[Guide] How to Downgrade from KK to JB S-OFF Required

Search This thread

tommyjoesanders

Aug 12, 2013
Okay Guys. here is a guide how to downgrade back to JB from using KK. You will need to be S-OFF and also will to have a locked or relocked bootloader. and just follow my steps. You will need adb and fastboot and you will need the 3.05.651.6 decrypted you will find the file here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576995

(1) From fastboot you need to first re-lock your bootloader. using this command
fastboot oem lock
then you reboot your device into bootloader. make sure your device shows relocked or locked on top of the screen. once you see that then go to step #2

(2) now type this command fastboot oem rebootRUU after that you should see black screen with green HTC logo.
if you got this far go to step #3

(3) now the file you downloaded please rename it too rom.zip (make sure you have it named correctly) my advice i would just found the file you downloaded and right click it and look for rename and i would just type the word rom and hit enter to ensure it is correct. If you did that go to step #4

(4) Now, type this command fastboot flash zip rom.zip , let it run it course during the process you will see this message . " pre hboot 90 " if you see that then just press the up arrow on the keyboard and press enter and let the process run again and then let it run it will flush your device at this point and will lose everything on your storage. once you have done that sit back 10-20 mins. and wait for the process to finish. after that go to Step #5

(5) type this command in command prompt fastboot reboot-bootloader and press enter . Once your at bootloader menu select factory reset and press power button and let it do reset and when it done. your device will reboot and your done.

Credits - Go to O.M.J for the files

P.S. Hopefully this will help you for anyone that needs this.

Last edited:

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
I'm trying this now. I'll report back soon!

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

According to recent reports, no it is not that simple

I'm here to agree! I can't get an older RUU to flash and I'm S-OFF. I've tried on multiple computers and done everything I can think of... With no luck. I've tried the whole "tricking" the bootloader to thinking you're using an older base and everything.

tommyjoesanders

Aug 12, 2013

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I'm here to agree! I can't get an older RUU to flash and I'm S-OFF. I've tried on multiple computers and done everything I can think of... With no luck. I've tried the whole "tricking" the bootloader to thinking you're using an older base and everything.

It works .

Reactions: wwjoshdew

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
DUDE, you are FREAKING AWESOME! After trying and failing so many times by using different RUU's, zip's, and etc...

You're guide got my HTC One back to 4.3! :)

NOhvTbv.png

Reactions: tommyjoesanders

milesb3

Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
I haven't had such luck running the JB RUU. Currently I have an HTC One brick and back on the HTC EVO LTE until I can get it figured out.

It's odd that some are having issues while others are not. I just ruu'd again from stock kk to make sure I wasn't going crazy with a 3.04 encrypted zip I extracted from the official ruu. Did it in mac os x and went off without a hitch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay Guys. here is a guide how to downgrade back to JB from using KK. You will need to be S-OFF and also will to have a locked or relocked bootloader. and just follow my steps. You will need adb and fastboot and you will need the 3.05.651.6 decrypted you will find the file here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576995

(1) From fastboot you need to first re-lock your bootloader. using this command
    fastboot oem lock
    then you reboot your device into bootloader. make sure your device shows relocked or locked on top of the screen. once you see that then go to step #2

(2) now type this command fastboot oem rebootRUU after that you should see black screen with green HTC logo.
    if you got this far go to step #3

(3) now the file you downloaded please rename it too rom.zip (make sure you have it named correctly) my advice i would just found the file you downloaded and right click it and look for rename and i would just type the word rom and hit enter to ensure it is correct. If you did that go to step #4

(4) Now, type this command fastboot flash zip rom.zip , let it run it course during the process you will see this message . " pre hboot 90 " if you see that then just press the up arrow on the keyboard and press enter and let the process run again and then let it run it will flush your device at this point and will lose everything on your storage. once you have done that sit back 10-20 mins. and wait for the process to finish. after that go to Step #5

(5) type this command in command prompt fastboot reboot-bootloader and press enter . Once your at bootloader menu select factory reset and press power button and let it do reset and when it done. your device will reboot and your done.

Credits - Go to O.M.J for the files

P.S. Hopefully this will help you for anyone that needs this.
    Pretty sure it's just a matter of running the RUU you want if you're s-off...
    It does work been working with O.M.J and I did this with two devices already.

It works .
    DUDE, you are FREAKING AWESOME! After trying and failing so many times by using different RUU's, zip's, and etc...

You're guide got my HTC One back to 4.3! :)

NOhvTbv.png