[DEV] unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Ingenic JZ4770/JZ4760 tablets

Search This thread

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
this is a work-in-progress development project for porting ClockworkMod Recovery 5 to Ingenic JZ4770/JZ4760 tablets.

this is not perfect at all. and I'm very busy. progress will be very very slow. I may not be able to answer your question/request. if you have some idea for improvement, please do it freely.

there is no support from any makers/vendors. you must agree all risks by installing non-supported files, it may brick your tablet, and you may lose official support/warranty.

* YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY POST#1, #2, AND #3!
* DO NOT USE IF YOUR TABLET IS NOT LISTED BELOW. IT WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET!

* project page
http://androtab.info/mips/ingenic/clockworkmod/

* supported tablets
ainol NOVO7 Basic and Paladin
Velocity Micro Cruz T100 series (Android 2.2 updated model and Android 2.0 PT701i model)
Velocity Micro Cruz T301
ronzi A3

* changelog
refer git log

* resources
http://developer.mips.com/android/
https://github.com/naobsd/cm_bootable_recovery/compare/ics...ics-mips-naobsd
https://github.com/naobsd/mips_build/compare/mips-ics-mr1...mips-ics-clockworkmod
https://github.com/naobsd/mips_external-busybox/compare/ics...ics-mips

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (for ainol NOVO7 Basic/Paladin, Cruz T100 series, Cruz T301)
1. download recovery-signed.zip for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!)
2. (if you are using stock recovery)rename it to update.zip, then put it on root of SD card
3. install update.zip from recovery

on stock recovery, update.zip will be installed automatically. on ClockworkMod Recovery, you need to select menu item manually.

* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (for ronzi A3)
1. download recovery.zip for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!), then extract recovery.cpio.img from it
2. make backup of stock recovery
Code:
adb remount
adb shell mv /system/recovery.cpio.img /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak
3. copy recovery.cpio.img into your tablet, then flash it
Code:
adb shell inand_flash_image recovery recovery.cpio.img

* How to boot recovery
push & hold VOL+ while power on

* How to boot recovery (alternative)
Code:
adb reboot recovery

*How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5
VOL-/HOME: down, VOL+: up, POWER/MENU: select, BACK: back

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
* Superuser, su, and busybox
it can be installed from ClockworkMod Recovery 5
- Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4770 ICS
- Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4760 Froyo

* random notes
- stock recovery
if you installed update.zip from stock recovery, stock recovery image should be renamed as /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak. (unless you didn't remove /system/recovery.cpio.img)
it can be flashed by "inand_flash_image" command. (use "flash_image" command for T100 series except PT701i model)

- mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas
backup/restore doesn't work for mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas

- time for reboot/poweroff (NOVO7 Basic)
I don't know why but reboot/poweroff take long time (as same as stock rom). you should wait 1 minute. if nothing is happened in 10 minutes, use reset hole ;)

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
for now I'm preparing to push my changes to github. I'm very busy so it needs some time.

if you made some.zip file to do something for MIPS Android (e.g. superuser.apk with su binary for MIPS), please tell me. I'll add link to post#1.

if you have some idea for next work, please tell me too. (but, as I wrote, I may not be able to answer your request. sorry)

Kashamalaga

Dec 16, 2011
Málaga
Thanks for your starting thread and project.

I bought a Advanced model but they send us a Basic Novo7.

All we know the incompatibilites using a cpu MIPS, that doesnt allow to run a lot of Android software that for default its compiled for ARM processors.

Im getting a bundle pack of apps running under our device.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Thanks for your starting thread and project.

I bought a Advanced model but they send us a Basic Novo7.

All we know the incompatibilites using a cpu MIPS, that doesnt allow to run a lot of Android software that for default its compiled for ARM processors.

Im getting a bundle pack of apps running under our device.

thank you. I understand your condition.

but here is dev thread for clockworkmod for novo7 basic. if you want to talk about apps which support mips android and/or any general things about novo7b, I recommend you to make new thread for it.

vanduhl

Sep 27, 2007
This is great news. If you are wanting to test any work with users on Velocity Cruz t301's which also run an ingenic processor (JZ4760) .

UPDATE: Tried running CWM for the hell of it on the t301 . Stuck at boot screen was able to get back to original recovery however. I'm guessing it might be due to the entry point into the kernel . Since the t301 is ancient Froyo. Would love to take a look at the source

Last edited:

vanduhl

Sep 27, 2007
Also here SHOULD be a working SU for MIPs. It work's on the cruz tablets

Attachments

• su.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 850

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
This is great news. If you are wanting to test any work with users on Velocity Cruz t301's which also run an ingenic processor (JZ4760) .

UPDATE: Tried running CWM for the hell of it on the t301 . Stuck at boot screen was able to get back to original recovery however. I'm guessing it might be due to the entry point into the kernel . Since the t301 is ancient Froyo. Would love to take a look at the source

I couldn't read what you did exactly. if you flashed my image w/o modification, it must not work. as I wrote, DO NOT USE file for other tablet.

please explain what you did, and please explain detail about your tablet before any random work.

vanduhl

Sep 27, 2007
I couldn't read what you did exactly. if you flashed my image w/o modification, it must not work. as I wrote, DO NOT USE file for other tablet.

please explain what you did, and please explain detail about your tablet before any random work.

Attempted using the above stated method(understanding you said DO NOT US file on other tablet) I was curious to see as what kind of error would or may of come up. I'm interested in modifying this for the Velocity Cruz T301 tablet(running a JZ4760 processor) as that community of tablet users has been left under the dust. Now with the novo coming out it will further pile under the dust. I have not yet made any modifications to it, although I would very much like to.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Attempted using the above stated method(understanding you said DO NOT US file on other tablet) I was curious to see as what kind of error would or may of come up.

kernel must not work because it's for NOVO7B. in general, kernel can't be shared among different products.

key assign, and partition layout may be different too. but currently I have no idea how to fix them because I don't have any detail about your tablet...

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8

How did you get back to your stock recovery image on the T301? I think I borked mines on a T105 accidentally with ROM Manager. I accidentally pressed the screen too many times while 'exploring' and the delayed input caused ROM Manager to start flashing a recovery. Now I can't boot into recovery. I just see black nothing.

EDIT:

Disregard - My stock recovery boots. I was performing the boot into recovery procedure incorrectly. Also, because the recovery.cpio.img was in /system I assume it was flashed on each power cycle.

Apologize: I have read the complete topic and now understand that at present it is only for Novo.

Last edited:

Kashamalaga

Dec 16, 2011
Málaga
Please dont use this thread to talk for another devices that arent be Novo7 Basic.

Asi cant start a new thread yet, here is my thread at spanish forum comunity with a full starter packs of mips app + games and a guide to be root.

htcmania. co m/showthread.php?t=303749

Kashamalaga

Dec 16, 2011
Málaga
I´ve got successfully get a compiled MIPS version of Titanium backup that works like a charm for our device Novo7 Device! Checkout at the link upside.

Regards. (I will open a new thread when i´ve got 50 messages...)

Reactions: GJSmith3rd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a work-in-progress development project for porting ClockworkMod Recovery 5 to Ingenic JZ4770/JZ4760 tablets.

this is not perfect at all. and I'm very busy. progress will be very very slow. I may not be able to answer your question/request. if you have some idea for improvement, please do it freely.

there is no support from any makers/vendors. you must agree all risks by installing non-supported files, it may brick your tablet, and you may lose official support/warranty.

* YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY POST#1, #2, AND #3!
    * DO NOT USE IF YOUR TABLET IS NOT LISTED BELOW. IT WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET!

* project page
    http://androtab.info/mips/ingenic/clockworkmod/

* supported tablets
    ainol NOVO7 Basic and Paladin
    Velocity Micro Cruz T100 series (Android 2.2 updated model and Android 2.0 PT701i model)
    Velocity Micro Cruz T301
    ronzi A3

* changelog
    refer git log

* resources
    http://developer.mips.com/android/
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_bootable_recovery/compare/ics...ics-mips-naobsd
    https://github.com/naobsd/mips_build/compare/mips-ics-mr1...mips-ics-clockworkmod
    https://github.com/naobsd/mips_external-busybox/compare/ics...ics-mips
    * How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (for ainol NOVO7 Basic/Paladin, Cruz T100 series, Cruz T301)
    1. download recovery-signed.zip for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!)
    2. (if you are using stock recovery)rename it to update.zip, then put it on root of SD card
    3. install update.zip from recovery

on stock recovery, update.zip will be installed automatically. on ClockworkMod Recovery, you need to select menu item manually.

* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (for ronzi A3)
    1. download recovery.zip for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!), then extract recovery.cpio.img from it
    2. make backup of stock recovery
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb shell mv /system/recovery.cpio.img /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak
    3. copy recovery.cpio.img into your tablet, then flash it
    Code:
    adb shell inand_flash_image recovery recovery.cpio.img

* How to boot recovery
    push & hold VOL+ while power on

* How to boot recovery (alternative)
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery

*How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    VOL-/HOME: down, VOL+: up, POWER/MENU: select, BACK: back
    * Superuser, su, and busybox
    it can be installed from ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    - Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4770 ICS
    - Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4760 Froyo

* random notes
    - stock recovery
    if you installed update.zip from stock recovery, stock recovery image should be renamed as /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak. (unless you didn't remove /system/recovery.cpio.img)
    it can be flashed by "inand_flash_image" command. (use "flash_image" command for T100 series except PT701i model)

- mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas
    backup/restore doesn't work for mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas

- time for reboot/poweroff (NOVO7 Basic)
    I don't know why but reboot/poweroff take long time (as same as stock rom). you should wait 1 minute. if nothing is happened in 10 minutes, use reset hole ;)
    Hi guys I've founded the correct adb driver for gl5201 tablet:

zip attachment: see my "about me" link

1) Enable Developer Mode in the tablet
    2) Connect the tablet to PC and don't let it search drivers on windows update (it'll fail the search but don't worry)
    3) Go to the devices list and choose to update/install the correct drivers
    4) Extract the content of zip attachment on the Desktop and choose that folder for correct installation of the driver (you'll see "Android ADB Composite Interface"
    5) Replace the default adb_usb.ini in your "%USERPROFILE%\.android" folder with the one inside the .android folder in the zip attachment link
    6) The installation is now complete, now if you write "adb devices" you can see "Actions semi. device" and you can dmesg and logcat it directly from usb ;)
    CM for T-100 series boots, makes backups, can do factory resets, and can successfully restore backups. cant find any problems with it so far at all. super stoked. thank you very much @fun_!

thank you for your report!

I'll update my site asap :)