[APP] SwitchMe Root Profile Manager [SHARE YOUR DEVICE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Fast switch takes 15 seconds - is that not immediate enough for you?

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I dont think you understand - 15 seconds is as fast as it will get. Please stick to the topic.

yogeshmha

Sep 2, 2011
Mumbai
It's not abt the time
It's two diff things! Just asking u whether it's possible or not

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

shr00my

Feb 10, 2008
What's possible, 10, even 5 seconds? Go away...

Dude srsly... what the f**k is wrong with you? opening a Testers thread, asking for help, getting a feature request, don't even _GET THE MEANING_ and then act like that?

oh boy, over9000 reasons to not buy your software... not even illegally download it...

b2t: He asked whether it's possible to get a desktop-os-like logon screen so you dont have to reboot the tablet yourself, but can go outside the session like a logoff. he also mentioned it wasnt about the time. Cool down next time when you try to answer such a request... it will help.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Fine, I'm cool. Now, back to topic please. Issues only, as per OP instructions.

yogeshmha

Sep 2, 2011
Mumbai
Dude srsly... what the f**k is wrong with you? opening a Testers thread, asking for help, getting a feature request, don't even _GET THE MEANING_ and then act like that?

oh boy, over9000 reasons to not buy your software... not even illegally download it...

b2t: He asked whether it's possible to get a desktop-os-like logon screen so you dont have to reboot the tablet yourself, but can go outside the session like a logoff. he also mentioned it wasnt about the time. Cool down next time when you try to answer such a request... it will help.
Thank You Phew! i gave up using his software for his behaviour

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks. Get back on topic please. I'm am not interested in your opinion of my character and all of the people who were flaming are in my ignore list.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Hi everyone. Im one of the developers of SwitchMe, and app that allows multiple secure logins into separate installations of android on a single device. The pr is after the break.

I really need a few people to check into some issues people on the 10.1 have been experiencing. There are some warnings involved:

- testers must perform a full nandroid backup before using the app, it is not our responsibility if you start getting boot loops

- if you report results or bugs, please use the "Write to us" function in the app whenever possible, and always describe the issue in the header of the logs you send

- if you post here, bes sure to include your device type and rom

- if you have apps installed on sd, be sure to mention that as well

Let get back to what it says in the op shall we?

roomitz

Jan 7, 2012
ok, i install it, at first try, seems slow and little buggy to create new copy to profile, but after some minutes it made it, the first profile change takes about 50 sec to start its some time but it works nice now i will be testing the app because me and my girlfriend use the same tab, now she have her profile and me my one, anything strange i will post it, but for now is greate, for me dosen't matter the switch time. :)

im using galaxy task 14 slim, with preshoot kernel and ics boosted's theme.

Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
SwitchMe 1.2 has been rolled out and now includes a lockscreen replacement:

Added lock screen for logging in and out
More stable Fast switch implementation
Reworked UI colors

Now, its very important that we get some feedback on how this big new feature works, so please read up on it in the help and post your thoughts!

yogeshmha

Sep 2, 2011
Mumbai
uploadfromtaptalk1329405898746.jpg

Stuck while creating clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone. Im one of the developers of SwitchMe, and app that allows multiple secure logins into separate installations of android on a single device. The pr is after the break.

I really need a few people to check into some issues people on the 10.1 have been experiencing. There are some warnings involved:

- testers must perform a full nandroid backup before using the app, it is not our responsibility if you start getting boot loops

- if you report results or bugs, please use the "Write to us" function in the app whenever possible, and always describe the issue in the header of the logs you send

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
    account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.

You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
    others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.

Why is this functionality useful?

Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
    Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
    Gaming – with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
    Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
    Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The Lite version allows the creation of two profiles, enough to test on.

Screens:

Its multiple accounts inside one base OS. You can clone your current account, or create fresh installations of the ROM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
    account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.

You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
    others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.

Why is this functionality useful?

Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
    Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
    Gaming – with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
    Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
    Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The Lite version allows the creation of two profiles, enough to test on.

Screens:

I m ready for the test...hav been using my tab for more than 6 months now

i was finding this for a long time... just some questions before i begin testing this on my tab.

is it something like two or more accounts in one OS or multiple OS like i gotta keep ICS and stock honeycomb at the same time...is it possible?

on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7500 Indian Version

Stock Honeycomb 3.2 + pershoot kernel

:)
    OK installed switchMe successfully
    Made one active profile
    Then cloned it
    Then switched
    Restarted gave me a fresh copy as if like profile after factory reset
    Without bugs at the moment

Some applications missing and can't use password coz of lite version :)
    Will let know more abt it!

Would have been better without restart or

OK installed switchMe successfully
    Made one active profile
    Then cloned it
    Then switched
    Restarted gave me a fresh copy as if like profile after factory reset
    Without bugs at the moment

Some applications missing and can't use password coz of lite version :)
    Will let know more abt it!

Would have been better without restart or

Fast switch is free. The first switch will be slow though.