Language Packs for Custom ROMS

Search This thread

gustavosg

Aug 29, 2008
Belo Horizonte
Hello everyone. I've tested a log of roms lately, and almost all removed other languages except English and Spanish. It seems, just to decrease a big 8 mb of space ¬¬
Unfortunately, a lot of people still doesn't know very well other languages (my english still bad, but i can comunicate sometimes). So... i'll not gonna ask to get those language packs again in those ROMs, but upload the original language packs (Portuguese Brazil, Japan, whatever...) All it was originally found in STOCK ROM.

That could be possible to do?

Right now, i need these language pack for Motorola Milestone 3 XT862/XT860.

Best regards.

Reactions: barzacch

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Hello everyone. I've tested a log of roms lately, and almost all removed other languages except English and Spanish. It seems, just to decrease a big 8 mb of space ¬¬
Unfortunately, a lot of people still doesn't know very well other languages (my english still bad, but i can comunicate sometimes). So... i'll not gonna ask to get those language packs again in those ROMs, but upload the original language packs (Portuguese Brazil, Japan, whatever...) All it was originally found in STOCK ROM.

Best regards.

I don't know if this will work but look in the stock rom in /system/tts/lang_pico
I'm running ics so I'm not sure if gb roms will be the same. But looking at mine the file names appear to be languages. Try dropping these into your rom of choice the same way you did to port it to the xt860. It might not work, but worth a shot

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda premium

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
I'm still confused by android and language.
I have a verizon XT862 that I use in Holland. I've set it to country: holland and language: english. This works fine.
When I press the mic key in my homescreen, it uses dutch voice recognition (which works flawlessly btw). However if I try to use it in any other app it says: current language does not support voice dictation.

Others here CAN use dutch voice dictation

bArAbAts

Nov 3, 2009
but why does anyone take out the multilanguage support if it's only 8mb?!?!!??!?!

if i would build a rom i'd like to see it go around the world and not only english/spanish country's!?

niko99

May 15, 2008
I do it for Polish users, but its not that easy as you think

motorola make a blur "rom" only with es and en lang.
In all aplication ( system, framework, phone, camera , browser and rest ) there a file with lang.
And when you decompile someone (by using apktool) you will find a files with
only with EN and ES and its no possibility to add other lang there.

it is not a simple one 8mb file with all words what is includet in rom

for example to translate only Settings you must translate 1875 lines of text

download this file and look
http://speedy.sh/syNPC/strings.xml (file with EN lang. from motoblur d3 rom)

and now all others apk have that same strings.xml files with other text to translate to your lang.

ps. if some polish or ES (because ES lang is also in this rom) people intrested you make dowlnoad D3 custom rom with PL / ES lang from below link

http://forum.android.com.pl/f426/mi...3-wersja-0-9-do-pobrania-18-07-2012-a-158868/

Last edited:

gustavosg

Aug 29, 2008
Belo Horizonte
I do it for Polish users, but its not that easy as you think

motorola make a blur "rom" only with es and en lang.
In all aplication ( system, framework, phone, camera , browser and rest ) there a file with lang.
And when you decompile someone (by using apktool) you will find a files with
only with EN and ES and its no possibility to add other lang there.

it is not a simple one 8mb file with all words what is includet in rom

for example to translate only Settings you must translate 1875 lines of text

download this file and look
http://speedy.sh/syNPC/strings.xml (file with EN lang. from motoblur d3 rom)

and now all others apk have that same strings.xml files with other text to translate to your lang.

ps. if some polish or ES (because ES lang is also in this rom) people intrested you make dowlnoad D3 custom rom with PL / ES lang from below link

http://forum.android.com.pl/f426/mi...3-wersja-0-9-do-pobrania-18-07-2012-a-158868/

That's strange... How my STOCK ROM of Motorola XT860 have English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Portuguese Brazil?
And I don't mind to translate, but your info seems wrong to me. MIUI and CyanogemMOD for Defy have ALL languages, and those roms is only in China/United States.

niko99

May 15, 2008
Stock rom for XT860 have that lang make by motorola. I spoke about XT862

MIUI is created on CM7 (CM7 is not a ROM based on motorola orginal software 890 / 905 / 906 etc)

But all customs rom for D3 (without ICS roms) is created on stock motorola rom and this is a problem, btw on translating CM7 works a lot of people.

Last edited:

niko99

May 15, 2008
The best way on start is pull out Settings.apk from system/app folder
Decompile it with APKTOOL, and find in decompiled apk open and translate to your lang. below file

settings/res/values/strings.xml

Also you make download CM7 and pull out that same Settings.apk and also decompile and find there strings.xml with your Lang. and do a COPY / PASTE

But you can't replace strings.xml with your lang. from CM7 with this one from motoblur or other rom created on motoblur becuse this files do not have identical content, so you must copy line by line.

When you done again you must use a APKTOOL to Compile a new Settings.apk

ps. pull out your Settings.apk file and host it somewhere and give me link, also tell me what lang you need i make try to do it for you.

Last edited:

niko99

May 15, 2008
Hello ! :D

This is a lang pack mod for this people who use a official motorola soft ver XT862 5.7.906 and for all ROM based on this verion,

Now if you install a more locale 2 from market you make have all app with lang. as you need but ... menu in phone was possible only in EN or ES.

But now if you change your system / app / Settings.apk this this from link your menu also will be changed
download link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/we3288x0hg623c9/Settings.apk

how to install ?

1. go to your system/app folder
2. rename your old settings.apk file to settings.apk.bak
3. pase a new one settings.apk and set a permission like on picture

permissionm.jpg

4. download from market more locale 2 and choose your lang. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3JlbG9jYWxlIl0.

ps. file contains language - ES, EN, AF, AM, CA, BG, HU, CS, DE, FI, FA, IT, JA, IW, KO, FR, NL, PT, RU, SK , SL, TH, VI, TR, ZH,

best regards :)

boazal

Dec 19, 2011
OnePlus 9
Hello ! :D

This is a lang pack mod for this people who use a official motorola soft ver XT862 5.7.906 and for all ROM based on this verion,

Now if you install a more locale 2 from market you make have all app with lang. as you need but ... menu in phone was possible only in EN or ES.

But now if you change your system / app / Settings.apk this this from link your menu also will be changed
download link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/we3288x0hg623c9/Settings.apk

how to install ?

1. go to your system/app folder
2. rename your old settings.apk file to settings.apk.bak
3. pase a new one settings.apk and set a permission like on picture

permissionm.jpg

4. download from market more locale 2 and choose your lang. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3JlbG9jYWxlIl0.

ps. file contains language - ES, EN, AF, AM, CA, BG, HU, CS, DE, FI, FA, IT, JA, IW, KO, FR, NL, PT, RU, SK , SL, TH, VI, TR, ZH,

best regards :)

after install i can't access my settings?!, (pressing "settings" but nothing happens).......

niko99

May 15, 2008
Do you use software 5.7.906 ? and did you remember about permissions ?

and one more thing you have deodexed system ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best regards.