Thanks Meter: 267

By sauprankul, Senior Member on 3rd August 2013, 02:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2013, 04:15 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
@porksandwich
That sounds awesome. Can you tell me how your experience was before the LTE upgrade in your area?
4th August 2013, 04:20 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
I think I'm just gonna flash a Verizon PRL and use that for as long as I can, with no intention to get kicked. If I do, great, but can I take my family with me?
I don't wanna root my family's phones. Just mine. I don't wanna sign up for an individual plan. I'd rather port all 3 numbers to AT&T immediately.
4th August 2013, 05:20 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

I think I'm just gonna flash a Verizon PRL and use that for as long as I can, with no intention to get kicked. If I do, great, but can I take my family with me?
I don't wanna root my family's phones. Just mine. I don't wanna sign up for an individual plan. I'd rather port all 3 numbers to AT&T immediately.

You get like 300 mb of roaming ... Also if you put your phone to roam and you happen to get 4g lte calls don't work

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to NORCALkID For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NORCALkID Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 08:00 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORCALkID

You get like 300 mb of roaming ... Also if you put your phone to roam and you happen to get 4g lte calls don't work

300 megs? Pah. I can use that in like a week if I want to. I'm just apprehensive because I don't wanna be hit with charges or get a sudden termination with no time to port or only have my line disconnected, instead of the whole family. Seriously, doesn't anyone know if any of that will happen?
About the LTE thing... Can I just turn off LTE? I don't need it as long as I have decent 3G.
4th August 2013, 06:39 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:

300 megs? Pah. I can use that in like a week if I want to. I'm just apprehensive because I don't wanna be hit with charges or get a sudden termination with no time to port or only have my line disconnected, instead of the whole family. Seriously, doesn't anyone know if any of that will happen?
About the LTE thing... Can I just turn off LTE? I don't need it as long as I have decent 3G.

U can set phone to cdma only and use roam. It's not 300 megs people use way over than that roaming

4th August 2013, 06:46 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311

U can set phone to cdma only and use roam. It's not 300 megs people use way over than that roaming

Yeah. OK.
But I probably won't do this until somebody tells me my whole family will get disconnected. And I see more successful reports.
4th August 2013, 07:23 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311

Just remembered thanks to that guy mentioning roaming. Apperently people in the past people would flash a Verizon prl that would allow them access to their 3g service by forcing roam. After a while sprint would message them via a letter or something telling them they are excessively roam and their account will be terminated. This was a method that some were using to get out of their sprint contracts without having to pay the etf. Although this is morally indecent so it is up to u to try it. I don't know how the results for u will come out though since u just opened ur account just tossing it out there

This.

If you use the "roam only" option (found in almost all custom roms) you could more easily exceed your data roaming limit, placing you on Sprint 's radar for free early termination.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
4th August 2013, 07:50 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Does Roam control work without root on the One?
If that works, then I'll be all set because I can install it on all my family's phones, and not have to root them. Then, I'll be sure that all of my lines will get disconnected.
4th August 2013, 09:00 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Are you on a family share plan? If so I would imagine you could just root your phone and if they cancel your contract, all of your family's phones would be included and that way you could take your whole family with you to AT&T or whichever provider you want.

4th August 2013, 09:26 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by res0prw2

Are you on a family share plan? If so I would imagine you could just root your phone and if they cancel your contract, all of your family's phones would be included and that way you could take your whole family with you to AT&T or whichever provider you want.

That's what I'm thinking too. But I may actually read the contract (eek) to see the details about fees and grace period.
4th August 2013, 09:40 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Quote:

Yeah. OK.
But I probably won't do this until somebody tells me my whole family will get disconnected. And I see more successful reports.

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by res0prw2

No actually only the line that is roaming will get the boot... Trust me there are no extra charges. Sprint tells us its unlimited so they can't charge you. I was on a family plan and only my line was disconnected. I would do well over 300 MB tho.. I mean I was doing about 1gb a night. And u could make calls just fine you just need to put in the area code first and I don't believe it's possible to roam on Verizon 4g so idk what the other guy is talking about not being able to make calls. Also they give you 1 month notice before they disconnect you they won't just do it suddenly. You also get many reminders from them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I'll post my letter later tonight

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to gmfeny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gmfeny Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)