[Q] HTC PN07120 stuck in bootloop after OTA update

Search This thread

ExPwN

Feb 28, 2014
Hey guys, I have an HTC One that is stuck in a boot loop after an OTA update to 4.4.3. What do I need to do/download to wipe the phone back to factory settings so it will work again?

S-ON, hboot is 1.55, and yes I have tried factory reset in the bootloader menu

Last edited:

hafizimtiaz

Hey guys, I have an HTC One that is stuck in a boot loop after an OTA update to 4.4.3. What do I need to do/download to wipe the phone back to factory settings so it will work again?

S-ON, hboot is 1.55, and yes I have tried factory reset in the bootloader menu

You've got 4.4.3 update in OTA? Are you using Google Edition HTC One?

Bootloop after OTA generally results if your system is somewhat modified (like custom recovery or changed system files) and you forced install the OTA. You can flash stock RUU (exe or zip) and then try OTA again.

ExPwN

Feb 28, 2014
You've got 4.4.3 update in OTA? Are you using Google Edition HTC One?

Bootloop after OTA generally results if your system is somewhat modified (like custom recovery or changed system files) and you forced install the OTA. You can flash stock RUU (exe or zip) and then try OTA again.

I'm not sure what update it was, it's not my phone. The phone WAS completely stock however. I thought I have to have Soff to flash the RUU

After some googling, I found the RUU, but I have to flash hboot 1.44 which I can't do because S-On. The only way to make S-Off is to have the phone working. So this is just a giant brick now, unless there's a way to turn S-Off from fastboot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried flashing an RUU which has the same hboot as yours? I mean, if you try flashing a 4.4.2 RUU exe, what does it say? If exe fails, you can try RUU ZIP. although I am pretty sure that decrypted ZIP flashing requires s-off.