[HOW TO?] Easy way to get almost ALL the lyrics for your songs with S2P !

Search This thread

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi all,

Since A_C published his amazing new Slide2Play version with lyrics support, I wanted to share with you an easy way to get lyrics on almost all songs.
s2p-wip09.png

Here is what you need :
- S2P 1.00 (or more)
- MediaMonkey - Best free mediaplayer ever! You can choose langage site in the up right corner
- Lyricator

(1) Install S2P on your mobile. Install MediaMonkey on your computer.

(2) Install Lyricator, simply clic on it and confirm installation, then start MediaMonkey.

(3) Choose your folder songs, for that "Press Insert". Select it, then make "OK".

(4) Go in the list and select all the songs (CTRL + A).

(5) Go in Tools / Scripts / Lyricator (If needed, accept ActiveX control)

(6) Wait for all the song to get lyrics pre-loaded.

(7) All should be selected and make "Save"

(8) Select ALL songs again. Do "Shift + Enter". Then press "OK". It will save the lyrics to the tag of the file !

(9) Exit Mediamonkey. Select all the song, and copy the songs to your device.

(10) Load S2P (refresh library maybe needed), clic on the topbar, lyrics appear.

Maybe it needs some more steps? Maybe you have bug? Then, let's know it !

Maybe you like it? Then, let's know it too ;)

See ya!

Zepiii

Last edited:

djhellboy

May 19, 2010
Thanks Zepiii!!!!:D:D:D

Really appreciate the contribution...will cehck it out ASAP....keep it up!!!

igorbr1

Mar 25, 2010
it would be very useful if s2p 1.0 were freeware...if you have a link please send a email with that to me...because is against rules post it here...

thx

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
As this needs paid software ,dont think its very useful (i dont think anyone will by S2P just to make this works), however it may be useful for those who already buy/bought S2P.

wingtytn

media monkey doesnt add the lyrics to the song... and does the lyrics on the s2p auto scrolls as the song plays

wouldnt be worth money if it does the same thing as every other lyric player
found it its called synced lyrics and it hasnt been added yet ....

Last edited:

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
Mediamonkey is free. The plugin is free, and both allow you to tag all the songs you are going to put on your mobile. There, S2P will read the lyrics, but NO autoscroll system, anyway for me it's not really a problem personnaly !

You said "all other lyrics player", but on WinMo, it's the only one if I am right ;) !

If on your computer you wish to have autoscroll lyrics, then have a look at "MiniLyrics".

Wolfkmann

Mar 16, 2008
New England
Tried it just as you described. It added lyrics to all my MP3's, but not to any of my wma's. Most of the songs that I play using S2P are in wma format, so How can I get the lyrics to show? I can see almost all the lyrics on my computer with WMP, just not on my phone with S2P.

Last edited:

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
Tried it just as you described. It added lyrics to all my MP3's, but not to any of my wma's. Most of the songs that I play using S2P are in wma format, so How can I get the lyrics to show? I can see almost all the lyrics on my computer with WMP, just not on my phone with S2P.

WMA don't have a tag system if I am right :S So it's not possible... Convert them to MP3, with new programs, it's very easy and fast ;)

knank

Jul 18, 2008
Mediamonkey is free. The plugin is free, and both allow you to tag all the songs you are going to put on your mobile. There, S2P will read the lyrics, but NO autoscroll system, anyway for me it's not really a problem personnaly !

You said "all other lyrics player", but on WinMo, it's the only one if I am right ;) !

If on your computer you wish to have autoscroll lyrics, then have a look at "MiniLyrics".

There's another player that reads lyrics and has autoscroll, it's LCGJukebox http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=lcgjukebox

But i still like more S2P, but i love the auto Scroll i want it on s2p :), and if there is a chance to configure the lyrics for adding timestamp (for karaoke playing con winmo) it would be perfect :).

I've tried Minilyrics for PC, and it works perfect, and the time for lyrics too, it works with the LCGjukebox.

A_C can you add support for timing lyrics on the s2p?

Thanks a lot :)

See you, and thanks A_C for this little-big software ;)

Last edited:

Wolfkmann

Mar 16, 2008
New England
WMA don't have a tag system if I am right :S So it's not possible... Convert them to MP3, with new programs, it's very easy and fast ;)

A_C is fixing this in the next version of S2P, so it will read lyrics from wma files. So instead of converting my entire library, I will wait for the next update. Thanks for your help.

-Wolf

Pecio

Jun 26, 2010
Tried it, and it seems the lyrics was added to my mp3 files, but i can't see them on my phone (omnia i8000)

Obviously the "show lyrics" is on...

igorbr1

Mar 25, 2010
but media monkey goes song by song...not read title and artist and set automaticaly album art...