By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2013, 03:14 PM |#521  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobak

Playing with dynamic and ascending. What I am not able to achieve is some sort of constant backlight between 10 and 160 lux reading. Typical scenario: half-dark room with softly-lit lamp by the couch. When I move my hand over the device or just slightly change the angle, the sensor reads 160 for a moment and sets the brightness higher. 2 seconds later it comes back to 10 and the lowest backlight is back. And this repeats every 20 seconds or so.

It seems to me that I can't get analogue curve of brightness, it just jumps between sensor values. Maybe it's normal behaviour but I haven't noticed it with previous roms/brightness tools I tried.

AFAIK ROMs tend to use averaging filters to stop sudden changes. Lux used to have one too until I pulled it out (I wasn't happy with it). If I have time I'll see if I can add one back in, but my time is very limited going forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free

27th February 2013, 08:52 PM |#522  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Re: [APP][Official][2.1+] Lux Auto Brightness 0.76
Filter for sudden changes will be great! Totally support, have the same flickering of brightness.

Отправлено с моего GT-N7100 через Tapatalk
27th February 2013, 08:59 PM |#523  
Thanks Meter: 629

More
Two questions thanks

1) If you do not run persistent notification is there a chance of the application stopping working?

2) I assume having the adjustment 'on wake' uses less battery than 'Dynamically'?
28th February 2013, 09:27 AM |#524  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioboxer

Two questions thanks

1) If you do not run persistent notification is there a chance of the application stopping working?

2) I assume having the adjustment 'on wake' uses less battery than 'Dynamically'?

1) Yeah, Android likes to kill apps.

2) In theory. I haven't measured power usage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
28th February 2013, 11:25 AM |#525  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 28,690

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioboxer

It does, I have now set mine at "on wake" and use Tasker to refresh the reading every 30 seconds between sunrise and sunset and refresh every 60 seconds after that. That's works perfect so far.

I use the front camera as light reading source (works much better on the Samsung S2 IMO) so can't use the periodically option in LUX.

LUX now doesn't even show in the battery usage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kantjer Ad-Free
28th February 2013, 02:53 PM |#526  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantjer

It does, I have now set mine at "on wake" and use Tasker to refresh the reading every 30 seconds between sunrise and sunset and refresh every 60 seconds after that. That's works perfect so far

might be interesting to add this option in lux....
28th February 2013, 04:19 PM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm871

might be interesting to add this option in lux....

What is the difference between that tasker script and the periodically option in lux?
28th February 2013, 05:33 PM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
R: [APP][Official][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness 1.06
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmxsh

What is the difference between that tasker script and the periodically option in lux?

No difference, I mean if possible adjust on wake and every "X" seconds

Edit: I've done some tests and periodically adjust on wake AND every X seconds
[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to swarm871 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swarm871 Ad-Free
1st March 2013, 09:01 PM |#529  
OKC
Thanks Meter: 137

More
I've been using Lux for quite a while and it's one of my must-have apps. I upgraded from TW 4.1 to AOKP 4.2.2 (Ktoonsez's kernel on both) around the same time that the new version of Lux was released so I'm not sure what's causing my problems.

Recently it seems Lux doesn't work when it attempts to set the brightness above the 0 level. If I adjust the slider on the dashboard it dims below 0 but does nothing above that. It won't automatically go over the 0 level either. The debug function in Lux settings shows that it's reading the sensor data correctly (or at least it seems to be). Any idea what's going on here?
1st March 2013, 09:06 PM |#530  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 28,690

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmxsh

There is no difference, but when using the camera as light reading source you can't use the periodically option in lux atm. That's why I use the Taske script.
The Following User Says Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kantjer Ad-Free
1st March 2013, 09:58 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
R: [APP][Official][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness 1.06
Quote:
Originally Posted by quack75

Hello everyone, I have a problem with this application. It should change the brightness automatically, but for me it is only possible to change with negative numbers (sub) if I link for example - 50% with 0 lux, but between 0% and 100% I see no changes. Can someone help me  I use Cyanogenmodnightly 10.1 in a Samsung galaxy s I9000. Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

If it can only change subzero values, then your ROM/kernel isn't passing on the brightness values to the display. I use the Android API for this, so it should work fine. Also check that you haven't put Lux into sleep mode (see if it says 'sleeping' in the notification).

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes50

I've been using Lux for quite a while and it's one of my must-have apps. I upgraded from TW 4.1 to AOKP 4.2.2 (Ktoonsez's kernel on both) around the same time that the new version of Lux was released so I'm not sure what's causing my problems.

Recently it seems Lux doesn't work when it attempts to set the brightness above the 0 level. If I adjust the slider on the dashboard it dims below 0 but does nothing above that. It won't automatically go over the 0 level either. The debug function in Lux settings shows that it's reading the sensor data correctly (or at least it seems to be). Any idea what's going on here?

I have the same problem I mentioned the response that the author has given to me even though I was not very convinced, I tried to ask for help in the tread of my roms and other tread, but without success. But there is one thing I wanted to point out to the author, because this is the only application for the brightness does not work? I try to Velis like others, Lumos, and many other screen filter and they all work except Lux, so I wonder, you are sure that the problem is the rom / kernel? And not your application? :P
I think the developer must investigate the problem

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)