[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th December 2017, 06:19 AM |#2131  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Does anyone have a problem that light sensor keeps jumping back and forwards between 0 and 1 lux in difficult dim lighting conditions? Can I change settings somehow to alter this?

6th December 2017, 05:27 AM |#2132  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGripper

Does anyone have a problem that light sensor keeps jumping back and forwards between 0 and 1 lux in difficult dim lighting conditions? Can I change settings somehow to alter this?

Define your lux-to-screen-brightness mapping in such a way that both 0 and 1 lux correspond to the same screen brightness level.
6th December 2017, 03:28 PM |#2133  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
No more updates, this app?
6th December 2017, 04:42 PM |#2134  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 14,862

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denf666

No more updates, this app?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be getting any - Almost every Stock Firmware and Custom Rom has something better built in 🐧

Sent from my SM-G955W 🇨🇦
6th December 2017, 06:01 PM |#2135  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be getting any - Almost every Stock Firmware and Custom Rom has something better built in 🐧

No, lux is better than the stock app.
6th December 2017, 06:05 PM |#2136  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 14,862

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denf666

No, lux is better than the stock app.

Don't know what stock app you are referring to - But I disagree - Lux uses an overlay which is a pita - It hasn't been updated in over a year and Stock UI as well as Custom Roms are far more developed... Anyway - That's my opinion and you're free to have yours 🐧

Sent from my SM-G955W 🇨🇦
The Following User Says Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaggyskunk Ad-Free
6th December 2017, 06:54 PM |#2137  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Don't know what stock app you are referring to - But I disagree - Lux uses an overlay which is a pita - It hasn't been updated in over a year and Stock UI as well as Custom Roms are far more developed... Anyway - That's my opinion and you're free to have yours 🐧

On my my OnePlus 5,in a dimly lit room, it reduces brightness to almost 0, that is no good, as I cannot see as well as I would like. And I will not change to custom rom just because of screen brightness. Lux works the best right now.

Edit: it dims brightness to about 3% in 0 lux, So i still have turn it off to get less brightness in bed.
6th December 2017, 08:28 PM |#2138  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGripper

On my my OnePlus 5,in a dimly lit room, it reduces brightness to almost 0, that is no good, as I cannot see as well as I would like. And I will not change to custom rom just because of screen brightness. Lux works the best right now.

Edit: it dims brightness to about 3% in 0 lux, So i still have turn it off to get less brightness in bed.

just use sub zero..
you can even link a profile so it does that automatically after sundown
Lux is hands down the best screen brightness app, even if it hasn't been updated in over a year.
It still works better than anything else out there, especially if you combine it with cf lumen bij chainfire
6th December 2017, 08:29 PM |#2139  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p50kombi

just use sub zero..
you can even link a profile so it does that automatically after sundown
Lux is hands down the best screen brightness app, even if it hasn't been updated in over a year.
It still works better than anything else out there, especially if you combine it with cf lumen bij chainfire

I was talking about stock adaptive brightness..
12th January 2018, 03:57 PM |#2140  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I like this app, and I still use the paid version (I decided to try the built in adaptive brightness on my pixel 2 when i got it, and lasted about 5 minutes before reinstalling Lux)

I just wish we could get an update for a couple of things:
- A grey on white option for the notification so it blends in with the rest on newer Android versions
- Notification channels

I'd even be willing to pay for the app again for an update.
30th January 2018, 11:47 AM |#2141  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am using this app on my s8, still in the last few days it isn't working like it should be. It's not being really automatic and not updating has it should be
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)