[Q] Note 2 pre-release version: Firmware/root question

Search This thread

mmj12345

Jul 31, 2006
Hi there,

I have what I believe is a pre-release (ie. "4g test device) Note 2. It has a serial # stamp on the front top left (and I never received the OTA 4.3 update... i assume my IMEI number was excluded from whatever pool of IMEI's Verizon uses to push updates to). I'm still on what I believe is the stock firmware and I'm finally looking into rooting it and putting a custom ROM on. Unfortunately I'm not well-versed enough to look at the baseband, kernel, and build versions to determine if my phone is truly a stock hardware unit and on the original stock software (in which case I'll just follow the root guides in the Development forum) or if my stuff is somehow different because it is a test device.

Here is what my "About Phone" screen shows:

Model # SCH-I605
Android Version: 4.1.2
Baseband Version: I605VRAMA4
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-886776
se.infra@SEP-110 #1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 24 22:23:50 KST 2013
Build Number: JZ054K.I605VRAMA4
Hardware Version: I605.06

So, based on the above, is my phone the standard Verizon Note 2 hardware and is on the original stock software? I searched pretty extensively but I couldn't find any other thread with this question. If this is out there already I apologize, please link me to it.

Thanks in advance.

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
Everything matches MI e.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

*mine sorry

Reactions: mmj12345

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything matches MI e.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

*mine sorry