Amazfit Pace new official ROM 2.8

Search This thread

macminer

Jun 4, 2009
Silesia
I've just got a notification that a new official international firmware for my Pace is available: 2.8.05. It downloaded OK (with some glitches, but luckily downloader resumes after a "fail", does not start from scratch every time) and has just been installed on my watch.

I am curious what is really new and what just a bug fix. The high version number of firmware might mean major upgrade.

The upgrade adds additional languages, but requires new pairing, that is "scan the QR code" procedure. I wonder if this is really necessary?

Obviously, this pairing procedure wiped my custom watch faces, but retained music and gpx files.

Otherwise, firmware looks stable after a couple of minutes of usage and checking.
New "apps":
Disconnect Alert
Standup Alert (on/off)

New activities:
Tennis
Soccer
Run indoor

Last edited:

moinmoin666

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks! I am waiting for the Update. No Updates available yet. Which Model do you use? A1612? Which was your Last Firmware before the Update? And Last but not least, where do you come from?

MetalFatigue

Feb 21, 2010
Well the change log was really full of things. It was the biggest I have seen since I bought the watch last August. Besides the things you mentioned it told about new heart rate models and optimization, multiple optimizations of the user interface for speed, battery, etc. new official face watches, new menu with activity history and a couple of other things that I cannot remember right now.

rockabilly

Mar 1, 2005
...that notification get me this days. But download ends with error. My Pace ist on 1.3.6 d (Germany) 20180705_164050.jpeg

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

macminer

Jun 4, 2009
Silesia
Thanks! I am waiting for the Update. No Updates available yet. Which Model do you use? A1612? Which was your Last Firmware before the Update? And Last but not least, where do you come from?

My last firmware was 1.3.6 (international) and the model is A1612. My current location is Poland.

One more observation - this update wiped my side-loaded apps (while previous ones didn't).

guy2

Dec 9, 2006
I am wondering why no update notification on my pace. Is it because of bootloader unlock?

babaroga73

Jul 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco F3
New "apps":
Disconnect Alert
Standup Alert (on/off)

Disconnect alert ?

Is this what I requested them to do ? Could this be?

I found it most useful on my former Alcatel WatchGo , it's for when you forget your phone and bluetooth disconnects, it said "Don't forget your phone!"

Literally saved me from leaving phone on car hood in the middle of crowded area! (I was carrying stuff, and yeah I know I'm a moron)
Is this - that ?

anox

Feb 18, 2006
Disconnect alert ?

Is this what I requested them to do ? Could this be?

I found it most useful on my former Alcatel WatchGo , it's for when you forget your phone and bluetooth disconnects, it said "Don't forget your phone!"

Literally saved me from leaving phone on car hood in the middle of crowded area! (I was carrying stuff, and yeah I know I'm a moron)
Is this - that ?

Then, you may like one of PaceOn app's features. Bluetooth disconnection alert has been available for a long while and can run on any rom version. It doesn't even need any app running on your phone. :)

MetalFatigue

Feb 21, 2010
After some using I this update as it seems most things are better (even battery, but not sure), but there are some things that got worst. First the sports menu is sluggish compared to all other menus. Secondly I cannot find the menu where it states for how long my watch has gone without charging, etc. It was nice info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've just got a notification that a new official international firmware for my Pace is available: 2.8.05. It downloaded OK (with some glitches, but luckily downloader resumes after a "fail", does not start from scratch every time) and has just been installed on my watch.

I am curious what is really new and what just a bug fix. The high version number of firmware might mean major upgrade.

The upgrade adds additional languages, but requires new pairing, that is "scan the QR code" procedure. I wonder if this is really necessary?

Obviously, this pairing procedure wiped my custom watch faces, but retained music and gpx files.

Otherwise, firmware looks stable after a couple of minutes of usage and checking.
    New "apps":
    Disconnect Alert
    Standup Alert (on/off)

New activities:
    Tennis
    Soccer
    Run indoor
    its a 10% deploy only, not everybody will get it now, it will be randomly deployed only to 10 percent of all pace users.
    this update looks so cool . waiting patiently ....not so patiently

Don't hold your breath. Got 2.8.1.0 earlier this week. All sports activities are still inaccurate. Example - HR is way off, when true HR is 145 the watch is showing 107. After 25 minutes of indoor activity (Run Indoor,Elliptical Trainer, Indoor Cycling) it starts showing near true HR. Distance is still off by a large margin. Outdoor activities are the same, with GPS distance measurements still inaccurate. I took a short 10 minute break during Run activity and was standing still, the distance counter was still moving forward. All of these were measured against a Nike chest strap and an Apple watch 3, both of which showed the same data with a difference of less than 1% between them. The last accurate ROM as far as sports activities was before 1.3.6.

My watch is now obsolete. I have been in regular correspondence with Amazfit support since March, their consistent message has been that they are aware of the issues, that they have found the bug and are working on it and that I should wait rather than send device back to vendor. The Support agent has received error reports and screen shots from me, and claimed to have passed them to developers.

I would not advise opening a session with support using Watch/App, as you will not have a copy of correspondence. I suggest to contact support only by direct mail and then provide them with Error reports and data from Watch/App after you have mail confirmation of receipt from service agent.
    2.8.3.0 seems a bit smoother to me for now, screen is a bit more responsive and animations stutter less. Haven't had time to test the location app yet, so I'm not sure of its functionality. AmazMod and greatfit seem to be working fine. Nothing needed to be re-setup.