Anything new related to the purple camera issue?

Search This thread

onefasttreopro

May 8, 2009
Yea I see your guys' point....it kinda IS vague about the whole unlocking bootloader and warranty void etc etc...

I think it's a tech in repair center getting a bit too overzealous about who caused the problem...especially since it's been clearly stated and documented within HTC that the issues are hardware failures...

I guess to prevent future denials we just have to do our part in locking back up so the repair and reset/reflash (standard protocol) can be done without any additional hold ups.

The repair techs basically just have a couple options for describing reasons why warranty is voided so that's when we need to have issue escalated to a tier 2 RMA rep who works one on one with each customer/repair dispute (i personally had whole case replaced for nick on edge which tech said voided warranty for "abuse by device owner". The rma rep took care of me and prevented future denials because of his support.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Reactions: akuentzler

akuentzler

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Well I just got off the phone with a very reasonable RMA agent at HTC. I'll just say that he took good care of me, but I know now to never send my phone in S-off. It seems that S-Off was the main hurdle with this whole situation. I'll take some blame for sending my phone in S-Off. I was not careful enough when trying to reset my phone to stock. Anyway, if you are reading this, agent who helped me who has the same name as me, Thank you!

nauticus25

Jul 27, 2007
Well I just got off the phone with a very reasonable RMA agent at HTC. I'll just say that he took good care of me, but I know now to never send my phone in S-off. It seems that S-Off was the main hurdle with this whole situation. I'll take some blame for sending my phone in S-Off. I was not careful enough when trying to reset my phone to stock. Anyway, if you are reading this, agent who helped me who has the same name as me, Thank you!

That turned out to be my problem as well. And that would have been fine with me if we had gotten to that point when they first received the phone. But the way HTC dragged their heels with my case was completely unacceptable. The phone was physically at their facility for 17 days before they reluctantly started the repair. To his credit, the agent I spoke with did eventually authorize the repair, but he made it seem like he was doing me a huge favor and did not acknowledge that that length of time it had taken to get to that point was unusual. His name started with the same letter as your user name, so it may have been the same guy.

Now that I've used the camera a bit with the stock camera app, I'm noticing that the white balance is off in fluorescent lighting. If I manually set the white balance to fluorescent, it looks fine, but in auto, the photos come out with a greenish tint. Ugh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I sent my phone into HTC to repair the camera issue and they claimed it is outside of manufacture warranty because the bootloader was unlocked. I thought I had put everything back to normal before I sent it back in but I guess I missed something.

Is it true that this voids the warranty? If so, is it possible to re-lock it to where they cannot detect that it was ever unlocked? Is my warranty permanently voided now that they have my serial number? Do I have any chance of getting this fixed now?

It might of been because your boot loader doesn't say locked. If your s-off it is possible to make it locked. When I sent mine in I locked it and s-on and updated it. I got mine back without an issue and they fixed the camera.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    I just wrapped up a horrible experience sending the phone to HTC. I shipped it off on Thursday, January 30th and just got it back on Tuesday, February 25th. That's almost a month. They didn't even put the phone into their tracking system until Wednesday the 5th and would not cover the repair under warranty because the phone had been unlocked. Every time I contacted them to find out what was going on, it would take them days to get back to me. And when they promised action, it took days more for anything to happen. I had to keep calling in to get them to do anything and I had the sincere impression that they were just trying to get me to take the phone back unrepaired and go away. I certainly wasn't going to pay $200 for their faulty hardware design. The last guy I talked to eventually covered the repair, but only after I finally lost it out of sheer frustration when he admitted that the phone had just been sitting there for three days and was not being repaired like the previous guy had promised it was. For a company that needs customers, they were very actively trying hard to lose me as a customer and have succeeded. Because of this poor customer service, I will never buy another HTC device again.
    Did you have to talk to an "RMA" to get it through? I've called them twice since the claim was denied, and the second time they told me an "RMA" would call me within 24-48 hours but usually it only takes a few hours. It's been almost 24 hours now and I haven't heard anything.

I had to send an email to someone in the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) department absolving HTC of any responsibility if anything happened to the phone after the repair and acknowledging that the phone would no longer be under warranty after the repair. It still took them a week after I wrote that email to even begin the repair, and even then, it was only after I got upset on the phone that the guy I was talking to grudgingly authorized the repair. I'm still pissed about it and although I'm glad I'm not using my old backup Mogul anymore, I don't even like the HTC One anymore either because of this. Seriously, never again.
    Yea I see your guys' point....it kinda IS vague about the whole unlocking bootloader and warranty void etc etc...

I think it's a tech in repair center getting a bit too overzealous about who caused the problem...especially since it's been clearly stated and documented within HTC that the issues are hardware failures...

I guess to prevent future denials we just have to do our part in locking back up so the repair and reset/reflash (standard protocol) can be done without any additional hold ups.

The repair techs basically just have a couple options for describing reasons why warranty is voided so that's when we need to have issue escalated to a tier 2 RMA rep who works one on one with each customer/repair dispute (i personally had whole case replaced for nick on edge which tech said voided warranty for "abuse by device owner". The rma rep took care of me and prevented future denials because of his support.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app