[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

dgege

Aug 12, 2007
Quick question, does this rom support LED notifications? I cannot find where to set them, like in cm7...

Thanks.

is95kiko

Mar 25, 2011
Installed beta 0.2.0 ja gapps, very nice work from Jokersax, thanks.

I used to have (with CM7 and CM7 ICS-style) power management widget that was customizable: I was able to choose which items are shown in widget when adding the widget and it changed it's size according to selections.

Now, I can only find non-resizeable and non-customizable power widget, is this "normal"?

leonardoaraujo

Feb 17, 2009
Belo Horizonte

I used to have (with CM7 and CM7 ICS-style) power management widget that was customizable: I was able to choose which items are shown in widget when adding the widget and it changed it's size according to selections.

Now, I can only find non-resizeable and non-customizable power widget, is this "normal"?

resizeable yes = nova launcher
customizable = not yet
;)

billb23ok

Feb 18, 2008
ontario

I was useing turls rom and i know on that one you can resize any widget. Its an option in settings. Hope this helps. You can try widgetsoid2.x

Last edited:

billb23ok

Feb 18, 2008
ontario
Wow found someone with the same problem did everything and still nothing so your saying you think you've pressed the power button too hard and that has effected the digitizer if you find out anything for sure you should pm me

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Ok so I went to the store got a screw driver. While my phone was having digitizer problems I took it apart (as in the video to remove screen) but didn't remove screen and put it all back together. Problem is now gone. So this to me confirms my thoughts about what I posted earlier. Hope this helps others. Going back to turls Rom v8 with jokers gapps v10 now. Good luck if anyone wants to try my fix. Noticed that small problems still happin but only when phone is hot. Funny my phone never gets hot on darkside

Last edited:

imalilkkm

Feb 8, 2012
Seattle
is there a way to unstall some of the default apps (e.g. music player)?

and when is joker coming back from his vacation? i and all you guys are probably too, am ready for an upgrade!:D

HKnightz

Jan 15, 2012
As I said in my post, I tried calibrating, with no luck. Calibrating includes draining it down to zero, which I've done multiple times.

Thanks though.

Any other ideas guys?

Only other thing that would help, in my experience, would be to reflash the rom after making sure you're at about 4198mv with spare parts

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

LLZuB

Jan 7, 2009
My battery life has increased after not flashing since beta 0.1.0...pretty sure a lot of people with battery issues are just flash happy...stick with a rom for more than a couple days and your battery will be fine.

Got 24 hours out of once charge the other day...mind you I wasn't using my phone much as I was skiing..but before even letting the phone sit would drain the battery at a very quick pace...seems to be working well now!

Blueangel180

Dec 5, 2008
My battery life has increased after not flashing since beta 0.1.0...pretty sure a lot of people with battery issues are just flash happy...stick with a rom for more than a couple days and your battery will be fine.

Got 24 hours out of once charge the other day...mind you I wasn't using my phone much as I was skiing..but before even letting the phone sit would drain the battery at a very quick pace...seems to be working well now!

Second that. i got three and a half days with beta 0.10. wont be switching anytime soon

r1dr12aj

Dec 19, 2011
Only other thing that would help, in my experience, would be to reflash the rom after making sure you're at about 4198mv with spare parts

Aight thanks man, I'll probably do that once the next version comes out, its not a huge problem right now

parkodrive

Jun 15, 2010
Stoke

Where is spare parts on turl1s v8? I cant seem to find it anywhere. I dont have any issues, i just think it'll be usefull to have on my phone, as i hae had with cm5 through 7 on old phones

EGM92

Mar 7, 2011
I caught something today. With all the talk about battery life it's got me looking at my phone regularly. This morning I got up for work at 7am with my battery life at 83%, I used it very lightly during work sending a couple of text messages and a couple of short phone calls. Right before I left I checked my battery and it was at 68% that was at 4:30pm. Now I go to check my battery level again (8:23pm) and its showing 83% battery... when I got home I dropped it on my desk and just let it sit there.

I'm using the latest beta with the 1.3ghz kernel.

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
TIP: How to get 5 days+ with your phone.

1)Charge it all the way up to 100%.
2)Don't touch the phone for a week.
3)Done!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App