Fix xv6800 after SPRINT update

Search This thread

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
b. after 30 mins and at last resort, she removed then readded me to the system (reprovisioned, much like when cable internet modems go offline) SUCCESS

They performed a DMU reset.

i am waiting (24 to 48 hrs )for their network team to do.... something to my phone, possibly the DMU reset. My tech wasn't able to do that on her own. I'm wondering if i can get a regular tech to do what they did for you....when you say they removed you then added you to the system, not exactly sure what that means

You got a dumbass tech. Some techs don't know they are actually able to do it themselves instead of putting in a trouble ticket with the network team.

Big Dawg 23

Feb 13, 2008
Northfield
So another thread isn't started with this issue here is my question. I had DCD 3.2.3 on my phone with Radio 3.42. Had issues with Soti Pocket Controller Pro 6 connecting to the device. So while doing support with them I was asked to hard reset my phone. I did this and ran the customization by accident. In the past roms flashes I have had the box pop up where you hit ok and and dump stuff on the phone twice then reboots. Then you have a short delay to run the VZW CAB. I figured that is what the phone was doing. But nope it customized the phone to sprint.

Why on the hard reset did in just go right to customization?

Second issue I flashed back to stock and relocked the phone. Called VZW because of course it said my phone wont Authenticated. They fixed calling and texting but my data still will not work. I get the Dialing #777 and then USER Name and Password are not Valid. They walked me through enter the following settings under settings>connections>connections>Manging Existing Connections(under VZW). Then I clicked on edit, click next on Data Network, Next on #777, then Typed in the following;
Username:#########@ivzw3g.com
Password:vzw
Domain: Left Blank

In the end still get the data can not connect. Since I have a white spot on the screen they are sending me a replacement phone. Is there a way to correct this?

serfboreds

Jan 16, 2008
Santa Barbara
For SOTI, there is an issue connecting if you have nueUSB installed. PM me if you do for that fix.

Hard reset flashed sprint? You flashed Sprint radio most recently? That is strange if it happened, DCD/GC want to weigh in on how this is even possible? Not UC right?

You definitely goofed up the settings by letting that run. Some devices come back, others are hosed. Good thing, new flash in a day or two.

Big Dawg 23

Feb 13, 2008
Northfield
No most recent flash was 3.2.3. i have had 3.42 on for awhile. I do not have NUESPL. It is back to stock. When I revert on the new phone to 2.47 NUESPL I will definitely PM You. Still wonder about customizing and how to correct data connection.