[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

Search This thread

dknotty

May 29, 2011
Happy new year everyone!

I've just installed this ROM, looks good so far. Question... I feel like a noob asking this but how do I find the external SD Card on the CyanogenMod File Manager? It seems to have vanished!

G

GuestK00225

Happy new year everyone!

I've just installed this ROM, looks good so far. Question... I feel like a noob asking this but how do I find the external SD Card on the CyanogenMod File Manager? It seems to have vanished!

You need to go into the settings of the file manager and enable it for root access. Then you can look at all folders including your ext SD card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

kdizzleh85

Jun 25, 2012
Seattle
Has bayonet installed cm with twrp and had success. Gonna use cmd and install cwm today. Finally got my PC working but I thought I would ask.

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
Is it possible to make symlinks (using ln -s) on the internal sdcard?

I tried:

1. In -s /mnt/sdcard/Android/data /mnt/sdcard/test
2. In -s /storage/emulated/0/Android/data /storage/emulated/0/test
3. In -s /storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data /storage/emulated/legacy/test

In all three cases, I got "link failed function not implemented".

Can you please help? Thanks

anyone? I ran these commands as root.

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
Only nix partitions support linking, I'm pretty sure that the internal sd card is formatted in some fat format.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

I was looking for something like /etc/fstab as well. I also checked dmesg but nothing there. running df doesn't really tell me the partition type.

not really important. just hoping it is possible. :)

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
I was looking for something like /etc/fstab as well. I also checked dmesg but nothing there. running df doesn't really tell me the partition type.

You run "mount" to see the partition type.

The "internal sdcard" is a FUSE filesystem (filesystem in userspace) that emulates some of the properties of FAT (no permissions, no symlinks, not case sensitive), but using the underlying ext4 filesystem to actually store the files.

Someone could modify this FUSE filesystem to allow symlinks (see Android's platform/system/core.git - sdcard/sdcard.c), or even bind mount the ext4 filesystem directly instead and see what breaks. :)

Reactions: mrjayviper

Davest010

Sep 20, 2012
Reread the op. It states what you need. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Unless I'm missing something, the closest thing in the OP that applies would be this:

"Upgrade to stock ASUS Jellybean bootloader, see here. Flash the WHOLE ROM, not just the BOOTLOADER. This is especially important if you don't have access to your nvflash blobs..."

It first says to upgrade the bootloader, then it says to flash the whole ROM. What's unclear to me is whether this has to be done even if I've already upgraded the bootloader. I don't have nvflash, as I got the ota before unlocking. Do I still have to "flash the WHOLE ROM, not just the BOOTLOADER" even if I already have the new bootloader?

I'm leaning toward assuming that I'm ok, but as it isn't clear to me I just wanted to get verification on that. Thanks!

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
xplodwild and I have been working on the dock all day, we are very close to fixing it, which bring us down to just getting the dock sdcard working and we should be close to getting things wrapped up. :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Zeklandia

Nov 21, 2011
Is it possible to do any of these?:

a) disable backlighting based on screen content
b) have performance mode enabled by default
c) have the option to resort to tablet UI

Sent from my Transformer Infinity

fcsager

Jun 27, 2010
In regards to item C, the UI currently in use in CM 10.1 and Android 4.2 is the new unified UI across all devices using the Android 4.2 platform.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Zeklandia

Nov 21, 2011
In regards to item C, the UI currently in use in CM 10.1 and Android 4.2 is the new unified UI across all devices using the Android 4.2 platform.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but I do not care. It not only looks horrible, but it it is very hard to use when you have it docked.

Sent from my Transformer Infinity

soyusado

Jul 15, 2012
San Salvador
The tablet appears charging even when neither the wall charger or the dock the connected when I'm watching a movie and when I'm playing, on the lock screen it says charging and it gets very hot, almost 41 Celsius.
I'm using latest build and I experienced this in other builds.
EDIT: Logcat http://db.tt/dvHB0ioo

Last edited:

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
The tablet appears charging when I'm watching a movie and when I'm playing, on the lock screen it says charging and it gets very hot, almost 41 Celsius.

With all due respect, this really is useless. I'm not trying be rude at all. Logcat and dmesg please

Last edited:
Reactions: soyusado

soyusado

Jul 15, 2012
San Salvador
The tablet appears charging when I'm watching a movie and when I'm playing, on the lock screen it says charging and it gets very hot, almost 41 Celsius.

With all due respect, this really is useless. I'm not trying be rude at all. Logcat and dmesg please

Just pending the dmseg.
Thanks.

Reactions: dasunsrule32

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012

is that really a problem? seems normal to me since watching a movie would involve CPu especially if upscaling needs to be done. and charging always makes my devices warmer (including my iDevices and HTC OneX).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** DON'T FLASH THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH DATA LOSS, INSTABILITY, RABID DOGS EATING YOUR CAT, OR SPACE ALIENS STARING AT YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! ***

*** If you like this post and can't donate to the cause, then hit thanks! ***

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Credits:
    • Steve Kondik and the amazing CM team
    • See here for more contributors
    • And the many testers and contributors not listed above, including: thunderger, jaybob413, Everett Coleman, Pretoriano80, untermensch, Jorge Ruesga, Richard Huynh and others I probably forgot

*** Backup your data before continuing! ***

What works:
    • Audio
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Accelerometer
    • Gyroscope
    • Compass
    • Touchscreen
    • HDMI
    • Microphone
    • USB host
    • Dock
    • Cameras
    • Encryption

Known issues:
    • Netflix has issues after pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding. (libomxplayer.so) It's an ASUS issue at this point. (FIXED? Please confirm, I'm not seeing these issues anymore)
    • screenrecord is broken, codecs issue (OMX doesn't support virtual displays, we only have 4.2 blobs, will not be fixed, unless Asus releases KitKat for our devices)
    • You tell us...

*** Backup your data before continuing! ***

Instructions (README, A LOT!!!!!!):
    • Make sure your device is unlocked. Grab the unlock utility here, under Others -> Utilities
    • (If you're on stock 4.2.x, skip this step) Install the 10.6.1.14.4 or greater bootloader for your variant, see here for more information.
    • Download Clockwork Recovery (TWRP has issues with KitKat, be forewarned): Standard | Touch
    • Download CM11.0
    • Download GAPPS
    • Place the cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip and gapps-kk-YYYYMMDD-signed.zip on your sdcard of your slate
    • Reboot to the bootloader: Power off slate, then: Power + Volume -. Hit Volume - until you hit the USB symbol, then hit Volume +.
    • Flash Clockwork Recovery instructions: Standard | Touch
    • ^^ BACKUP YOUR DATA!
    • Next, Wipe Data Factory Reset (ONLY NECESSARY IF COMING FROM ASUS stock ROM or something other than CM10.2!!!)
    • Then 'install zip from sdcard', 'choose zip from internal sdcard', then install the cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip.
    • Then install gapps-kk-YYYYMMDD-signed.zip.
    • Go back to the main menu and Reboot Now.

Upgrading builds:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Install cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip
    • Reboot
    • or use built in cmupdater

If you run into issues outside the 'Known issues', please post a logcat.

You will need the adb binary on your computer (Windows, Mac or Linux):

Code:
    adb logcat > logcat.txt

If are get a hard lock and have to reset, please pull the /proc/last_kmsg and post it after you are booted again.

Code:
    adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

Please do not report on ANY known issues!!!

Help? Click here...

Donate to the devs:
    dasunsrule32 - (Google Wallet - atechols@gmail.com or PayPal)
    jruesga

Source(s), Gerrit and Changelog:

Source(s):
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_tf700t/tree/cm-11.0
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_tf700t/tree/cm-11.0

Gerrit ( Submitting patches/fixes ):
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_using_gerrit ( When submitting a patch, please use this group vs adding myself and individual devs: Transformer Team )

Changelog:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/tf700t/

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
    dasunsrule32, jruesga
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader 10.6.1.14.4 or above
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 11.0-M9

Created 2013-10-01
    Last Updated 2014-08-13
    Ok guys, here's the deal. We are ready to push out all the changes. I've got the kernel done, bootloaders packaged and the necessary changes for blobs and device tree.

PLEASE NOTE, THIS BOOTLOADER WORKS FINE WITH THE OLD KERNEL.

So, what do you need to do? Simple:

1. Flash the bootloader for your device variant in TWRP or CWM:

ww: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4007
    us: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4006

1a. Flash via fastboot if you want, use the fastboot line associated with your build:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash staging ww_bootloaderblob
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash staging us_bootloaderblob

ww: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4009
    us: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4008

2. Reboot.

3. Flash the next nightly.

4. Reboot

5. Done

Make sure you get the new bootloader flashed immediately, or you may be bootlooping like a mad man on your next nightly. ;)
    Guys, I've been pondering this for sometime now. I think I'm going to be taking a break for awhile.

I'm tired and fried, I don't see a reason to do this for now. It seems my jobs, plus this are to much right now. If I get some time, I'll do what I can.

Work has been putting more responsibility on my shoulders, and I've been tasked with several high level projects over the last couple months and going forward.

In shorter words, I'm too busy for this now. Thanks for all the help and support.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Ok guys, the new nightlies should be starting tonight. So keep an eye out. Thanks for all the support!!!

Please try to keep this thread clean, I want as much relevant information in it as possible. Please use the Thanks and Donate button(s)/links to say Thank you!!!!
    Ok guys, here's the word. We are switching over to cm10.1 on the nightlies. You should be fine in just upgrading over cm10 -> cm10.1. If you have issues, you know the drill. I'll change the OP around and edit the thread title when I get a chance. I'm too tired to do this tonight.

See this commit for the changeover.

Make to grab the cm10.1 gapps, then flash the latest nightly.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE LATEST CWM 6.0.1.9 from the OP. That has support for the multiple user profiles if you so choose to use them and for Pete's sake, BACKUP!

Beyond that enjoy. See my Google+ post for what is up with issues, etc. Hit that thanks button or donate ( :silly: )