car.

ArthurJGuy

Mar 4, 2011
I changed the LCD density from the HoneyStreak default of 105 to 160 and it cured alot of issues, but also caused a few more.

- I can access the tabs in the browser now
- The notifications and clock open properly now
- Overall things are easier to read by being larger (this is in the dash of my car so easy to read is a must)

However

- Gmail, Youtube, Trapster, and a few other apps will FC every time now. I suspect that I can't use the Honeycomb Gapps except Maps and the new music player work fine.

supakilla25

Jan 25, 2007
anyone figure out away to get marketplace on here yet i cant use google navigation because it ask me to install text to speech...

WorkingOnWise

Mar 6, 2011
What app are you using to adjust the screen density' and has anyone cranked it to 160 and gotten the gb ui?

Sent from my Streak7 using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 01/08/11
    Rebased off Prime 1.7 alpha for Asus Transformer,
    fixed 3g properly
    usb partially working again < see below
    screenshot support working

Update 20/07/11
    fixed up apns and cell radio issues hopefully

Update 19/07/11
    Updated to 3.2 based off xoom dump.
    fixed internal memory mount
    stock lcd density now 120

Update 27/06/11
    Modified Launcher to fix the issues with icon layout in app list.
    Dropped in the ril library from beta 2, may help with 4g but i doubt it. - check settings > about > status and report the network type please
    Modified Build prop and permissions to match a 3.1 xoom so market should work better

HONEYCOMB IS HERE !!!!!

Please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :D - any amount is appreciated
    GBP Donate | USD Donate

all donations strongly appreciated at moment im tight for cash :(

yep thats right folks, i am proud to announce my first beta of android 3.1 aka honeycomb for the streak7

Dont ask how ive managed it because its far to complicated to explain, the kernel alone is a right bodge job and just barely working - courtesy of a mate of mine for that one

ok now for the techy part
    Based on Android 3.2 - 3.2 google apps working
    everything works and seems stable
    performance is INSANE
    NO OVERCLOCK ability as yet.
    fully rooted and root adb
    rebased this 3.2 off of parts of a transformer rom,
    usb mounting works automaticly for the INTERNAL tablet storage only, sd card you'll have to plug into pc manually or copy files to from the file manager on tablet.
    internal storage is still accessable to android while mounted over usb which is a nice bonus too
    screenshots work using the internal screenshot ability.... goto settings > display to enable it then long press the recent apps icon to take screenshot

What Works
    Everything that i know of

What Doesn Work/Known Issues
    Some reported lockups requiring reset but ive not seen personally
    Video Chat works in gtalk but sound is one way, the other person can hear you but you cant hear them, havent worked out why yet

ok now thats out the way we come to the complicated part .... installing it

now this build cant just be flashed through clockwork recovery as it needs to update some critical parts of the device including the primary and secondary bootloaders. so if you try flashing this i suggest making sure streak is FULLY charged and if using a laptop make sure it is connected to the mains power also for safety reasons.

also be aware that you CANNOT just use a pkg to downgrade to 2.2.2 you have to use the nvflash tutorial found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018809&highlight=nvflash to go back to the 2.2.2 bootloaders and then you can place the latest update.pkg on your external sd card named as update.pkg and flash it using recovery to get back to 2.2

the software we use to do this is called NVFlash and involves booting the streak7 into whats called APX mode. those of you who have read the streak5 forums can think of nvflash as being the same sort of thing as QDLTool for Streak5.

Install Instructions:
    1. Download the streakdroid zip from below, this contains all the files and drivers required to flash your device to honeycomb
    2. Extract the zip to a folder on your pc - I recommend c:\flash and will use that path in this example
    3. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
    4. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
    5. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
    6. Turn off your 7 and unplug the usb cable from it, then hold BOTH volume keys down and connect the usb cable, if done correctly your pc should detect the apx device. choose to update the driver, choose the second option then let me choose from a list, choose have disk then navigate to c:\flash\usbpcdriver and choose the only one it shows (Nvidia boot recovery driver for mobile devices)
    7. Double click the Download.bat file in the c:\flash directory and wait a while it will take some time depending on the speed of your pc and usb ports.
    8. Once the box disappears hold down power on your 7 untill dell logo appears (can take a little while) then wait for a few mins for some honeycomb tasting goodness.

Download Link(Primary Mirror): http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/honeycomb/Streakdroid-HD7-RC2.1.zip

Thanks go to:
    Hellzya for sending me his Streak7 and testing this out
    Graffixnyc For testing and tormenting devs for help :)
    The A-Team and devs @ www.tabletroms.com for helping with the honeycomb port in first place, parts of this are still from the notion ink adam honeycomb build I help with, this build is also posted up over their and ill be supporting it in both places

Please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :D - any amount is appreciated
    GBP Donate | USD Donate

all donations strongly appreciated at moment im tight for cash :(
    rc2 is up folks check out first post
    I am hoping someone can help me out. I know DJ Steve put out a HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 Release Candidate 1.5 build, but I can't get it to obtain an IP address from T-Mobile's Mobile Network in the USA.

Basically, Even with 2.0 RC1.5 (July 20th release), I still can't get my DS7 to connect to 2G/3G/4G T-Mobile (USA). The HD7 1.6 RC3 ROM works just fine, but the 3.2 Honeycomb 2.0 RC1.5 ROM won't obtain an IP Address. The mobile network will connect, it will say T-Mobile, I have tried manually specifying the network, trying various APN combinations, but it won't connect. Is there a separate radio I need to flash for HoneyComb HD7 (HC 3.2), if I was previously on HoneyStreak HD7 1.6 RC3 (HC 3.1)? I reflashed with NV 3 times.

Thanks in advance for the help. DJ Steve, I sent you a 12-pack via PayPal a week or so ago for your awesome ROMs. Also, please send me a PM if you could use a little bit of help from an experienced Android/iOS/WP7 App Developer. I don't have too much extra time on my hands these days, I have a full time day job as an Android developer, and I have my own Mobile and Web Development corporation that I run on the side. But regardless I could still pitch in a hand if you would like. I haven't done too much with building custom ROMs, but I built AOSP numerous times from source for my N1 and ADP1. I am very handy with Linux, shell/Windows command & batch scripting, developing custom kernel modules, building from source, finding bugs, etc. I know about 25 programming languages, I have 10 years of Mobile Application Development experience, dating back to Windows Mobile 4, and I know the Dalvik VM inside and out.

Cheers,
    JBDynamics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dell Streak 7, Samsung Nexus S, LG T-Mobile G2x, HTC Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant, ViewSonic G-Tab, Asus Transformer 32GB, ADP2, ADP1, SmartQV7, HTC Surround, iPad 1 & 2 (64GB), iPhone 4 White (32GB), iPod Touch 3 & 4 (64GB).
    I wudn expect anything useful from me till mid next week as im working insane shifts till monday on which my current broadband internet is cut off ready for my new bt infinity install on tuesday.. I may wait uploading any edits till I have that and the 7mb+ upload speed it provides :D

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29659214/UPDATE.pkg place this on the sdcard. boot into bootloader by holding +volume and power till you see menu then select option 2 and let it do its thing. This is 2.2.2 btw oh and make sure its named update.pkg