Stuck ..

Search This thread

DoodleRay

May 13, 2012
Brooklyn, New York (:
I'm using odin3 v1.85 trying to root my phone through the PDA/hercules .. Once i hit the start button it stays stuck on SetupConnection ..

I'm using a t-mobile Samsung Galaxy S II SGH T989 on 2.3.6 gingerbread. Also running on windows 7 .. I tried run as admin also .. Can anybody help me please? I want to root my phone because my batter does not last more then 6-7 hours each day ..

Using this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514434 ; I basically tried every method there is .. Even the Super One Click/Zerg Rush/Odin

Last edited:

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I'm using odin3 v1.85 trying to root my phone through the PDA/hercules .. Once i hit the start button it stays stuck on SetupConnection ..

I'm using a t-mobile Samsung Galaxy S II SGH T989 on 2.3.6 gingerbread. Also running on windows 7 .. I tried run as admin also .. Can anybody help me please? I want to root my phone because my batter does not last more then 6-7 hours each day ..

Unplug it
Shut down Odin
Restart comp
Run Odin as admin
Make sure task manager isn't using anything else
Pull battery
Put battery back in
Put in dl mode
Make sure repartition isn't checked
put tar in pda
Start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

DoodleRay

May 13, 2012
Brooklyn, New York (:
I've been trying to root my phone for about a week now .. and it's not working at all .. i basically tried all the methods out there .. -_-; None of them seem to work for me .

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I've been trying to root my phone for about a week now .. and it's not working at all .. i basically tried all the methods out there .. -_-; None of them seem to work for me .

You're doing something wrong. I don't know exactly what, but this is a very simple process. Is the phone even in dl mode, or what?

hucesar1017

Sep 3, 2010
New Mexico
Let me see if I can help!
After you put your phone into download mode and then plug it into the pc is Odin already running?
And once its plugged in do you at least see it in COMM?
Also are you flashing the recovery first or are you trying to install the root through odin?
Have you already got cwm recovery on the phone?

DoodleRay

May 13, 2012
Brooklyn, New York (:
Let me see if I can help!
After you put your phone into download mode and then plug it into the pc is Odin already running?
And once its plugged in do you at least see it in COMM?
Also are you flashing the recovery first or are you trying to install the root through odin?
Have you already got cwm recovery on the phone?

I put it to download mode and i tried both ways.. having it running before download mode or after. Yes i do see the COMM and i'm trying to root through odin.

How do i check if i got cwm recovery on the phone?

iLeopard

Dec 12, 2011
College Station
Does your computer even recognize your device? I had an issue with mine where the USB port crapped out and I had to get a warranty replacement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeahhhh.. I know ; So what else can i try to do? I've been trying to root my phone for the past 2-3 weeks .. -_-

Send me your phone I'll root it for you lol :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    When I talked to him he said Odin ran through successfully and completed the flash, it auto rebooted like it should, but nothing changed.

Cwm flashes run and complete fine, but also have no effect. He is always left with the same thing he had before.

I would like to get my hands on that phone and do it myself. weirdest **** I ever heard.

No xcrazydx your mistaken for phenom43's broke phone thread who couldnt flash anything over juggs... This thread here from DoodleRay he cant get his phone rooted period.

Doodle i would suggest you uninstall all your drivers and restart your pc and then reinstall them cause it sounds like a drivers issue and if that dont work find someone who can do it for you.
    Okay, i finally rooted my phone .. So what do i do now.. I got like superuser and everything. Does that mean my battery will last longer now?

Yes.. please update on how you solved your 1 month long problem lol....

I am going to ignore your last sentence because it sounds like you should not have tried rooting your phone in the first place because you don't know what it is even for...

BTW NANDROID is the first option.