[ROM] Nero Beta 3 - I Can't Believe Its Not Gingerbread *12/12/10*

1,609 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,438

By sombionix, Retired Forum Mod on 7th November 2010, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th November 2010, 12:13 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This is the post that sounded fishy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=135

Is this poster not talking about modified kernel source?

9th November 2010, 12:14 AM |#1012  
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loogielv

is anyone else curious how this equals 10 characters and let him post?

7 text characters + 3 hard returns =10
9th November 2010, 12:14 AM |#1013  
OP Retired Forum Mod
Flag Salt Lake City, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimnl

ok, so now that THAT is over with...I'll ask again. Is there a way to fix the SD mount problem within recovery on obsidian v1? I want to nandroid before flashing v2 and I cannot do that because of the bug. thanks.

There is a file located in the /bin directory.

/bin/sombionixInit

Pull that out, reboot, then try it. Also, so you know, mounting never worked within recovery, its a clockwork issue, not rom related.
9th November 2010, 12:15 AM |#1014  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombionix

I can't, I've tested it. I even had designgears test it. No problems at all.

yea thats what I thought its sad cuz its very crucial to me and it seems some others also had the same problem. ( and others who have been using macnut..) mentioned same problem but eugene could not reproduce it .. he thinks it might be some batch of vibrants that have that problem with Froyo ROMS, maybe i ll try the stock ODIN 2.2 that eugene posted but i doubt it will work since your rom is very close to it anyway
9th November 2010, 12:15 AM |#1015  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 147

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsie99

love the stock launcher, but I must be half baked, I cant figure out how to change the shortcuts!

It's like a mix between adw and the stock launcher. You can remove the icons on the bar at the bottom just like you would on the screen, then you can drag another icon there.

I really don't see why you wouldn't just use ADW but hey good to have choices I guess. Except I have no wi-fi calling anymore
9th November 2010, 12:16 AM |#1016  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I can't load the new V2, tried Rom Manager Clockwork, didn't work can't get past the recovery screen. Clicked on reinstall packages 4,5 times can't get into clockwork recovery. Tried reinstalling rom manager, no good. Even tried a factory reset.. still no good.

Anybody know a way to load the new V2? if so, please explain in detail.

Thanks in advance.
9th November 2010, 12:16 AM |#1017  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombionix

There is a file located in the /bin directory.

/bin/sombionixInit

Pull that out, reboot, then try it. Also, so you know, mounting never worked within recovery, its a clockwork issue, not rom related.

thanks, trying now. as for not rom related, then why did I not have this problem until installing v1? also, i thought a few pages back you said it was a typo in a script that you fixed in v2?

edit: just to make sure we are clear, my problem is that I cannot mount my SD to flash zips or nandroid from within CW. but, I CAN get to CW recovery
9th November 2010, 12:16 AM |#1018  
Flag Tampa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsie99

love the stock launcher, but I must be half baked, I cant figure out how to change the shortcuts!

Long press.
9th November 2010, 12:18 AM |#1019  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnZ

It's like a mix between adw and the stock launcher. You can remove the icons on the bar at the bottom just like you would on the screen, then you can drag another icon there.

I really don't see why you wouldn't just use ADW but hey good to have choices I guess. Except I have no wi-fi calling anymore

Well what is the benefit of Wifi calling? According to what I understood it still used your minutes, am I still half baked?
9th November 2010, 12:18 AM |#1020  
OP Retired Forum Mod
Flag Salt Lake City, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsynkral

This is the post that sounded fishy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=135

Is this poster not talking about modified kernel source?

That is referring to voodoo and has nothing to do with he current 2.2 kernel in this rom. Once again, WE DO NOT HAVE THE SOURCE CODE FOR THIS KERNEL, IT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED. End of story.
9th November 2010, 12:19 AM |#1021  
Flag Tampa

More
Go into rom manager and click on 'flash clockwork recovery'

Then reboot into recovery.

Click reinstall packages.

Boom. Should be all set.

Edit-
Oops, meant to quote the guy having issues with clockwork.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alice cooper kewl, gives my phone wings, http://bit.ly/fqf3pz, i'm gr8tful-thanks somb!, im wet, jack daniel's, makes my kooter.wet, mmm bacon cookies mmm, old no. 7, pinoy ako!, super io kernel = win!!, vibrant rom, worth reading all posts

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)