LG optimus L9 Cases & Screen shield P769

Search This thread

raffstyle

Jul 25, 2009
Gotham
Whats good ya'll?

I want to know what kind of case everyone here using for their LG L9 P769. where & how much you paid for it? did you like it?

Im waiting for the case and screen protector i purchased on ebay, it should be here this week. I will post pictures and short review as soon i received it.

Thanks!

MisterVik

Feb 17, 2012
Barcelona
Whats good ya'll?

I want to know what kind of case everyone here using for their LG L9 P769. where & how much you paid for it? did you like it?

Im waiting for the case and screen protector i purchased on ebay, it should be here this week. I will post pictures and short review as soon i received it.

Thanks!

I just bought a black tpu case and a screen protector for 3,18 €, shipment included.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2012
I bought XtremeGuard protectors when they were 70% off (I got 2 of them @ $1.50/each). They are pretty good, and the same material as ArmorGuard and InvisiShield. If you are looking for low price, I would recommend them, but they do not cover underneath the center button (they have U-shaped cutouts, rather than holes). Good enough until I can get the InvisiShield on sale. I do like the feel and protection provided by the wet-apply protectors.

I also got "Black Candy Skin TPU Gel Case Cover For LG Optimus L9 P769 (T-Mobile)" from Amazon (was $1.29 + 2.94 S/H). The case is slim, and slips off easy enough, as well as slick enough to not get stuck in my pocket or pick up dirt. They do cover the buttons with indents in the thermo-poly-urethane. The volume buttons work pretty well, but the power button is a little harder to use. It works for now until they develop nicer cases for the phone.

raffstyle

Jul 25, 2009
Gotham
I got the Case today, I got this on ebay for $9.50 with free shipping and its called P769 3 in 1 Travelers hard case holster. there are 2 color available white and black with a rubberize finish on it, i got the white one for now.

I really like this case, at first i was thinking of not using the Holster because I just want a 1 piece hard back cover for the P769. but this case and holster works really well together so im going to use both. the holster can be also a landscape/portrait stand for the phone. the case slide to the holster smoothly both in and out and feel secured when they are attached together.

Pro:
Fits very well
Ports are well cut
Feels great to hold
Good build Quality
Good price
3in1

Cons
rubber Finish might chip soon
No other color
Holster clip is not that strong

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 1,426
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 1,351
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,123
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 1,083
Last edited:

kevev

May 22, 2006
Nice!

Do you have a picture of the clip?

Does the phone slide out or snap out?

p.s. This thread needs to be moved under accessories sub-forum.

raffstyle

Jul 25, 2009
Gotham
I got the EZguard Screen protector for $4 (4pcs) on ebay and its 100% GARBAGE!!!

The screen protector is already scratch up out of the envelope, installing instruction is somewhat not clear... I read somewhere that it supposed to be wet install but still its pure garbage i tried it. i still got 2 out of 4 screen protector.. well its $4 cant complain anymore.

Im going to get the Skinomi or IQ LIQuidskin on amazon later. they got good reviews so i think that should work.

raffstyle

Jul 25, 2009
Gotham
Nice!

Do you have a picture of the clip?

Does the phone slide out or snap out?

p.s. This thread needs to be moved under accessories sub-forum.

Here the clip picture and how it turns into a stand.
The phone slides out.

Looks cool, what is that launcher you are using? or is it rooted

Im not rooted. im using Launcher 8 skin from play store, i also add battery solo widget.:good:

Attachments

• IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 726
May 26, 2012
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Does the clip come off of the holster side?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

mitraark

Apr 8, 2012
Kolkata-Durgapur
I got a Black Leather case ( Made in Korea ) free with my Optimus L9 P765 ( Rs 18,000 from Kolkata )

No screen protector available in local stores yet, will check next month.

DatNexus

Jan 25, 2013
Does this case work well? Anyone here tried it?
Optimus-T-Mobile-Hybrid-Black-Shape/dp/B00ASSP0V8/ref=pd_sim_cps_4
Paste that after amazon.com/, because XDA won't let me post links.
Also,the only screen protectors I see on Amazon are the EZtrash screen protectors. I have heard these are awful. Are there others that work better, or is it just a matter of waiting?

May 26, 2012

I have this case. It does work well. The "kick stand" will prop the phone up in both landscape and portrait orientations.

The case does add a little bulk. It has a silicon/rubber soft layer that goes around the phone and a hard shell that wraps around that. Should provide good protection.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

NO... maybe if you want the clip off it will be for good. yet there will be a teeth gear like circle on the holster. (that gear is for stopping the holster to change your preferred orientation)

Since this case was close to what I wanted: A "clam shell" case for the phone to put in my pocket, I went ahead and bought it in black.

The clip came off very easily. Too, easily. I'd be afraid to let my phone dangle from my belt with that clip.

Anyway, as you pointed out, there was a "gear like circle" protruding from the case after the clip was taken off. I carefully removed it and made it flush with rest of the plastic with a dremel tool. I doesn't look too bad. :eek:

Reactions: DatNexus

Prof24

Oct 3, 2012
Bought this universal case with elastic edges for $14.99 from Target. Magnetic front clasp. Phone fits snugly, very comfortable to hold or wear in pocket-feels secure (feels cumbersome on belt). Added screen saver for L9 from T-Mobile for additional $16 (believe). Screen protector was well worth it to cut fingerprint grease.

Attachments

• CAM00023.jpg
    CAM00023.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 365
  • CAM00024.jpg
    CAM00024.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 335
  • CAM00025.jpg
    CAM00025.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 344

ssskom

Nov 20, 2012
bought 2 of these phones for my parents and was looking around for good quality cases. Just thought I'd share my findings :

1) For my mom : Tech21 White snap case for LG optimus L9 P769 (refer to T-Mobile Website, shows middle camera hole) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151027412771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2) For my dad : Body Glove case with stand (reviews in amazon are excellent)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150992696200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The two companies also have several other cases available for P769 (middle camera hole version), just lookup Tech21 or Body Glove Optimus L9 case..hope that helps for members looking to find quality case for this *mid-range-and-obscure* phone. Phone's arriving tomorrow! Cant wait.

Cheers!

Reactions: Fam Money

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before (It didn't even show in search) so I made another... Mods, feel free to close my thread.
Anyway... Here's mine

IllumiShield 3 pack screen protectors - $7.65
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380614141569

My review: EXTREMELY well cut. Edge to edge protection done proper. Very easy to install. And they are actually antibubble.
Highly recommended. Ordered on a Monday, got them today (Thursday) - Ships from California

Future Armor Ballistic Case - $12.95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281090273071?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

My review: VERY nice. Feels nice in the hands. Only adds about 1/8th inch all the way around. The seller is also very easy to work with. I had an issue with the case (rubber coating wasn't correct in one spot) and she immediately shipped a replacement.
Again, Highly recommended. Ordered on a Friday, got it on the following Monday - Ships from New York

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
I got the EZguard Screen protector for $4 (4pcs) on ebay and its 100% GARBAGE!!!

The screen protector is already scratch up out of the envelope, installing instruction is somewhat not clear... I read somewhere that it supposed to be wet install but still its pure garbage i tried it. i still got 2 out of 4 screen protector.. well its $4 cant complain anymore.

Im going to get the Skinomi or IQ LIQuidskin on amazon later. they got good reviews so i think that should work.

I too ordered these first... And also had the exact same issues you do/did. Needless to say, I sent them this email (coped word for word) and was refunded. Then I order what's in my previous post above this one, and they are wonderful! Here's the email"

After receiving 6 of these screen protectors, I must say, they suck. I was expecting to keep a few as backups later on, but no... This item is so ****ily made that I used 5 of them to even get it close. I threw the 6th in the trash, because that's about the only thing it is good for. I have never had issues installing a screen protector. Its normally pretty straight forward and easy. Not this product. The moment the backing is pulled off, the static cling attracts every dust particle in the known universe before you can even line the damn thing up. Even after lining it up...FIVE TIMES, the things still weren't cut correctly. But, I guess you get what you pay for, so my bad.

kevev

May 22, 2006
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before (It didn't even show in search) so I made another... Mods, feel free to close my thread.
Anyway... Here's mine

My review: EXTREMELY well cut. Edge to edge protection done proper. Very easy to install. And they are actually antibubble.
Highly recommended. Ordered on a Monday, got them today (Thursday) - Ships from California

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281090273071?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

My review: VERY nice. Feels nice in the hands. Only adds about 1/8th inch all the way around. The seller is also very easy to work with. I had an issue with the case (rubber coating wasn't correct in one spot) and she immediately shipped a replacement.
Again, Highly recommended. Ordered on a Friday, got it on the following Monday - Ships from New York

Image 2......Wireless charging???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyway... Here's mine

I have this case. It does work well. The "kick stand" will prop the phone up in both landscape and portrait orientations.

The case does add a little bulk. It has a silicon/rubber soft layer that goes around the phone and a hard shell that wraps around that. Should provide good protection.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

NO... maybe if you want the clip off it will be for good. yet there will be a teeth gear like circle on the holster. (that gear is for stopping the holster to change your preferred orientation)

Since this case was close to what I wanted: A "clam shell" case for the phone to put in my pocket, I went ahead and bought it in black.

The clip came off very easily. Too, easily. I'd be afraid to let my phone dangle from my belt with that clip.

Anyway, as you pointed out, there was a "gear like circle" protruding from the case after the clip was taken off. I carefully removed it and made it flush with rest of the plastic with a dremel tool. I doesn't look too bad. :eek:
    bought 2 of these phones for my parents and was looking around for good quality cases. Just thought I'd share my findings :

1) For my mom : Tech21 White snap case for LG optimus L9 P769 (refer to T-Mobile Website, shows middle camera hole) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151027412771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2) For my dad : Body Glove case with stand (reviews in amazon are excellent)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150992696200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The two companies also have several other cases available for P769 (middle camera hole version), just lookup Tech21 or Body Glove Optimus L9 case..hope that helps for members looking to find quality case for this *mid-range-and-obscure* phone. Phone's arriving tomorrow! Cant wait.

Cheers!
    Nillkin is willing to manufacture a flip case only if a lot of P769 users are interested.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda premium
    Maybe we can send a group email. Or everyone who is interested can send a separate one. I contacted them with this e-mail address: info@nilkkin.com and spoke to an Erica. If sending make sure you emphasize the P769 model! If not you might just get links to a P750 model. I have also contacted a manufacturer through Alibaba and the representative said she would inform the manufacturer of our model. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda premium