How-to cook ROM for HTC Wizard!

Search This thread

amitagrawal

Apr 16, 2005
i am a programmer and i want to start cooking and fixing things myself using visual studio... i have read how to cook roms but nowhere it says how I can get the build running on emulators and start fixing errors in the code ??? how can i do that?

thanks

lapy

Mar 27, 2008
Bari
i am a programmer and i want to start cooking and fixing things myself using visual studio... i have read how to cook roms but nowhere it says how I can get the build running on emulators and start fixing errors in the code ??? how can i do that?

thanks

here you can find SYS and XIP build to get latest XIP and SYS just google it and port it for Wizard...

amitagrawal

Apr 16, 2005
here you can find SYS and XIP build to get latest XIP and SYS just google it and port it for Wizard...

thanks now I have the Win 6.5 21202 Sys build but still dont understand how to hook it to Visual Studio and get it working on the emulator.. what is XIP... ? would be nice to have some more info on howto

thanks

lapy

Mar 27, 2008
Bari
thanks now I have the Win 6.5 21202 Sys build but still dont understand how to hook it to Visual Studio and get it working on the emulator.. what is XIP... ? would be nice to have some more info on howto

thanks

the XIP is the kernel of windows mobile with all his modules and must be the same build (or greater) than the SYS which contains all the base system software of the OS...to get it working with Visual Studio i think you have to cook a ROM converting it in a *.bin or *.nb0 file and run it with the emulator... i tried to do that without results so i gave up. The only way is testing it on an actual device.

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore

thanks

the XIP is the kernel of windows mobile with all his modules and must be the same build (or greater) than the SYS which contains all the base system software of the OS...to get it working with Visual Studio i think you have to cook a ROM converting it in a *.bin or *.nb0 file and run it with the emulator... i tried to do that without results so i gave up. The only way is testing it on an actual device.

Guys i have been trying tht for years and i guess thts not possible :( i never got it running tht way :p

salooo

Jul 7, 2008
islamabad
i am flashing your new rom...... actually i dont like honey comb..whatever..hehehe..:D
initializing error...exceptional

papadeeh

Oct 11, 2007
Hello. Is there also a wm6.5 kitchen available? I can't seem to find one.

XDA2_haseeb, are you willing to upload yours as you also uploaded the wm6.1 ones?

Thanks.

lapy

Mar 27, 2008
Bari
CrBuilder is good for wm6.5 too...you have to find XIP and SYS yourself for now...

papadeeh

Oct 11, 2007
Maybe then you can show me the direction to search in? It seems the roms here all have security for the xip to be dumped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, i had requests to teach how-to cook successfully ROMs for the HTC Wizard, so i decided to start this thread and tell you guys how to cook using Video Tutorials :)

INDEX​

POST#2 Basic Terms
    POST#3 Basic Things
    POST#4 Cooking using Cornelha’s Kitchen
    POST#5 Cooking using CRBuilder
    POST#6 Porting ROMs (Coming Soon...)
    POST#7 Extras (OEM Packs, Ported SYS and XIPs, etc.) (Coming Soon)

NOTE: I would keep on editing this thread as i remember of more things.... Cooking is a large complicated process :)