Rikomagic MK802 IV - QuadCore 2GB

Search This thread

Linuxium

Oct 8, 2014
Did anyone try to boot linux/ubuntu via the micro-sd card?

Another question: does it play mkv files?

Booting Linux from the SD card both works and gives you the advantage that you do not need to flash any firmware to the device meaning whilst the SD card is inserted you can boot Linux and on removing it you will be back to booting Android (or whatever firmware you have currently installed).

Shocker580

Apr 15, 2012
ON-OFF.. how ?

Hi all,
is there a way to turn-off the device after a while in idle ?

I noticed that is able to turn-on with the television, but not off..

Any solution ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All MK802IV since 07/2013 have a new WiFi Chipset.
    It is the same like in the Tronsmart 908 it is the AP6120 Singelband WiFi Chip.

NEOMODE

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2
    ive had versions of the mk's ever since the mk802. i currently have mk802 II and 2 mk808's. the wifi has been an issue from the very beginning. the problem is that most versions of these boards have a very nice little dipole antenna (looks to be apprx 3-5 dbi) but the antennas are crammed into the tiny case with no shielding, and it lays right up next to he other internal components. one very fast and easy fix is to do s one other person mentioned and take the antenna out of the case. you can easily remove the case then drill a small hole to feed the antenna through. this will instantly fix your signal strength, throughput and range.

or you can do what i did on a couple of mine, and de-solder the stock antenna and replace it with an rp-sma pigtail, drill a hole into the side of the case and mount it in the case, this way you can connect any antenna of your choice. if you dont have room inside the case for the backportion of the rpsma connection then yo ucould substitute another type of [pigtail connection such as mmcx or whatever you like.

https://app.box.com/s/mgde2dyfxpipmjh1p1aa -- netflix version 1.8.1 this will solve your netflix problems just install and dont ever update it