1,297 posts
Thanks Meter: 267

By sauprankul, Senior Member on 12th June 2013, 09:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th June 2013, 09:25 PM |#21  
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 261

More
What an odd issue. I have never seen anything like it. I'll do some research and report back if I find anything.
17th June 2013, 04:07 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Same problem happened to me cm10.1 and everything my phone died and then I plugged it in and nothing no charge no led no bootloader mode no button combination worked under the light trick nothing ended up paying fifty bucks for a replacement

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex1123 Ad-Free
19th June 2013, 03:34 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
If anybody else has this issue, please post here or here with an explanation of your setup and precursors to the event.
The Following User Says Thank You to sauprankul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sauprankul Ad-Free
22nd June 2013, 04:54 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2295374

Also talking about it there too ^

Seems to be a CM thing, its FRYING PHONES. I'm going to take mine to Sprint, one poster said they gave him a new phone off of warrant yso that makes me feel better :P

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWzrd

i knew there was something going on here, between cm10.1 and the sprint htc one ? sure makes me wonder, i've been on my replacement for nearly 2 weeks now running stock rooted with s-off. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2310750

May I ask what you got your replacement through? Sprint or HTC?

Also I don't have enough posts to post in development -_-
28th June 2013, 11:38 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Well, f*** my life. Somehow, HTC was able to tell that I had an "illegal" OS on the phone. No friggin' clue how they could tell.
I don't think it was by getting into the bootloader, though. There's probably some kind of black box on the phone that is specifically meant to snitch.

And guess what the quote is?

$200.00

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do?

Anyways, just a heads up. If you root your phone, no matter what, HTC will be able to tell.
29th June 2013, 12:22 AM |#26  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Well dont run AOSP's until source is released. Use sense roms for now. Also you shouldnt have sent it to htc, you should have went to a sprint repair center.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium
29th June 2013, 03:02 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Lol I won't be rooting for a while.
But the guy was able to tell I was running a custom OS. He must have been able to get into the bootloader somehow. Maybe we can too. Maybe the SIM tray was the answer?
29th June 2013, 03:29 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

Well, f*** my life. Somehow, HTC was able to tell that I had an "illegal" OS on the phone. No friggin' clue how they could tell.
I don't think it was by getting into the bootloader, though. There's probably some kind of black box on the phone that is specifically meant to snitch.

And guess what the quote is?

$200.00

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do?

Anyways, just a heads up. If you root your phone, no matter what, HTC will be able to tell.

They probably came up with this because to unlock u do it via HTC so they know u unlocked ur bootloader and if u got bricked that can just assume u did something. Roms are illegal os its still android

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
29th June 2013, 07:30 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Is there any direct relationship between the device and the token? I forgot. Would this be visible in a bricked phone?

I didn't give them the same email for both (I think) HTCdev and customer service.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm 10.1, hard brick, htc one sprint, m7wls, twrp 2.5.0.0

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)