Search This thread

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus
hi guys
a quick question: i'm looking for a good rom for my friend's defy... by the way i have a nexus s, don't know wich are the best roms for defy...
anyone can help me??
in this rom what is not working properly? and how is it working? has bugs/lags etc?
thanks a lot for hepling!! :)

This rom is currently smooth with no major bugs, its been my daily for about a week now and I'm never going back to cm7

Sent from the real world by hacking into the matrix

Reactions: freakness51

zencoran

Jan 5, 2011
hi guys
a quick question: i'm looking for a good rom for my friend's defy... by the way i have a nexus s, don't know wich are the best roms for defy...
anyone can help me??
in this rom what is not working properly? and how is it working? has bugs/lags etc?
thanks a lot for hepling!! :)

You have been copying and pasting that comment on every thread. STOP.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

jm2k7

Mar 7, 2011
Black Mesa :P
minimal gapps

hello, you can create a minimal version of 4.0.4 gapps for this?

for example, has in its repo Quarx the gapps-jb-20120726-minimal.zip

would be ideal to avoid overloading of waste and have the rom as clean as possible.

ps: forgiveness for demanding a lot. I appreciate the effort made to 4.0.4 rom. :fingers-crossed:

pss214

May 8, 2011
Romania, Bucharest
www.xpc-forum.ro
My phone was a mb525 with green lens initially, i bricked it with BL 7 sbf and send it to warranty, they changed the chipset and the camera along with the sotware, now i have froyo
Now i have a defy+ chipset with 1ghz cpu and red lens, they left me the original case and battery 1530mah

Sent from my MB525 using xda app-developers app

My phone was a mb525 with green lens initially, i bricked it with BL 7 sbf and send it to warranty, they changed the chipset and the camera along with the sotware, now i have froyo
Now i have a defy+ chipset with 1ghz cpu and red lens, they left me the original case and battery 1530mah

WTF??? I want to be in Romania.... such a superb warranty team!

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk 2

TJKV

Jun 25, 2011

Hmm can't call yours a defy+, just a red lens defy instead of a green lens defy before they replaced the mb. Exactly the same hardware in defy and defy+ except battery. (and ofc bayer/soc camera modules, but that doesn't cleanly your divide between the Defy and the +)

Edit: wow, I see quarx himself has told you the same thing on the jb thread, lucky you ;)

jayanth1255

Apr 20, 2011
I tried all other roms found Epsylons is stable, smoother, faster, best battery back up than any other rom like Gingerspeed, moto ice gun, etc...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2012-05-08.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-05-17-37-48%255B1%255D.png
    2011%2B-%2B1
    Screenshot_2012-05-08-10-58-59.png

2012%2B-%2B1
    2012%2B-%2B1
    2011%2B-%2B1
    11%2B-%2B2
    11%2B-%2B1

Download Links: http://tanguy.forumdoandroid.com

DONE:
    :cool: Startup, bootmenu and recovery
    24-11 ;) Touchscreen and keypad (multitouch too)
    24-11 :) Usb
    25-11 ;) New Network (netfilter) kernel modules (quota2, and fake qtaguid to enhance)
    26-11 :p wifi
    29-11 :D Fix egl configuration and colors
    29-11 =) Hardware accelerated ui
    29-11 :) Phone data
    30-11 :) Play the videos made with defy camera on CM7
    30-11 :) Fix sound and phone audio
    01-12 :) Fix Webkit (Browser), add Defy Parts, "reboot bootmenu" and "reboot recovery" (command line and UI menu)
    02-12 :) Fix orientation sensor, (but keep the launcher in landscape for the moment)
    02-12 :) Backuptool on update (keep market, baseband etc)
    05-12 :) Launcher (and lockscreen) in portrait mode... with auto rotate
    05-12 :( New bug (same bootloop as CM7)... but fixed by a temporary script until we get more info, the ICS one is on every boot ! but happens only since friday evening
    --> will fix also the CM7 bootloop
    06-12 :) Phone & Wifi fixed, 2D/3D acceleration fully fonctionnal on 2.3.4+ kernels
    07-12 :) Video support (youtube and gallery player)
    08-12 :) Fix proximity and light sensor for 2.3.x kernels
    09-12 USB fixes, updated some kernel modules, first steps for camera (still doesnt works)
    10-12 USB Theme, Baseband switcher is now in Defy Parts
    11-12 Torch and FileManager's come back, Defy Parts in System Settings... Some more Launcher2 options from upcomming "Trebuchet" (CM9 fork)
    13-12 Defy Parts Icon, Terminal Emulator enhancements, Duplicated Ringtones

20-12 Android ICS 4.0.3. After a lot of new bugs, build should be fine. Launcher2 can be buggy and performance is not better than 13 dec one. But, charger mode is fixed.
    23-12 MP3/AAC hardware acceleration (Quarx)
    23-12 Trebuchet grid size
    23-12 Adb fixes and Adb over network
    23-12 Power widgets
    23-12 Since 4.0.3 Wifi has problems to be re-enabled... no error log yet to understand the problem...

10-01 Sim pin unlock is now working (thanks to nadlabak, Droid, sholes maintainer)
    12-01 CMStats, New device settings style, new gb wifi module (still buggy)

18-02 Microphone fix, All french settings translations (except Trebuchet), core uevent and sysinit fixes... Refreshed Bootmenu Recovery
    Basic Wifi tether (allow to switch between wifi kernel modules without lock), There are still problems to attribute the ip, a manual command set it : ifconfig tiap0 <ip> [up]
    20-02 Wifi and Bluetooth Tethering (multiple clients supported) :) Wifi requires WPA2 or Open (WPA1 is buggy)
    21-02 FM Radio :) Thanks to Quarx for the last fix :)
    01-03 Camera Preview works... still require some tuning
    04-03 First Camera videos with OMX encoder (memory problems after 7 seconds)
    05-03 :) Camera videos fully working
    29-03 Android 4.0.4
    28-04 open source tiap_drv module finally working
    07-05 Barcode scanner working, camcorder is less buggy (maniac103 is back !)
    07-05 Theme support
    08-05 HWUI Shaders (thanks to nadlabak, the Motorola Milestone maintainer)
    08-05 Render Effects Preview
    14-05 HWUI working on froyo kernel (less bugs than defy+ kernel)
    14-05 Published in XDA News
    26-05 New Usage stats xt_owner2/xt_qtaguid is now working...
    06-06 New modules: ext4 filesystem support, ipv6 netfilter modules
    01-07 New klogger module to extend the logcat buffer size + "logcat -b kernel"
    05-07 Full HWUI even for Chrome and panorama ! (thanks to nadlabak again for his SGX stack reloader) -- CM9 RC1 incoming soon
    11-07 OMX Codecs are back, Fix Romupdater (v2.08) problems, related to ICS StrictMode
    16-11 Now supports custom kernels with "2nd-boot" profile in bootmenu... This profile on Defy and Defy+ builds is also compatible with the Green lens Defy users

CM9 Changelog: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/

HOWTO: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756234 (thanks to suttaroom)

TODO:
    Enhance Wifi Tether stability

MORE INFOS
    ICS status (XDA Wiki)

Google apps pour ICS 4.0.4 : http://goo.im/gapps

* (Require a Data Wipe, will not fully work with the old google account from cm7)

cmrabbit.png
    quarx.png

BUGS REPORT ON THIS THREAD PLEASE : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381887
    maybe a new hope :

+nadlabak: Epsylon3: I've got it! SGX PVR 1.8 running despite the locked milestone kernel :D
    yes, like for CM10 ... JB is a kind of Cleanup of ICS which was very experimental.... Its always better the second time, but not all features are merged yet in main CM repos... but almost all...

So we are making a common repo for Defy and Defy+ also, and only this version will have official support... CM9 is already dead ;p
    I suppose the image means that the hack in the DEFY's kernel to replace the PVR code is a success. Damn... I was hopeful, but this is beyond expectations! Great job devs!

To be honest though, I'm not in a hurry to jump to ICS, it still has many bugs that don't exist in CM7.2, like some issues with the Data connection and WiFi issues I've been reading here in these forums. Maybe by Fall or Winter this year it will be stable enough for picky users like me ;).

I was expecting problems, but no, that solve almost all problems without any other change !

I think CM9 will be replaced by CM10, like Froyo after Eclair ... Time will tell us