[PORT] [JB] [Galaxy Nexus] Stock JRO03E

Search This thread

supernewbdev

May 31, 2012
Portland
Hi all! This is my first attempt at a rom, so there are definetly going to be bugs.
This rom was ported from the galaxy nexus stock rom
Ill just post the bugs im aware of, and add to the list when people post them.
Bugs:
All bugs in 7/22 cm10 build for infuse 4g
USB mounting isnt working at all
Maybe debugging too
use power control app for widget toggles
First boot will give tts error, just ignore

Flash instructions:
Must be on ICS ROM!
Wipe data/cache
Wipe davlik-cache
Install zip from sdcard
Reboot

Please post any feed back, and again this is my first rom so thanks for trying it out!

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?88sb0g4x6umc766

•Scott, Nun, Yuma, JT, Araemo, PoX, Entropy, and everyone else who helped create the cm10 rom I used to port from
•Elitemovil for the gnex rom
•iall5star for porting it to galaxy s
•mg2915 for his tutorial on how to port roms

Last edited:

raghul

Apr 11, 2010
Mumbai
www.hel2.com
okay quick question..... has anyone tried this yet??

if so please post your experience here :)

no i won try it myself... i have too much customization made to just flash another rom for now :)

benbos_06

Jul 4, 2012
No it does not have project butter I'm unaware of what that is, but if you know where to point me to I can try and make a version with that included

Sent from my jelly bean infused infuse

If you just Google "Project Butter", you'll find a ton of links about it. They will prob do a better job explaining than I will but I can try.

From what I understand, project butter was one of the major changes Google made from ics to jb. It is meant to make the phone quicker and more responsive by making some tweaks to GPU rendering I think and some other things. The team that released Cm10 for the infuse tried to include the code but it caused stability issues on our phone. It did make the phone seem "snappier" but it would randomly freeze so they had to remove the code.

I'm sure there is a lot better information to b found on the web.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

benbos_06

Jul 4, 2012
okay quick question..... has anyone tried this yet??

if so please post your experience here :)

no i won try it myself... i have too much customization made to just flash another rom for now :)

I just tried to flash it a couple times but couldn't get past the Samsung Logo. I tried once straight from CM10 and then once after first flashing an ics rom to get blue ics recovery.

Could just b user error but I used the same method as I always do. Full wipes then install. Maybe it was a bad download. I didn't do a MD5 check.

supernewbdev

May 31, 2012
Portland
I just tried to flash it a couple times but couldn't get past the Samsung Logo. I tried once straight from CM10 and then once after first flashing an ics rom to get blue ics recovery.

Could just b user error but I used the same method as I always do. Full wipes then install. Maybe it was a bad download. I didn't do a MD5 check.

You're right, I had posted the wrong file for download. Please use the updated link!

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

scott.hart.bti

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2012
Reading
Just food for thought... CM10 is still in the early development stages.. Its probably a bad idea to start "porting" other ROMs since the actual files that are MEANT for our phone are still being worked on. For project butter, it involves updating the PVR drivers. JT had ported the code over from the crespo kernel to update the PVR drivers, but something seemed to conflict with it as it had random freeze ups. The reason this hasnt been fixed yet, is it is a HUGE change.. Literally hundreds of lines of kernel codes are changed/removed/added so its not a simply thing to pinpoint. Entropy is taking a look this weekend as he found some things to be a mess.

Also, you might want to give some credit in your OP... ALOT of people including myself worked incredibly hard to bring CM10 to the infuse, so its the least you could do for using it as your base.

Last edited:

Yuma75

Feb 8, 2012
First off, congrats on getting the port to work, but I have to agree with pretty much everything Scott said. Unfortunately what you mention trying to accomplish is going to take more than just zipping a few files over the top of an existing ROM.

As a good rule of thumb it is always advisable to get permission from the original source if you are going to use it in your build, and from the sounds of Scott's post this hasn't happened. We all like new things and all are trying to improve or phone experience, but it is important to be respectful of the time and effort of those that have come before.

Food for thought as you continue your endeavors and best of luck to you.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

IAmReflex

Jul 21, 2012
Fort Stewart
Just food for thought... CM10 is still in the early development stages.. Its probably a bad idea to start "porting" other ROMs since the actual files that are MEANT for our phone are still being worked on. For project butter, it involves updating the PVR drivers. JT had ported the code over from the crespo kernel to update the PVR drivers, but something seemed to conflict with it as it had random freeze ups. The reason this hasnt been fixed yet, is it is a HUGE change.. Literally hundreds of lines of kernel codes are changed/removed/added so its not a simply thing to pinpoint. Entropy is taking a look this weekend as he found some things to be a mess.

Also, you might want to give some credit in your OP... ALOT of people including myself worked incredibly hard to bring CM10 to the infuse, so its the least you could do for using it as your base.

A perfect way to put it you two.

First off, congrats on getting the port to work, but I have to agree with pretty much everything Scott said. Unfortunately what you mention trying to accomplish is going to take more than just zipping a few files over the top of an existing ROM.

As a good rule of thumb it is always advisable to get permission from the original source if you are going to use it in your build, and from the sounds of Scott's post this hasn't happened. We all like new things and all are trying to improve or phone experience, but it is important to be respectful of the time and effort of those that have come before.

Reactions: Yuma75

supernewbdev

May 31, 2012
Portland

I apologize, like I said this is my first port/ROM. If you could tell me who to give the proper credits to, I will put then in the OP. And thank you for the information about project butter

supernewbdev

May 31, 2012
Portland

Yes I know that now, I didn't really know that I should get permission for the cm10 too but I did get it for the ROM I ported. Who else worked on the cm10 ROM with you and Scott?

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I apologize, like I said this is my first port/ROM. If you could tell me who to give the proper credits to, I will put then in the OP. And thank you for the information about project butter

Great Job in getting the Port on it's feet!

edit: Apologize for upsetting those that didn't understand me, or for me not being clear...

Last edited:
Reactions: xxxSuperserieSxxx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! This is my first attempt at a rom, so there are definetly going to be bugs.
    This rom was ported from the galaxy nexus stock rom
    Ill just post the bugs im aware of, and add to the list when people post them.
    Bugs:
    All bugs in 7/22 cm10 build for infuse 4g
    USB mounting isnt working at all
    Maybe debugging too
    use power control app for widget toggles
    First boot will give tts error, just ignore

Flash instructions:
    Must be on ICS ROM!
    Wipe data/cache
    Wipe davlik-cache
    Install zip from sdcard
    Reboot

Please post any feed back, and again this is my first rom so thanks for trying it out!

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?88sb0g4x6umc766

•Scott, Nun, Yuma, JT, Araemo, PoX, Entropy, and everyone else who helped create the cm10 rom I used to port from
    •Elitemovil for the gnex rom
    •iall5star for porting it to galaxy s
    •mg2915 for his tutorial on how to port roms

I don't know too much about porting, but I think bigfau has done many of them.

mg2195 has posted this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661272

It maybe helpful.

My thinking is that if you used mg's instruction, then just say so in the op.
    I used this...etc...

If you pulled the source files from the original author and flashed it onto the Infused and it worked right out of the box, then you only need to credit the original authors.
    If you used Hellraiser by Linuxbozo, then say that you used his kernel.
    If you used Scott's cm10 base, then credit him for the base.
    If you compiled the source from cm10 or scott or jt's, then reference the github.
    If you used jt1134's kernel, then say so.

In open source, it's a good idea to say how you did a certain thing or where you got information from. If it came from multiple sources that you put together from google, then you might not really need to say much except that googling got you what you needed.

If you look in my heimdall or kernel threads, you might see how I structured the credits. It is not meant to be complete or comprehensive, but it may serve as a guide.
    There is no harm done. It's all a learning experience. We all have started somewhere.
    The main thing is, when you release a firmware and post up a link, it is generally a good idea to make sure you have flashed it and run it and find it working.
    for example, uploaded to a server. download it and flash it. trouble shoot it if needed. setup installation instructions for others to follow.
    If some one came from froyo, then what? or from gb? or if they get rainbow? if they lost recovery? if they get stuck in boot loop? You can get more info from the other ops to give you an idea how to structure you op.
    If you haven't had enough experience yet to fixing or helping others with these problems, you may want to reconsider putting up a firmware package.
    It does require a bit more than just slapping a bunch of files together and setting up a link.

I don't know too much about porting, but I think bigfau has done many of them.

mg2195 has posted this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661272

It maybe helpful.

My thinking is that if you used mg's instruction, then just say so in the op.
    I used this...etc...

If you pulled the source files from the original author and flashed it onto the Infused and it worked right out of the box, then you only need to credit the original authors.
    If you used Hellraiser by Linuxbozo, then say that you used his kernel.
    If you used Scott's cm10 base, then credit him for the base.
    If you compiled the source from cm10 or scott or jt's, then reference the github.
    If you used jt1134's kernel, then say so.

In open source, it's a good idea to say how you did a certain thing or where you got information from. If it came from multiple sources that you put together from google, then you might not really need to say much except that googling got you what you needed.

If you look in my heimdall or kernel threads, you might see how I structured the credits. It is not meant to be complete or comprehensive, but it may serve as a guide.
    There is no harm done. It's all a learning experience. We all have started somewhere.
    The main thing is, when you release a firmware and post up a link, it is generally a good idea to make sure you have flashed it and run it and find it working.
    for example, uploaded to a server. download it and flash it. trouble shoot it if needed. setup installation instructions for others to follow.
    If some one came from froyo, then what? or from gb? or if they get rainbow? if they lost recovery? if they get stuck in boot loop? You can get more info from the other ops to give you an idea how to structure you op.
    If you haven't had enough experience yet to fixing or helping others with these problems, you may want to reconsider putting up a firmware package.
    It does require a bit more than just slapping a bunch of files together and setting up a link.

+1 sir to get everything organized and give credits to all devs involve.