Superboot - HTC One root solution [requires s-off]

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
[Edit: This requires s-off currently.]

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: ab9dc381d81f91ce311bd021339b5577
How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

• Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
  • Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' button pressed to enter the bootloader (see note below)
  • WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
  • MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
  • LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'
Note: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device before you can enter bootloader mode - use the htcdev site to do this.

P

Last edited:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Re: Superboot - HTC One root solution

Best question yet : Does it work with bootloader locked (out-of-the-box)? That way we can backup with Titanium before applying a custom rom?

Thanks!

You could potentially attempt to use tacoroot (universal HTC exploit) and backup your entire /system/app and /data/app folder and then post all of that up so people can get it after they unlock bootloader
But other than that, unless you can find a security exploit that allows you to inject root, then no

battletank

Jun 22, 2005
London

Doesn't Carbon backup offer a non-root option?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

miniudavid

Aug 5, 2011
AW: Superboot - HTC One root solution

I think the most importend question is if you can get root without HTC dev from this..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ksarius

Dec 13, 2012

Anyone successful yet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

fackamato

Aug 10, 2010
Unlocked boot loader, ran the script. The only thing it did was wipe the phone. No root in sight.

Team hammer

Dec 19, 2012
Belfast
no good ?????

im just about to root my one and im looking the easiest way 2 do it, not 2 sure if this even works because no1 has said yet, does any1 no of any videos to help rooting it, cheers

Matt

Feb 4, 2012
Nottingham, UK
So at the moment the HTC One cannot be rooted. Correct?

I don't have permission to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2139274

No, it can be rooted. Use the toolkit, or do it manually like you should be xD

Toolkit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183942
Manually (if you wanna have some fun): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182792

Also, have more respect for this forum (not saying me, just everyone in general), the link in your signature links to a website of fools who clearly haven't used XDA properly imho.

Last edited:

fackamato

Aug 10, 2010
No, it can be rooted. Use the toolkit, or do it manually like you should be xD

Toolkit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183942
Manually (if you wanna have some fun): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182792

Also, have more respect for this forum (not saying me, just everyone in general), the link in your signature links to a website of fools who clearly haven't used XDA properly imho.

Thanks, just rooted, CWM installed, working fine.

Yes, the link in my sig is for all the fools in a forum I used to be in (gt i9000), every day there would be a new "ROM" with "super tweaks, battery saves, ultra super mod" etc, where the only difference would be a theme and some settings changed. I.e., not a real ROM. Kids.

charleyspain

Oct 10, 2011
Salisbury
HTC One Supeboot root

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

• Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' button pressed to enter the bootloader (see note below)
  • MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
  • LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'
Note: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device before you can enter bootloader mode - use the htcdev site to do this.

P

OK Paul my HTC bootloader is unlocked by HTC method. I can get to the Recovery and want to install your Superboot but the options are diferent to what i have seen on the Galaxy S. On the HTC One the options for recovery are 'apply from SD.....' etc there doesn't seem to be an option for 'Install from SD.......'
I am quiet new to rooting phones and don't fully understand the tech jargon but it's a learning curve eh!.

Perhaps you could be kind enough to help me root my HTC One.

Dont mind at all getting my hands dirty.

Have a good day.:cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Edit: This requires s-off currently.]

P
    Without messing the data partition? Damn. Should had this before last friday. Any way for getting back calculator, teeter, torchlight, sound recorder and ringtone trimmer?
    Confusing posts!

OP has told us that this tool does not work.

Are you using a different root method in which case you should ask on the appropriate thread?

If it's Superboot then it isn't working.

Well I actually ended using some things from this post :)

I've managed to root my device but in the process I though I have killed my device and I almost cried LOL xD...

I will post a new guide as soon as I can with the steps I've followed but with a HUGE warning so people who can't root through the regular method can use the one I've followed.
    Basically what I did was to flash the recovery to the boot partition

It might be better to flash the recovery to the recovery partition instead :p

Maybe hold off posting your tutorial. There are lots on here already that won't get people into trouble.
    Should be updated in the OP, as the OP says it only needs an unlocked bootloader.
    Of course because apparently people can't read through a few posts in a thread before trying something with their new phone.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

@Paul - It's not volume up to enter bootloader, it's volume down ;)