Instagram on Android- Picture Quality ***Fixed in 4.1 and alternate fix on page 7***

Search This thread

LuvrGirl

Nov 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Does anybody have the apk file for the Resize App? I had purchased it thru google play and I had it on my S4. However, I just switched to the S6 and figured I would find it on google play in my history and just re download it but it's gone :/

Any suggestions? (I've already looked online at several sites and couldn't find anything)

ajua

Nov 5, 2010
Does anybody have the apk file for the Resize App? I had purchased it thru google play and I had it on my S4. However, I just switched to the S6 and figured I would find it on google play in my history and just re download it but it's gone :/

Any suggestions? (I've already looked online at several sites and couldn't find anything)
Try the latest Instagram version. The change to 1080p uploads and the latest improvements made Android uploads a lot better. Maybe not where it needs to be yet but the photos are looking very good now.

Reactions: LuvrGirl

alher591

Sep 26, 2009
Chicago
The last couple of updates have shown a litleeee bit of quality in uploaded images (on my HTC One) but it's nieves near uploads from iOS.

I have been using Pixlr Express to edit my photos and it's great it has a resize option before sharing. I resize them now to 640x640.

It's amazing that after all this time and the huge Android base they can't improve their app so we don't have to go through hassles only to preserve some quality on our uploads.

what if instagram new us android users are alot more smarter than iphone users, so they let us figure it out on our own ;)

klownem

Feb 8, 2012
My photo's look better, still not as good as people who upload with iPhone's. I am using a LGG3, G4 & One Plus One

D

Deleted member 7462038

I have tried to post to Instagram from my Sony Xperia Z today and the uploads resulted in 640x640 pictures of pretty low quality. Anyone else has been able to upload 1080x1080 photos from Android successfully?

chelsea212

Dec 15, 2017
i have been having a lot of infidelity issues with my spouse so i decided to hack his phone to confirm my suspicions and thanks to Mr richard pryce he was able to confirm my worst fears...this is my way of showing my gratitude,if you need a reliable and trustworthy hacker contact the amazing Mr richard pryce @ privatesolutionhaker2@gmail.com

whip_it

Sep 29, 2012
Toronto
My android quality is still trash, especially when posting stories

is there not an android phone optimized for his yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I know a lot of you hate on Instagram so please move on.

I was looking at my pictures and found that Instagram was destroying my pictures a little bit in excess of what I would normally find respectable for such a software.

So today I took a picture I shot with my 5DMKII (DSLR) and did the following...

I took my I9300, open instagram, applied no filter and this is what came out:

AndroidInstagram.jpg

Then I used a iPod 4th gen I got today for cheap and did the SAME thing, this is what came out:

iOS_Instagram.jpg

WTF is wrong with the Android app ? Is this a SGSIII issue or is everyone on Android affected. This is really horrible.

This is the same picture using Eyeem : http://www.eyeem.com/thumb/h/682/5555a77bfa5ad9e6b13e91398485d5b6b188f2b0-1347659393
    This is the original picture I used : http://goo.gl/hMun0
    Here is a test I did. The original image is 640x640 so Instagram didn't have to resize it. I posted it with an iPad and my Nexus 5.

ORIGINAL: i.imgur.com/cvM9cUw.jpg
    iOS: i.imgur.com/EBmnCM5.jpg
    ANDROID: i.imgur.com/DRwmpw7.jpg

Sorry I'm unable to link.
    Just in case anybody needed to know the new Image size for IG on Android is 1024x1024

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
    Err is it my eyes? I don't see any differences bro, could you describe it on words?:confused:

Sent from my LG-P940

Try the latest Instagram version. The change to 1080p uploads and the latest improvements made Android uploads a lot better. Maybe not where it needs to be yet but the photos are looking very good now.