Tool: Analyse your battery drain.

Search This thread

Waza_Be

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 22, 2009
Hello all,

Here is my 2 cents contribution to all the people that are wondering why their batteries are out in 10 hours!

I would like to share my tool, and maybe get help with my code if people are interested.

This goal of this app is to help you to detect what is going wrong with your battery by displaying values of the drain. It will never analyse or detect an app!

MARKET LINK: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.WazaBe.android.BatteryDrain

Wx5K9gv-xQyhjvydwhvavKmbYNGrVYAuF5em7BsjSEzEwtJy7iipNSTzcC1heA-sd48

AndroidON

May 10, 2011
Cheongju-si
This is pretty cool.

I was getting tired of calculating battery per time.

Maybe it would be better if it record battery usage per time.

(ex , partial wakelock)

greenAlgae

Nov 30, 2011
Great. I wanted to compare battery drains in using different kernel or different cpu scaling governor. I think your app will come in handy. Thanks...

Sent from my SK17i using XDA App

Reactions: mauam

amc1274

Dec 4, 2008
OP, can you attach the apk to this thread. Market says its not compatible with my HD2 that is running 4.0.3 (IceCream Tosti v0.5 ROM with tytung kernel)

BTW, does anyone know if there is a workaround for this market issue?

TIA

davidsteele1975

May 7, 2011
York
OP, can you attach the apk to this thread. Market says its not compatible with my HD2 that is running 4.0.3 (IceCream Tosti v0.5 ROM with tytung kernel)

BTW, does anyone know if there is a workaround for this market issue?

TIA

I probably have the wrong end of the stick, but when I searched for it by application title, it didn't appear. So instead I searched for it using Waze_Be and found it in the list.

id628

Jun 23, 2010
Looks nice. Could we have an alarm that warns you when battery draw is higher than normal (only when the screen is off)?

My phone sometimes starts sucking power when my Exchange connection goes haywire. I'd love to be warned that it's in a high-draw situation instead of it just going dead.

SalsaForte

Dec 11, 2010
Montreal
comobi.ca
I installed it on my Transformer Prime. So far, so good. Around 2/3 of the time under 1%/hr of battery usage.

Would be nice, if you would add a "min/mean/max" CPU usage for the time period of possible. Basically, instead of only collecting time/battery percentage, you could collect other system useful data.

And why not, trying to figure the "charging speed". This would also be nice, I suspect some of my USB chargers to be less efficient/fast.

And... It might be possible to detect batteries that will soon die! Above average %hr... I have a lot of ideas for you.

Last edited:

b02

Nov 2, 2011
Podgorica
Hello all,

Here is my 2 cents contribution to all the people that are wondering why their batteries are out in 10 hours!

I would like to share my tool, and maybe get help with my code if people are interested.

This goal of this app is to help you to detect what is going wrong with your battery by displaying values of the drain. It will never analyse or detect an app!

MARKET LINK: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.WazaBe.android.BatteryDrain

i will add your app to my battery saving tips if you dont mind, please do send me a pm to confirm :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Great. I wanted to compare battery drains in using different kernel or different cpu scaling governor. I think your app will come in handy. Thanks...

Sent from my SK17i using XDA App
    Hello,
    The app works great! but still one question tho :)

Is it possible in the summary screen to show the drain value for the first 5% as separate values ?
    Now it show: 0-1%, 1-2%, 2-5%, 5-10%

As the first 5 percentages are the most important ones if you are finetuning your device, i would like to see it go 0-1%, 1-2%, 2-3%, 3-4% and 4-5%

The current way at 2-5% and 5-10% the gap is too big :)