Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
After some hours of learning the Asus blob system, I have finally got the latest OTA packaged properly.

Thanks to the Virtuous Team for their updater-script that I started with.

If you download this, please click "thanks" for the chances I took on bricking my device to make this for us.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device due to flashing this.

That said, I am writing this post on my prime which is running this firmware and working well.

screenshot2012022612090.jpg

This ROM is completely stock 9.4.2.15 except for:

• Rooted
  • Insecure Boot.img (Allows the system to be mounted writable)
  • ADB debugging enabled (Allows running logcat if needed)

Instructions

• Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
  • Shut down the prime
  • Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
  • Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
  • The device now boots into your CWM recovery
  • Make a backup of your current ROM
  • Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (Optional but highly recommended)
  • Then flash the rom zip as usual
  • Then flash the Accounts & Sync fix zip as usual

Download

9.4.2.15 Full Rom

Nice of you to post a stock ROM.

BTW, can you post some links of some resources you may have found to extract the files from the blob or some high-level steps for other people looking to know how to do this?

Thanks.

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice of you to post a stock ROM.

BTW, can you post some links of some resources you may have found to extract the files from the blob or some high-level steps for other people looking to know how to do this?

Thanks.

I used the latest blobtools from here to unpack / repack: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21620550&postcount=24

Make sure to use the -s switch when you go to pack a blob. The prime needs the blob to be signed. You can take the stock update from Asus and do this in linux:
Code:
blobunpack blob_name
That will extract the different partitions. The system files are in blob.APP which is an ext4 image file. You can mount it in linux and copy the files from it via:
Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/image
mount -o loop /path/to/blob.APP /mnt/image
The kernel is in blob.LNX and you need boot tools to extract the ramdisk, etc.

hey jermaine151, i just wanted to say it's nice to see a familiar dev here. loved your work over on the Inc forum!

--chemical1der

Thanks Bud! It's good to see some of my Dinc alumni over here. :)

Reactions: Turge

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
I used the latest blobtools from here to unpack / repack: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21620550&postcount=24

Make sure to use the -s switch when you go to pack a blob. The prime needs the blob to be signed. You can take the stock update from Asus and do this in linux:
Code:
blobunpack blob_name
That will extract the different partitions. The system files are in blob.APP which is an ext4 image file. You can mount it in linux and copy the files from it via:
Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/image
mount -o loop /path/to/blob.APP /mnt/image
The kernel is in blob.LNX and you need boot tools to extract the ramdisk, etc.

Thanks Bud! It's good to see some of my Dinc alumni over here. :)

Great instructions. I was able to extract the files. Thanks again.

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
Funny you should say that. I'm trying to boot AOKP now (and failing) but it's in the works. :)

Woot. I i'll flash anything for the hell of it for fun :p (was one of the guys in the irc with Diamondback patiently flashing things to our prime for him since his is bricked :/ actually bricked my prime because he didnt have your kernel flashing script yet but we found brick #3 soln )

Just glad to see development.

good work

everal

Sep 25, 2008
hello,

can i flash this version to locked bootloader (original status)...
becouse version 9.4.2.15 is not published for download....

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After some hours of learning the Asus blob system, I have finally got the latest OTA packaged properly.

Thanks to the Virtuous Team for their updater-script that I started with.

If you download this, please click "thanks" for the chances I took on bricking my device to make this for us.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device due to flashing this.

That said, I am writing this post on my prime which is running this firmware and working well.

screenshot2012022612090.jpg

This ROM is completely stock 9.4.2.15 except for:

• Rooted
    • Insecure Boot.img (Allows the system to be mounted writable)
    • ADB debugging enabled (Allows running logcat if needed)

Instructions

• Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
    • Shut down the prime
    • Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
    • Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
    • The device now boots into your CWM recovery
    • Make a backup of your current ROM
    • Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (Optional but highly recommended)
    • Then flash the rom zip as usual
    • Then flash the Accounts & Sync fix zip as usual

Download

9.4.2.15 Full Rom
    MD5: e1af5c2386fcf972b238a94fac291cad
    Hey,
    once we got some successful kernel flash reports, do you mind if I take a look at your updater-script for the kernel thing?

No, I don't mind at all.
    I have some bugs to work out before I post it, but.... this is what I'm working on:

screenshot2012022719050.png

:)
    Reserved for me...
    If it is real stock Asus go Settings>Asus parameters and you'll see screenshot option. It seems Asus has removed standard ICS screenshot (Vol Down + Power)

On my stock rom (which I borked) I would just hold down the recent apps button.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium