[NAND] IceDroid V8 with BEATS [FINAL] [10/7/12]

Search This thread

taninos

Oct 7, 2011
  1. (Boot with SD card not working, have yet to check the reformatting approach)
  2. GPS not working
  3. WLAN signal strength indicator in the status bar always shows only 1 bar
  4. WLAN disconnects because of unknown reasons/circumstances. Does not reconnect. Turning WLAN on/off results in reconnect
  5. USB mass storage connectivity not working. Device recognized by PC ("bong"), but no entry in explorer
  6. Camera focus not working

I have not yet had the chance to test GSM/voice/3G/HSPA/WLAN tethering because my SIM is in another device. Will get back to that in the next days.....

1. Boot with SD is working if you follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24590744&postcount=337 (Credits to Elibl)

2. GPS is working if you use the new coolrunnerII kernel (add it with ADB and the next fastboot command: "fastboot flash boot boot.img") and "gps.kovsky.so" of the coolrunnerII rom (placed in /system/lib/hw/, you can do that with "Root Explorer" but keep the same permissions and owner data that the file "gps.goldfish.so").

3. The wifi strength indicator is not working but you can enhance the signal if you replace the wpa-supplicant (placed in /system/bin/) for the one in coolrunnerII rom. (You can do that with "Root Explorer", take note of the permissions and owner of the original file and set them in the new one).

4. USB mass storage is working properly on WinXP and Ubuntu 12.04.

5. The camera is set to hyperfocal distance therefore you can't do photos in the very short distance (less than 1.6m).

6. The GSM/UMTS works better if you remove from the "build.prop" file the next command line: ro.telephony.default_network=1

7. There are no way to do wifi tethering (because we don't have a proper wlan.ko and nat modules) but you can perfectly do USB tethering via EasyTether app.

8. You can reduce the battery consume with "SetCPU" app with two profile on it, one for screen on (537max. 128min. ondemand deadline) and the other for screen off (128max. 128min. ondemand deadline). But first install a launcher like Zeam Launcher (XDA project) and remove the CyanogenMod apps included in the /system/app/ and the Holo Launcher included in /system/data/app/. With that you will lose all the CM features but you will have better battery control.

:)

Last edited:

aloysius987

Feb 3, 2011
You actually can use kernels and images from gingerbread bundle and flash twiz on top so that you will not have key freeze problem.
Sent from my Kamen Rider Faiz Gear

gummikungen

Oct 23, 2009
1. Boot with SD is working if you follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24590744&postcount=337 (Credits to Elibl)

2. GPS is working if you use the new coolrunnerII kernel (add it with ADB and the next fastboot command: "fastboot flash boot boot.img") and "gps.kovsky.so" of the coolrunnerII rom (placed in /system/lib/hw/, you can do that with "Root Explorer" but keep the same permissions and owner data that the file "gps.goldfish.so").

3. The wifi strength indicator is not working but you can enhance the signal if you replace the wpa-supplicant (placed in /system/bin/) for the one in coolrunnerII rom. (You can do that with "Root Explorer", take note of the permissions and owner of the original file and set them in the new one).

4. USB mass storage is working properly on WinXP and Ubuntu 12.04.

5. The camera is set to hyperfocal distance therefore you can't do photos in the very short distance (less than 1.6m).

6. The GSM/UMTS works better if you remove from the "build.prop" file the next command line: ro.telephony.default_network=1

7. There are no way to do wifi tethering (because we don't have a proper wlan.ko and nat modules) but you can perfectly do USB tethering via EasyTether app.

8. You can reduce the battery consume with "SetCPU" app with two profile on it, one for screen on (537max. 19min. ondemand deadline) and the other for screen off (128max. 19min. ondemand deadline). But first install a launcher like Zeam Launcher (XDA project) and remove the CyanogenMod apps included in the /system/app/ and the Holo Launcher included in /system/data/app/. With that you will lose all the CM features but you will have better battery control.

:)

Would it be possible for you to share the build you have made from Jerrytan and CoolrunnerII work?

taninos

Oct 7, 2011
Would it be possible for you to share the build you have made from Jerrytan and CoolrunnerII work?

Well, I think that jerrytan93 doesn't like that. I remember a quarrel between kuskro and jerrytan93 for modifying a final jerrytan93's rom. I'm sure that coolrunnerII will improve his rom and we are going to have a proper rom very soon.

Sorry.

Last edited:

Pete Rask

Dec 10, 2009
From my point of view a Froyo 2.2 is better OS for our xperia than a GB 2.3, but all developers have never stand with a froyo-nand-rom, they've gave it up and they've always tried to build GB nand-roms.

I actually converted Alex's old Froyo rom (the one with the Arc-theme, very nice :good:) into a nand one but in its current state it's NOT INTENDED for daily use as some stuff isn't working properly.

But indeed feel free to work on it. It was heck faster compared to a Ginger rom.

Here's the link to it! :)

Alvin Satrio Wibowo

May 30, 2013
Bandung
bro @jerrytan93 why don't you update youre rom with CM 7.2 base, before you stoped ? or if not, may I ask what you did to fix the camera? what should I take out of the system / lib or something else? I want to try to make a rom with the base 7.2 with fully working camera, ram is relieved, beats audio, etc :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*Features:

- Based on CyanogenMod 7.1 Android 2.3.7
    - FULLY working Camera
    - Better WiFi signal
    - FULLY working Market (able to search and compatible will all kind of apps)
    - Working USB storage mounting
    - Ice cream sandwich launcher
    - Ice cream sandwich font
    - Ice Cream Sandwich AOSP theme
    - Ice cream sandwich bootanimation
    - init.d script support
    - Added Nano text editor, Bash shell
    - Further tweaks by using init.d scripts
    - Zipaligned with latest SDK to optimize RAM usage
    - Added data/app function to install user apps separately
    - All apps are up to date as the time of ROM updated

*Notes / Tips:

- Since I was using Zargloub's kernel, some problems/ bugs are kernel related so I can't do anything with it.

Kernel related bugs:
    - Unable to boot if SD card inserted [FIX HERE]
    - WiFi unable to connect WEP protected network
    - Hardware acceleration (That's why you can't play HQ video)
    - Maybe more..

- Open 'Auto Mount' app and tick 'Enable SD card Auto-Mounting'

- When first boot into Android, choose 'Default Activity' instead of 'Setup Wizard' to prevent FC

- Go to Settings -> Display and untick "auto rotate screen" to avoid wrong screen orientation

- Go to Settings -> Cyanogenmod -> Display -> UNTICK 'screen-off animation' and everything EXCEPT 0° & 90°

- Go to Settings -> Display -> Animation -> select 'Some animations' or 'No animation', you will get faster phone response

- Go to Spare Parts -> Window animations -> select 'Fast' or 'Off' to get faster opening speed

- If experiencing Wifi problem (unable to connect) try to change your router Wifi settings to WPA/WPA2, WEP WILL NOT WORK

- GAPPS had already included in this build, so no need to flash the zip separately

- GAPPS like Market will NOT showing out if you din't sign in to Google

- You have to remove your SD card before booting NAND or else you will STUCK at the linux screen

- System will be slower when first time boot into Android:
    ==> Open all apps, sync your phone with Google, then reboot your phone
    ==> Install 'Advanced Task Killer' or 'RAM Optimizer' from Market to free your RAM after heavy usage

- Go to Theme Chooser and apply ICS theme to enable ICS style effect

Battery Saving Tips:

- Charge your battery until 100% before installing the build, after that go to recovery and 'wipe battery stats' and then install the build.. this will give you better battery performance and calibration

- Close your WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Data Plan and disable 'Auto Sync' in Account Settings.. with all these steps you can save MORE battery

- Disable 'Auto brightness' in display settings and select your own brightness

- Use any CPU scaling apps or directly from Cyanogen options in Settings to adjust your CPU Max and Min frequency

*Huge Thanks to:

- CyanogenMod
    - SP3DEV
    - Zargloub
    - Dsixda
    - RockoDev

*WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU APPRECIATE MY WORK:

- CLICK the Thanks Button

- RATE THIS BUILD

- BUY ME A COFFEE

DOWNLOAD IceDroid V8 with Beats HERE | MIRROR

* Screenshot:

View attachment 911167 View attachment 911166 Phone.jpg Menu.jpg screenshot-1331806913507.jpg screenshot-1331943102168.jpg screenshot-1332007375483.jpg
    Change logs and Updates:

10/7/12

IceDroid V8 with Beats

- Final version of IceDroid, thanks for your support
    - Using Zargloub latest 29-6 kernel
    - Fix for the lost call bug
    - Fix for camera blur shot
    - Improved battery life
    - Updated market apps
    - Zipaligned with latest SDK R20
    - Removed debugging info for framework and system app file.. BENEFIT= SUPER FAST SYSTEM!!

25/3/12

IceDroid V7 with Beats

- Using Zargloub latest 23-3 kernel which improving battery accuracy
    - CPU was set to minimum 128MHz by default, thanks to Neopeek and Zargloub
    - Wifi performance should be faster now by changing WiFi related lib files.. ( Tester needed for confirming this)
    - Go to Setting > Cyanogenmod settings > interface > LED notifications > unconfigured > select the application and in LED mode select 'Force LED off', save it.. this will save much more battery
    - Added wireless tether (Tester needed for reporting it works or not)
    - Updated QuickPic

18/3/12

IceDroid V6 with Beats

- FIX USB Storage bug!! :D
    -> Remember to open 'Auto Mount' app and tick 'Enable SD card Auto-Mounting'
    - Added NEW IceDroid init.d tweaks which improve ROM smoothness
    - FULLY fixed market apps not compatible problem!! Prove? Car Home Google able to install now
    - First boot RAM achieved 97MB !! :cool:
    - Antutu Benchmark scores 761 points
    - Better battery performance (Last almost a day)
    - Added new keyboard Touchpal (features swipe to text function)
    - Added Mobo Video Player Codec
    - Updated apps
    - New wallpaper (useless :p)

12/3/12

IceDroid V5

- Updated Beats lib files.. more powerful bass!!
    - Added new keyboard from Xperia device
    **Experimental because the keyboard is for ldpi screen device so the layout was a little bit smaller on screen, but it's working perfectly

- Main focus on performance more than graphical in this release
    - Optimized RAM memory, highest free RAM achieved on first boot 93MB!!
    - Better battery life because the processor does not need to load so much heavy proccess from apps.

Apps Replaced:

Go Launcher EX --> Launcher Pro (lower memory usage and faster)
    Original Gallery --> QuickPic (super fast picture preview)
    Original Browser --> Opera Mobile 12 (faster web browsing)

Apps Added:

Fast Reboot - Free up memory by performing a 'fake' reboot
    Mobo Video Player - Supporting more video format

Apps Updated:

Google Music --> Google Play Music
    Google Market --> Google Play Store

Tips:

For those who wants more RAM, search Market for "Auto Killer Memory Optimizer" and "Advanced Task Killer" and install these two apps

Work In Progress :

- USB Storage will stop working in second boot after first time successful connected, means that USB storage will only work ONCE

- I had contacted Zargloub and discuss the problem with him. Zargloub told me that it's NOT kernel problem, however he can't see any critical errors in logcat so we can't locate the problem. I know we can change the system/bin/vold file and also etc/vold.fstab file to make the USB work,
    so this will be a workaround and need some time to find a working bin file

6/3/12

IceDroid V4

- Beats audio effect implant into the ROM!! Beats implant+ DSP Manager 'bass enabled'.. now the bass sounds like a BOOM! :D
    - Thanks to RockoDev for the Beats audio mod
    - Fixed no sound with music when headset plugged in problem
    - Using Zargloub latest kernel ( 1/3 ) which improved battery accuracy and performance and also light value
    - Updated Go Launcher EX 2.8.1
    - Updated Car Home 2.2.1.4

27/2/12

IceDroid V3

- Using Zarglub's 20/2/12 kernel which improved minor battery performance
    - Updated latest SU Binary
    - Latest version of busybox installed
    -FINALLY FIXED 'App Not Compatible' and also missing some paid apps issue, now you can download or update any Google Apps like Youtube, Gmail.
    - All apps are updated to the latest version
    - Translated Newding app to BY MY OWN! Now it's 50% in English.. :D
    --> suggestion and help in translating the app will be welcome.. :)
    - Added adfree host into the ROM, no need to use Adblocker anymore.. :D

20/2/12

IceDroid V2

- Fix the small camera icon
    - Removed ICS Launcher and replaced with Go Launcher EX
    - Added Go Locker with ICS Locker Theme
    - Added "Newding" app to solve missed call rebooting issue
    - Fix the wrong name of ICS Theme in Theme Chooser
    - Updated OI File Manager to latest version
    - Zipaligned all apk files with latest SDK revision 16
    - Somehow the ROM becomes faster.. :p

16/2/12

- IceDroid V1 released!!
    Mod + Download Section:

Full Wipe Script
    Introducing Full Wipe Script for Xperia X1 NAND, originally idea from Sensation forum and mod by jerrytan93 (ME!!).. :D

The script was packed in a zip file and using updater-script to perform data wiping. Simply go to recovery and choose 'install zip from sd card' and then flash the zip

What will the script do for you:

- Remove old system files from older ROM
    - Remove old data files from older ROM
    - Remove old system created folders located in SD card, but it will NEVER format your SD card.. ;)

Advantages of using this script:

- Save your time, no need to wipe each partition one by one
    - FULLY CLEAN all the partitions so that you will get a CLEAN ROM installation (less bugs that caused by old files)

Important Notes:

- Since the script will format your data partition, means that you will lost ALL your user data like Apps, configured settings, account settings.. same meaning as 'Factory Reset'

- This script is encouraged for those user who was having some 'weird issue' that did not happened on other users (including me)

- If you want to keep your user data while cleaning all your phone's partition, you can choose to backup your ROM before applying the script, after that use 'Advance Restore' in Recovery to restore your data partition ONLY

Download Full Wipe Script: View attachment 909578
    I finally got some time to play around and make my sdcard also bootable this is the way i made it:
    (I hope this is finally the way that works for everyone with every card)

caution: backup your sdcard or you will lose content

thank to Elibl about MBR

I think i found a way to temporarily solve the problem boot with sdcard

first backup your sdcard data after that download my file , and extract

1) open iBored as Admin

2) choose your sdcard (often is physicaldrive1)

Noted : physicaldrive0 often is hard drive , don't mistake

3) Disk -> view structure (or ctrl + d)

4) choose disk1

5) Disk -> Write File to Blocks...
    6) Choose BootwSD.dat (together with ibored)
    7) program show a windows, choose yes (don't fix anything) ,and yes

8) sdcard needs now to be formatted normally

it worked for me every time immediately

it's somehow logic as it then writes the file to the very beginning of the sdcard which is the section which is also checked by HDHacker

again iBored as attachment

huge thanks to BrickPSP
    My final development post

Alright so I'm sorry to announce that I'm leaving this project officially, however if someone are interested to continue this project, here's some info from Zargloub which you may want to fix if possible

zargloub said:
    Hi,
    I'm coming back from hollidays.
    Having a quick look at your page "IceDroid".
    The video playing HW acceleration is done by dsp. kernel is not concerned.
    External libraries are used to give android access to dsp processor (somewhere like in /system/lib/dsp/*.so ).
    When he needs, Android checks if libraries for playing a type of video is presend (for exemple H.264, mpeg4, 720P), if yes, library is used, otherwise, if possible, he uses software rendering. You should check if dsp libraries are available for qualcom.
    For the wifi problems, i'll have a look soon .. lot of work when coming back at the office.
    about boot with sd card, if you have some time, it would be interesting to check removing all services in init.rc and init.kovsky.rc (axcept console one, to access with adb ;) ) and check if it allways block.
    Have fun ...

For those advance user like CoolrunnerII and Elibl you can contact zargloub for further discussion, I believe in one day you all will achieve FIRST FULLY WORKING NAND ROM FOR XPERIA X1.. :)

Finally, I will leave Xperia X1 development now and continue my Android journey to HTC Sensation as a themer.. happy to say that this place had let me learned many things about Android ( this is my first device running Android and the place I started to be a dev ), and meet some nice guys too! :D You guys are awesome and supportive! :D

I will not replying any more PM about IceDroid and my other CWM project.. for newcomer if you are looking for help / support / tips you can contact those advance user as I stated above.. I'm sure they are always ready to help you. ;)

Have a nice day and GOOD BYE ! :)