How do I make a shortcut to the Youtube app (Fuze)

Search This thread

hiwiredjuice

Nov 1, 2008
Wallaceburg
www.hiwired.org
FIX

This is a really easy way to add it to touch flow 3d programs tab

use file explorer

go to \windows and copy youtube

then go to \windows\start menu\Programs and then edit and paste as short cut

go to touch 3d programs and add

Enjoy

allfamyankee

Oct 22, 2007
youtube on fuze

listen dont make it so hard i see this guys telling you to do a notepad file change this change that.................. listen go to the windows file on your fuze find the youtube app thaT has 25B COPY THAT TO THE START MENU AND PLACE IT ON PROGRAMS THATS IT WHEN U GO TO THE ADD A PROGRAM IS ALL THE WAY ON THE BOTTOM NOW WHERE ZIP AND WORD MOBILE IS REMEMBER IS ALPHABETICAL I HOPE THIS HELP IS A LOT EASIER.

YellowGTO

Jul 3, 2007
PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Phone 4
listen dont make it so hard i see this guys telling you to do a notepad file change this change that.................. listen go to the windows file on your fuze find the youtube app thaT has 25B COPY THAT TO THE START MENU AND PLACE IT ON PROGRAMS THATS IT WHEN U GO TO THE ADD A PROGRAM IS ALL THE WAY ON THE BOTTOM NOW WHERE ZIP AND WORD MOBILE IS REMEMBER IS ALPHABETICAL I HOPE THIS HELP IS A LOT EASIER.

100% correct.

stevena3

Nov 12, 2008
allfamyankee ... Perfect! Finally got it working!

How to do it (the dumbed down version):
[1] Open File Explorer.
[2] Click on the "Windows" folder.
[3] Click on "Menu" on the bottom right of your screen.
[4] Select Sort - by name.
[5] Scroll about 1/8 the way up of the vertical slider. (Looking for "Youtube")
-it's right after a bunch of files named YT....
[6] You will see 3 Youtube files.
- YouTube 737k
- YouTube.exe 8.95k
- YouTube 25B
[7] Select "YouTube 25b"
[8] Click on "Menu" on the bottom right of your screen.
[9] Select Edit - Copy.
[10] Scroll back up the menu to the top.
[11] Find the folder "Start Menu" and select it.
[12] Find the folder "Programs" and select it.
[13] Click on "Menu" on the bottom right of your screen.
[14] Select Edit - Paste.
[15] DONE

Now you can add YouTube to your Programs list.

suxky

Dec 25, 2008
I got everything but..

Everything works fine.. but still says connecting.... then connection fail.????

ohbreeeezy

May 11, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
It's not that picky, you don't need to put the /> on a separate line. For some reason a space got inserted into InternetPortal when I posted this so you might want to check to make sure you didn't include the space in your file.

I don't have a \Windows\HTC folder either. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of virtual directory that TF3D uses. I looked around a little in the Manila editing thread in the Diamond ROM forum but it's way more complicated than I want to deal with. I'm not sure why I have that icon file and you don't but I'm not running the standard AT&T theme so that might be part of the problem.

You can edit the ImagePath to point to a .jpg file that you want to use as an icon, too. For example, if you take the youtube.jpg file attached to this post and copy it to your \Windows directory on your Fuze, you can change the ImagePath to "\Windows\youtube.jpg" and that should work.

how big does the image have to be?

cidfarzan

Jan 28, 2009
works fantastic, used Resco file explorer to edit the read only and copied and pasted in windows and transfred the file back to the device, worked perfecr, thank heaps

sagggas

Jun 29, 2009
Doesn't seem to work with update (6/09) HTC/ATT ROM

Hi,

I've been interested in adding some apps to my TF3D internet tab as well.

I intalled the new ROM right out of the box last week without any of the ATT bloatware. I've done a few tweaks, but nothing major. The new ROM includes a link to YouTube (with icon) and the default browser is Opera (but doesn't state it in the Internet Tab). I couldn't figure out how to include an image in the body here, so I attached an image. A while back I managed to include the Yahoo! WAP Manager link as well, but forgot how (it was not with any special treaking though)

I searched for the InternetPortal-en-US.xml file and found only one (in the \Windows directory). Its contents are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<InternetPortal>
<IncludeUserFavorites>True</IncludeUserFavorites>
<Banner
DefaultImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPortal\banner.qtc"
SelectedImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPortal\banner_selected.qtc"
NavigateUrl="http://device.home/"
Text="MEdia Net"
Width="480"
Height="215" />
<OperatorLinks>

</OperatorLinks>
</InternetPortal>

As you can see in my file, there are no items related to either Opera or YouTube. I'm thinking this isn't the right file. I'm afraid to edit it as it might screw up what is already there (essentially I want to add links to the other browsers I've installed). I've done a search for other xml files dated 2009, but none of them seem to have the content I'm looking for. Anybody have any ideas why that is or where I should look?
Thanks!