[ROM|WWE|07/08/10]*~*MonaROM *~*[23569] [Sense2.5.2012/2016|CHT|MaxSense|Android]

Search This thread

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
[ROM][WWE][06/22/10] *~*MonaROM*~* [Sense2.5] [FAST!]

Welcome to the MonaROM Thread! Your Chef will be Kyle. I will be cooking roms for the Raphael, Topaz, Blackstone, Rhodium, and the Leo! This rom is made from my very own kitchen, which was optimized for speed, useability, and graphics. This rom is aimed at the end-user, so if you have any requests,I will be sure to include them, unless there is a problem. Just DONT hesitate to request a feature added =]

To Report Bugs: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM

Development has RE-Started!

JUST AN FYI!
Free Storage: 233.07 MB, In use: 38.30 MB
Free Program: 107.11 MB, In use: 97.86 MB
(Tested on MonaROM Sense 2.5.2016 CHT 7/8/10)
How's that for a pretty fully loaded rom?

Table of Contents
1) Intro
2) MonaROM Versions
3) MonaROM Changelog
4) MonaROM Screenshots
5) MonaROM Downloads
6) MonaROM XDAndroid Instructions
7) MonaROM Custom UC
8) Credits

Last edited:

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
Build Information

CHT based ROMs
Sense 2.5.2012 + CHT - This build is the Recommended build. It is based on Sense 2.5.2012, which has passed the test of time, and most of the bugs have been fixed. This build includes Cookie's Home Tab 1.8.5 and CHT Editor 1.8.5.1. This build is CFC Compressed to save space.

Sense 2.5.2016 + CHT - This build is based on Sense 2.5.2016, the latest and greatest build of sense. However, the Twitter tab and Stocks tab are not ported, so I used the 2012 version of these tabs. This build is rather new so please note that not all the bugs have been fixed. This build includes Cookie's Home Tab 1.8.5 and CHT Editor 1.8.5.1 .This ROM is also CFC Compressed.

MaxSense based ROMs
Sense 2.5.2012 + MaxSense - This ROM includes Sense 2.5.2012, which is pretty stable, and the MaxSense Modification.
The MaxSense description as on the MaxSense Thread:
"MaxSense is based on Manila/Sense 2.5. Unlike the original setup, MaxSense offers you total freedom to re-design your Home layout. All objects are now widget based and there are many customization options available to make your phone truly looks the way you want it. With full screen features and multiple screens, these allow you real estates to put things on the screen which were never possible. The UI design in such a way that it gives you access to the things you use frequently within a touch or scroll. I can go on forever but below summary of the features will bring to light what is there to offer."
This ROM is NOT CFC Compressed. Click here to view the MaxSense thread.

Plain Sense 2.5 ROMs
Sense 2.5.2012 - This ROM is based on the Time-Tested 2012 build of Sense 2.5. It is rather stable, and is skinned for MonaROM. Select this option if you would like to apply other modifications. This ROM is CFC Compressed.
Sense 2.5.2016 - This build is based on Sense 2.5.2016, the latest and greatest build of sense. However, the Twitter tab and Stocks tab have not been ported, so I used the 2012 version of these tabs. This build is rather new so please note that not all the bugs have been fixed.

Roms With XDAndroid
Sense 2.5.2012 + XDAndroid + CHT - This build is the most unique. The MonaROM Android build is the only ROM that includes an easy to install XDAndroid ROM with a device selection screen on the first boot. It's So easy! (Even a cave man can do it ;). All you have to do is flash the ROM, wait for MonaROM Customization to begin, and Select your device at the Device Selection Screen. Then wait until customization is complete, and press Start > Android > Android and XDAndroid will boot!

Other ROMs
SPB Mobile Shell - <Description Here>

Last edited:

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
Changelog

Current STABLE Build
7/08/10 - MonaROM With Sense 2.5.2012
-NOW CFC Compressed, and Removed unneeded LOC files.
-Various Bug fixes
-Faster!
-Updated MaxSense ROM to MaxSense 1.04.2

07/08/10 - MonaROM with Sense 2.5.2016
-Added 2016 Base, upgraded port to release 3.
-CFC Compressed the needed 2012 base files

Code:
[B]6/28/10[/B] - [B]MonaROM With Sense 2.5.2012[/B]
[COLOR=black]-Removed HTC Messaging client... Fixes those darn messaging problems![/COLOR]
-Removed HTC Lockscreen... It's nice, but its not for vga. I'm currently working on porting to VGA, and will include it when work is done.
-Fixed bug where you're not able to change tabs from settings page
-Various fixes here and there

[B]6/28/10 [/B]- [B]MonaROM with Sense 2.5.2016[/B]
-Added 2016 Base
-CFC Compressed

[B][COLOR=red]6/22 [U]B1[/U] [/COLOR][COLOR=black]- MonaROM 6/22[/COLOR][/B]
-Added new TimeZone selection screen at first boot
-Added Connection Setup screen at first boot
-Updated HTC Messaging Client to 2016 build (Has Secure box, and is REALLY fast. HTC Really did a good job on this one :) )
-Updated HTCMessage 1.09.281.2 to 1.10.281.0
-Updated HTCScroll 2.0.19153028 to 2.0.20132227.00
-Updated Menu Enhancement 1.1.20113129 to 1.1.20161427
-Updated Message Enhancement 1.2.19224032 to 1.2.20161323
-Updated TimeZoneAutoFix 1.0.19222424.01 to 1.0.20161329.00
-Updated Task Bar Icon Mgr to 3.17
-Updated Camera, and fixed some shortcut settings so im pretty sure this one will work
-Added SWEET HTCLockScreen 2.0.20161426.00 to all builds. (Works with password, too! :)
-New Custom XDA-UC in ALL roms. Instructions are below.

[U]New To XDAndroid Build:[/U]
[B]-Added Device selection screen on first boot. [/B]- Instead of downloading and installing the startup cab for your device, you may now just select the correct device and customization will take care of the rest for you! There is no need to worry about complicated instructions about how to install this rom, now you may just flash, select your device, and you're ready to go! No hassles at all!
[B]-Added Dual Boot Screen[/B]

[B]EDIT: THIS ANDROID ROM IS FREAKIN SWEET! EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY AUTOMATED EXCEPT SELECTING YOUR DEVICE! ITS SOOOO EASY![/B]

[COLOR=red][B]6/20 [COLOR=black]MonaROM 6/20[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
[B]-[/B]Updated CHT builds to CHT 1.8.5
-Fixed camera
-New Kitchen, and New Computer so there are some other minor changes here and there.
-SPB Mobile shell fixed
-Added HTC Messaging v2016 with Secure Box (More info coming soon)
[B][U]-ADDED NEW SENSE 2015 LOCKSCREEN! ITS AWESOME! [COLOR=red]ONLY TO CHT BUILDS! (SORRY, IT WAS A LAST MINUTE CHANGE!)[/COLOR][/U][/B]

[COLOR=red][B]6/10 [COLOR=black]- MonaROM 6/10[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
-Included TouchProTweak
[B]-Included XDA-UC (tweaked!)[/B] Instructions Coming Soon! =]
-Updated Cookie's HomeTAB to 1.8 (On CHT Builds)
-Updated CHT Editor to 1.8 (On CHT Builds)
-Added MaxSense (on MaxSense Builds)
-Added SPB Mobile shell build =]
-Removed RunCC (too slow, XDA-UC is better to install customization cabs =)

[B][COLOR=black]6/5 [/COLOR][COLOR=black]- MonaROM 6/5 [/COLOR][/B]
-Added Animated.gif (animated startup screen)
-Added Welcomehead.192.png (Still startup screen after animated screen)
-Fixed a few icons

-THIS BUILD IS NEAR PERFECT!

[B]6/3 - MonaROM 6/3 RC7[/B]
-FIXED 99.999% of MANILLA PACKAGES!!!
-Replaced alot of HTC packages, used a mix of Rhodium packages and LEO packages for optimum speed!
-Optimized new packages
-Fixed up start menu a little bit
-FIXED SETTINGS TAB!
-FIXED TEXT MESSAGING
-Reorganized kitchen

5/28 MonaROM 1.0 RC6
-FIXED ALL MANILA PACKAGES! (hopefully) EDIT: Never mind... This fix did not work at all.. it just worsened the problem
-FIXED A TON OF BUGS
-Fixed Location service
-Moved CHT editor to the "Tools" Folder

[B]5/27 - MonaROM 1.0 RC5[/B]
-Added some games
-More behind the scenes tweeks
-Removed "CustomRUU", and replaced it with RaphaelWrapper, Custom RUU was detected as a virus.

[B]5/27 - MonaROM 1.0 RC4[/B]
-Added Dinik's slider
-Fixed a few bugs
-Optimized some "behind the scenes" files

[B]5/27 - MonaROM 1.0 RC3[/B]
-Fixed PRO-Fuze KB switcher
-Fixed Keyboard =]

[B]5/27 MonaROM 1.0 RC2[/B]
-Fixed misaligned wp

[B]5/26 MonaROM 1.0 RC1[/B]
-Started ROM

Last edited:

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
Screenshots

th_2.png
th_6.png

Last edited:

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
Last edited:

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
XDANDROID Build

VERY EASY INSTALL!

Instructions
1) Download and Flash the XDAndroid rom
2) On the first boot, Customization will ask you which device you have. SELECT THE CORRECT DEVICE!!!
3) Customization will take about 5 minutes. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE UNTIL AFTER SENSE LOADS!!!
4) Tap Start > Android > Android, and android will boot up. If it seems to freeze or has any errors, reboot your phone and try again.
5) There ya go! All Done!!!

I have tested this out many times. IT DOES WORK. It just takes some persistance.

For more help, Go over to the XDAndroid thread.

Last edited:

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
User Customization

Special User Customization

This ROM Contains a custom version of XDA-UC To suit our needs. It is pretty simplified, but it gets the job done as quickly as possible.
.....................................................................................................
Chef's Customization
-Performs chef's customizations
...-Detects which build of MonaROM is being flashed
......-If it is XDAndroid build, it will ask which device you're using, and install the proper startup.txt
......-If it is SPB Mobile shell build, it will install files for SPB mobile shell
-Does some *Super Secret* MonaROM customizations

User's Customization
-Copy shortcuts from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\Start Menu to the Device's Start menu
-Copy and set Sense Wallpaper from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\Sense\wallpaper_sense.png
*(Your wallpaper must be 640x480)
-Install Pim Backup files from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\*.pib
*(You can use any file name, as long as the extension is .pib)
-Silently install .cab files in \Storage Card\XDA-UC
-Install CAB files with Full User input from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD
-Install .reg files in \Storage Card\XDA_UC
-Install .XML files in \Storage Card\XDA_UC
-Install .cer files in \Storage Card\XDA_UC
-Install User's .mscr files in \Storage Card\XDA_UC
-Install User's Welcomehead.192.png from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

Last edited:

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
Don't download RC4 yet... Im uploading RC5 in a few...

lol i tld u im fixing bugs as i find them :p. I'm uploading RC5 as we speak :p. I'm trying to make my rom the best i can and provide users with the best of the best right as i cook it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 437861

Trojan Virus.

I just downloaded RC4 and a Trojan Virus was detected by my computer. It was in the Wrapper/RUU. Fortunately for me my security protection caught and quarantined it. I've since deleted everything.

Maybe you need to check this out because it may stop alot of people trying your ROM out. I don't know what else to suggest but maybe other people may not be as lucky.

Good Luck.