[Kernel][2.2][1.3ghz]DragonMODz Nightly#3(Smartass/Scary/)[8/26/2011][1:40pm]

1,241 posts
Thanks Meter: 423

By ECOTOX, Senior Member on 25th April 2011, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

ROM THREAD HERE
----------------------
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1248861

(Helps to Fund My Game Company (we REALLY need it), get new devices, and help me get more dropbox space, etc. =] )

( * means its been completed and is in the kernel)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25791676/DMz_Changelog.txt

---------------------------------------------------------

1. What about SETCPU?
What about it? You can use w/e cpu OC tool you want

2.Where can I find out whats all in this Kernel?
Click on the link under CHANGELOG, I will update it with every change as they are completed

3.Why dont I get #### in Quadrant?
Quadrant is dated and is easily changed based on I/O and RAM. Use a better Benchmark like Nenamark, Smartbench2011, or Antutu Benchmark.

4.Can I use this is XYZ ROM?
OF COURSE! =} just credit me

5.Where can I get the latest news on anything your Doing?
my Twitter, link in the Sig

6. Will DragonMODz be for anything other then Tmobile GalaxyS/Samsung phones?
If someone else wants to do it sure =P I'm only one guy

Screen off Profiles are not needed or recommended on this kernel (its got it handled =P)

---------------------------------------
Morfic for Help and answering questions
laststufo for posting his sources (very helpful even though not for vibrant, just for ref.)
cmenard for TONS of question answering (I havent done much kernel work =3)
Supercurio for Voodoo (and great Documentation)
hardcore (his tweaks)
and anyone else I forgot
-------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
https://github.com/ECOTOX

if you want just the patches

https://github.com/ECOTOX/DragonMOD_KernelPatch_Files
------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIGHTLY

KERNEL
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25791676/DMzKernel_Nightly3.zip

The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to ECOTOX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ECOTOX Ad-Free

25th April 2011, 03:04 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Just so people know, this kernel will stay @ 800mhz or less most of the time, you have to actually put load on the cpu for it to clock up (benchs, gaming,etc)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ECOTOX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ECOTOX Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 05:02 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm going to try flashing this as soon as I disable voodoo. I'm running trigger 3.0.1 so it's a 2.2 kb5 based ROM. A couple of questions... Will there be a voodoo enabled version of this once it's been tested? What would you need from testers?
The Following User Says Thank You to wu_wei_lion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wu_wei_lion Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 05:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Lock up during boot with Trigger. I even odined back to stock, reinstalled trigger and flashed your kernel on top before reboot and got the same result. Any suggestions? What ROM are you using?
The Following User Says Thank You to wu_wei_lion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wu_wei_lion Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 06:43 PM |#5  
Flag Over here
Thanks Meter: 407

Donate to Me
More
Just flashed now - running at 1.4ghz w/ setcpu set to conservative with a screen off profile @ 800 max conservative. Ran Quadrant - only getting 1150 (I know, Quadrant isn't a perfect benchmark), I'll report back with more. I will say the browser was loading up pretty fast though.

Edit - First Nenamark run @ 41fps
The Following User Says Thank You to glensta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glensta Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 07:00 PM |#6  
Flag Patroit's Place, MA
Thanks Meter: 814

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion

Lock up during boot with Trigger. I even odined back to stock, reinstalled trigger and flashed your kernel on top before reboot and got the same result. Any suggestions? What ROM are you using?

You flashed trigger, then the kernel while still in recovery? You shouldn't flash the kernel right away, let trigger boot up and sit, then flash the kernel. Might be your problem.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan_Brutal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dan_Brutal Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 07:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
will this kernel work on 2.2.1? if so i will test
The Following User Says Thank You to blackoakx22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blackoakx22 Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 07:11 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
1. Yes there will b a voodoo version with bln,etc and a beta or two more for when I add a few new features

2. I'm running a beta of my DragonMOD rom I'm working on

3. All I need from u guys is what speed u end up stable @, u can run games, benchs, etc. to determine stability. I can only reach 1.3, I had to set a profile in setcpu that puts it @ 1ghz on boot then clock up from there till freezing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECOTOX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ECOTOX Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 07:13 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
I have only tested on 2.2, 2.2.1 will probably have issues. If u run 2.2.1 & it didn't work then that might b the problem and ill need to add support for 2.2.1

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECOTOX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ECOTOX Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 08:08 PM |#10  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,302

Donate to Me
More
Thanks man going to flash this on Toxic Firefly & Toxic Black Ice and see what happens. I'll report back my results!
25th April 2011, 08:41 PM |#11  
might want to change the name of this project. Not sure how ttabball feels about you jacking the name of his well known project for your own. Plus people are more than likely to get confused.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)