[GUIDE] 220 Elements Safe to Freeze in Titanium Backup 4.4.2 NE6

Search This thread

hristopelov

Dec 17, 2010
Great list but don't freeze wfcservice if you use WiFi Calling.

Also leave My Magazine if you don't want email to crash.

yeah i guess not safe to freeze:

- My Magazine
- MTP
- wfcservice

My email never crashed, i dont connect my phone to PC for file transfer and do not use WiFi calling so i never had any FCs..

will make a list of what NOT to disable in the original post or if i have time fix the screenshots without those elements.

elracing21

Apr 11, 2009
Bronx
This was great man. I went through all the screen shots. Can you just double check and let us know if you might have missed any? There is one that's doubled and I felt like a big jump was made in alphabetical order in some parts.

Also I'm curious, do you know what each thing you have frozen does or what it's responsible for? A lot of it is self explanatory but some of it I can't tell. I used my brain a bit and froze the stuff I knew I wouldn't use and some of the stuff that just sounded unimportant but other stuff I left just out of paranoia.

Thanks for this list though. I subbed to this thread and will come here after every flash.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Trackfiends

Nov 2, 2013
I froze majority of the things on this list (some were not there most likeky due to me being on a different rom), but i did not see a ram drop like yours.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ
If you want to get crazy you can get Android Tuner or System Tuner and use the Freeze in it, but they added a "Crystallize" setting which works like Greenify, but supposedly uses less overhead. So the Crystallize will still allow the apps to run when needed, but they will be forced to unload from memory and running in the background. Just another option out there or you can just use Greenify as well.

Chris

Reactions: jazzmachine

XBOHDPuKC

Sep 9, 2007
Calendar storage and Google Calendar Sync should not be frozen if you use Google Calendar, Google Contact Sync shouldn't be frozen if storing your contacts with Google.

Just saying - some people might take this list literally and the majority of apps on the list can be frozen with little to no effect, but I presume a lot of android users are using Google services (gmail, calendar, contacts) extensively, so I would make a note against these specific ones :)

But thanks for the list - very helpful, and validated my own guess about which apps are safe to freeze.

jazzmachine

Jan 9, 2013
Chicago
What do I unfreeze to get multi window working? Thanks.

Did you freeze com.sec.android.app.FlashbarService? If so, defrost that first... there may be other dependencies that need to be active but I'm not exactly sure what they are. If FlashBar service is active (but possibly crashing or something), as an "almost last resort", you may want to defrost everything (which would hopefully restore multi window) then go through and re-frost rather slowly until you notice the problem has started again, then you can pinpoint which other element is the problem (lot's of fun, I know!). Or if flashbarservice is active but crashing, I would try to catch it in a log, and you may be able to tell what it's missing but needs from that. Hope it's an easy fix!

Reactions: dragonsamus

dragonsamus

Did you freeze com.sec.android.app.FlashbarService? If so, defrost that first... there may be other dependencies that need to be active but I'm not exactly sure what they are. If FlashBar service is active (but possibly crashing or something), as an "almost last resort", you may want to defrost everything (which would hopefully restore multi window) then go through and re-frost rather slowly until you notice the problem has started again, then you can pinpoint which other element is the problem (lot's of fun, I know!). Or if flashbarservice is active but crashing, I would try to catch it in a log, and you may be able to tell what it's missing but needs from that. Hope it's an easy fix!

Thanks!! That was it. Unfroze it and multi window works again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root and "Titanium Backup" are needed to disable most of those.

This is how i run my Note on Stock ROM, those are the things i do not use, frees me like half a GB a RAM, saves battery and makes my phone snappier.

Please dont be dumb, if you use Calculator, dont freeze it... and more important, if you dont have another keyboard app installed, please do not freeze "Samsung Keyboard" lol use common sence please.

Those elements are safe to freeze, do not delete em, is diferend, some things are needed present when phone boots or it might get stuck in bootloop, but you can freeze all that, just leave whatever you use.

If you are just freezing, there is nothing that can be messed up, if you see something isnt working right of the apps you are using, just go and enable it back in TB.

Here is the list, 20 screenshots of the "FROZEN" list in Titanium Backup, "YouTube" is the 220th i didnt want to crop/upload a whole screenshot for just 1 element, i watch youtube on the browser.. dont see any use of the app:

3136a68.jpg

sfv11g.jpg

14mdedj.jpg

2cwpqox.jpg

2rqkpki.jpg

fu5rir.jpg

1zyuc1t.jpg

34nmzw0.jpg

23vjpyp.jpg

dmfxus.jpg

9qgswk.jpg

11ah4za.jpg

2w3ns08.jpg

347hg60.jpg

8wdq2b.jpg

spgbxg.jpg

spgbxg.jpg

23s7yw8.jpg

eb4gsz.jpg

2yvmn8o.jpg
    This is how my RAM looks right after my phone boots:

nmaq1w.jpg

2GB of free RAM ! ask the guys on stock ROM Galaxy S5s how they feel lol, without debloat they are like 1.3GB / 1.8GB
    Great list but don't freeze wfcservice if you use WiFi Calling.

Also leave My Magazine if you don't want email to crash.

yeah i guess not safe to freeze:

- My Magazine
    - MTP
    - wfcservice

My email never crashed, i dont connect my phone to PC for file transfer and do not use WiFi calling so i never had any FCs..

will make a list of what NOT to disable in the original post or if i have time fix the screenshots without those elements.
    How about anything changing my computer not seeing my phone storages?

Edit: found it. MTP something..
    But isn't unused RAM wasted RAM? Or something like that ☺

Only if you have nothing to use it for, like you :)

im showing theres a lot of RAM to be filled with usefull programs you use instead bloatware, as then everything would open much snappier and save battery, or if its filled half way with bloatware already Android will start closing your oldest open apps automaticly when there isnt enough RAM for all apps that are running...

and bloatware aways runs, so itll be the apps you installed to be closed..

Hope you get it ;)

that is extreme Freeze tho, im just showing what CAN be frozen, so people arent afraid to do so when they wan to stop an element..