[Mod] Email.APK(s) without so much exchange security.

Search This thread

thecellx

Aug 23, 2010
Bogota
Darky 8

Do you know if the latest apk you have for version 7.8 is compatible on darky 8? im using your oldest apk (Perception 3 i guess) and it worked fine with all Perception roms and ... well worked on all roms, but i know this apk is old, and probably the newest email.apk file have more options and maybe a different look.

quiksandjesus

Dec 5, 2010
Unfortunately the Rogers one doesn't seem to work. I still need to input the pin everytime and there is no option to change lock screen.

Thanks for everything Fenny. This will solve a huge frustration for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using XDA App

jrstorm1007

Oct 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm now using the Email app from Galaxy Tab, found on SGS tools. No pin/password requirement, looks AWESOME and works well. There are some issues, including the amount of emails you can sync (100 or less) and that is being look into on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=798782
The app looks GREAT and gives me enough of my inbox emails to keep me in the loop for work.

Phoenix 3.0
Cozmic76_Theme (v5)

quiksandjesus

Dec 5, 2010
I'm now using the Email app from Galaxy Tab, found on SGS tools. No pin/password requirement, looks AWESOME and works well. There are some issues, including the amount of emails you can sync (100 or less) and that is being look into on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=798782
The app looks GREAT and gives me enough of my inbox emails to keep me in the loop for work.

Phoenix 3.0
Cozmic76_Theme (v5)

I tried this out and it rocks. Hard. But. The pin requirement still exists. When I was on Darky, Fenny's email apk worked like a charm for me. I am hoping he can either get the Galaxy Tab version or the Rogers 2.2 version working.

Fenny

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2007
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I tried this out and it rocks. Hard. But. The pin requirement still exists. When I was on Darky, Fenny's email apk worked like a charm for me. I am hoping he can either get the Galaxy Tab version or the Rogers 2.2 version working.

Did you remove the Odex file when you replaced the APK?

Also, Updated. Tab Email.apk without exchange security.

Last edited:

quiksandjesus

Dec 5, 2010
I did.

I removed my account.
Set the lock screen to none.
Deleted the file.
Overwrite email.apk
Launched and got a force close.
Rebooted.
Opened email fine
Setup account and it asked for a pin.
Entered pin and now I can't disable it.

quiksandjesus

Dec 5, 2010
Where can I find the updated tab apk?

Edit.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time. Especially yours Fenny.

I just started from scratch with the Rogers 2.2. The only difference was I rebooted twice before really entering my account. All good now.

That. Being said. If I could get my hands on a patched tab version all would be perfect in the world.

Again Fenny. Thank you for putting up with me the past week.

quiksandjesus

Dec 5, 2010
Fenny. You rocked it. Thank you again. I now have both Rogers 2.2 and Tab email without the nagging pin, thanks to you.

xoppaw

Apr 4, 2008
thanks for all the information above, but i am having some trouble. I am running the stock ATT Android 2.1 rom - rooted. i have done all the steps above, but ever time i open the mail app, it force closes. this mod only for 2.2?

also, i had taken a backup of the stock Email.apk and named it Email.apk.old and put it on /sdcard, but when i copy (and rename it back to Email.apk) it back to /system/app and chmod it, it doesn't show up in my applications folder.

any suggestions?

tia

quiksandjesus

Dec 5, 2010
I believe the files in this thread are for 2.2 and 2.2.1 only.

I use 'Root Explorer' for all my app copying needs. It is well worth the cost just to same the headaches like the one you are dealing with now.

You may be able.to find a 2.1 version is these forums. I am currently using my phone to respond and searching via mobile is a bit of a nightmare or I would help you search.

xoppaw

Apr 4, 2008
i think i have found a copy of the original to load on my phone when, but i guess the question would be, is it possible to remove these security options from the 2.1 email.apk?

cyberslug23

Oct 1, 2010
OpenSSL eating battery with "push" exchange

Has anyone else seen a HUGE drop in battery life while set for "push"? If I set for push, my phone lasts maybe 2-3hrs, if I set for every 5, it lasts all day. My sys.out's are full of OpenSSL open/close connections while set for push, but I'm wondering why.... Shouldn't it just open a connection and use it? I could understand re-connects while tower-flipping, or come in and out of wifi range, but not all day everyday. Anyways, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue. My exchange server is 2003, SSL (self-signed), nothing special... On another note, I have yet to run into an email.apk that didn't work (pull mail, contacts, cal, etc..), I'm presuming this is because 2003 exchange doesn't support all the security fun.

quiksandjesus

Dec 5, 2010
Cyberslug23:

I have had none of those issues. My works server is 2003 and they inforce the security that these apk's fix.

On 2.1 it doesn't force you to enter your pin everytime like 2.2. That was the main reason for the hack. I think. If we could get 2.2 to work like 2.1 in the email department it would be great.

cpenticuff

Oct 26, 2009
USA
Please pardon my noobness, I have only been with Android for a couple of weeks now.

I am running the Phoenix 3.0 rom, which .apk should I install?

Edit: Ok, figured it out on my own. I should have tried that first before posting. I installed the JL3, and so far everything is working fine. This was my first excuse to mess with adb, and it makes more sense than I thought it would.

During the install, I was still asked to give my exchange server admin privileges. Would it still be possible for those privileges to be exercised on my phone remotely?

Last edited:

msqrd

Jan 16, 2011
I'm trying to use the Rogers 2.2 Email.apk from the link in the OP (Email.deoxexed.i896.nosecurity.apk). I mounted my /system read-write, renamed the old Email.apk and Email.odex to .bak files, and copied the nosecurity apk in place. I synced and rebooted.

When I start the email app I get a blue bar at the top of the screen and nothing else. It doesn't force-close, but it doesn't load either. I've tried going back to the 2.2 original Email.apk but now this does the same thing.

There's a big difference in file sizes, too. My original Email.apk is 793,104 bytes but the new one from the OP is 1,494,479. I feel like I've messed up somewhere, possibly with a forgotten sync before reboot or something.

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks loads for providing the modified apks.

msqrd

Jan 16, 2011
Oh. Duh. Apparently using the old shortcut on my home screen causes it to screw up. Things look okay now. Thanks again for the modified apk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tired of having to type in a password or PIN into your phone just because your Corporate Email account requires it? I know I am.

This modified Email.apk will allow you to bypass the password, and possibly other exchange security policies, simply because, when it evaluates the policy to see if it is active, it always returns that it is. And so, when it checks to see if your PIN is active, it simply thinks it is, and continues to go about it's business as normal. This will NOT add support for remote wipe, or functions that your device simply does not support. Though I might add that later.

I have taken the liberty of modifying the Email.apk from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=848115 using the same method as: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=729753

TL;DR: No phone password required with Exchange accounts.

*Update 6*
    Modified Email. apk from I897UCKF1 from DG's COG 5 1.00

*Update 5*

SGS2 Email.apk from MikeyMike's Rom: GR-11

New Modded version added by request:

From Team Whiskey's Rom: Ultimate 8.2

*Update 4*
    Latest From Darky 9.2 (Framework XWJS3): HERE

*Update3* Modded Email.apk from the new Rogers i896 Rom, deodexed, and patched.

*UPDATE2* By Request, here are some modded APKs from various ROMs:
    Perception 10.0
    Darky 7.8

*UPDATE* Modified Email APK from JL3 (Perception v9)
    (OLD)JL3(Newest Android 2.2.1): HERE
    (OLD)JK3(Older Android 2.2): HERE
    Attached is the modified APK file...

To install do the following:

Code:
    adb push Email.NoSecurity.apk /system/app/Email.apk
    adb shell chmod 777 /system/app/Email.apk
    adb reboot

YMMV, I am not responsible if you get fired for circumventing your company's Exchange Policies.

Appreciate my work? Buy Me a Beer:

xoppaw,
    I can remove the security options from your email.apk if you care to send it to me.
    Solodogg,
    The framework files are not in that /system dump. I would need the odex from the /system/framework folder at least.

ryboto,
    The IsActive command in that APK already appears to always return true. Are you sure that apk is actually enforcing the policies?
    Hi Fenny,

Here is the Email.apk from Obsession Revamped JVT rom. Can you remove the security bit, please? Thanks!