FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Lot of fsck*.rec files in SD Card root

680 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By PeeHoo, Senior Member on 22nd November 2010, 09:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Could I delete them or not?
The Following User Says Thank You to PeeHoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeeHoo Ad-Free

22nd November 2010, 12:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 312

More
These files are generated by the fsck linux utility, which is the equivalent of Windows/DOS CHKDSK command.
They are the recovery data that it finds, like file data with no reference in FAT table, etc, so it converts it in a recovery file for you to analyze and recover...

If you don't need to recover lost files (Which is most of the time), then delete them.
24th November 2010, 03:35 AM |#3  
Flag Dhahran
Thanks Meter: 59

More
If they keep returning then format your SD card. I had them when I was trying 4K blocksize but gone once I moved to 32K.

32K is my usual default but I was just trying something out.
4th August 2011, 04:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
FSCKxxx.REC means File System check record.
Usually are created if you are not closing down the operating system the "normal" way, like you take the battery out. Linux always check the file system at bootup and if something "not-normal" (any left overs from improper close down) are found then a FSCHxxx.rec file is created to be analysed by the system administrator.
The Following User Says Thank You to romz87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romz87 Ad-Free
22nd April 2018, 05:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to recover those FSCK files?
18th July 2019, 11:55 AM |#6  

More
Does anyone know how to recover the file fsck.rec??? help me please
26th July 2019, 01:22 PM |#7  

More
If you are in your Android phone, just tap the fsck then a pop up dialogue will appear saying open file as music, video, image etc. Just select anything since you are not sure what kind of file is it, if you think it is a music select music then if it not plays just select another file type. Then rename tha file, change the .rec with the right file extension if it is a music change it to .mp3 , .m4a etc. If its a video change it to .mp4 , . flv etc. (sorry for my poor English)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)