FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

For those of you who say the 800 won't be much better...

1,297 posts
Thanks Meter: 267
 
By sauprankul, Senior Member on 6th August 2013, 10:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Andro...3/hFB1pGyte7c/

See if the link works guys. Apparently the 800 will have native support for the Always Listening feature. There will be no escaping it.
However, I'm sure not all OEMs will end up implementing that feature. What do you think?
6th August 2013, 11:00 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Ah, I really want that feature. One of the things I miss from my 4s was going directly to siri from the screen off.

Not a huge deal breaker though.
6th August 2013, 11:19 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neswii

Ah, I really want that feature. One of the things I miss from my 4s was going directly to siri from the screen off.

Not a huge deal breaker though.

There is something about your phone always listening that may make some people hesitant.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to numus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift numus Ad-Free
6th August 2013, 11:34 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 291
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neswii

Ah, I really want that feature. One of the things I miss from my 4s was going directly to siri from the screen off.

Not a huge deal breaker though.

I don't think the 4s had always listening. I'm pretty sure u have to activate Siri

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium
6th August 2013, 11:45 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311

I don't think the 4s had always listening. I'm pretty sure u have to activate Siri

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

Right. It wasn't (isn't) touch less. You could, however, access Siri directly from the lock screen.
6th August 2013, 11:46 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numus

There is something about your phone always listening that may make some people hesitant.

Unless you really have a lot to hide, you shouldn't be too scared of this, so long as you don't frequently yell your social security number and your credit card pin.
The Following User Says Thank You to sauprankul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sauprankul Ad-Free
6th August 2013, 11:46 PM |#7  
CNexus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 14,053
 
Donate to Me
More
1 word for all of you paranoid folk: custom kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CNexus Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 12:42 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

1 word for all of you paranoid folk: custom kernels.

That's 2.
7th August 2013, 01:23 AM |#9  
CNexus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 14,053
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

That's 2.

I meant to write phrase you troll
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CNexus Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 02:15 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Lol I am not even close to a conspiracy theorist... I just think this would be worse than pocket dialing ... Your microphone can be turned on on any phone st any time unless you pull the battery ... That is known fact
Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
7th August 2013, 02:47 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numus

Lol I am not even close to a conspiracy theorist... I just think this would be worse than pocket dialing ... Your microphone can be turned on on any phone st any time unless you pull the battery ... That is known fact
Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

What does that even mean? lol
You specifically have to say "OK Google now" to turn on active listening.
When do you say anything even close? "Hello mooing cow!"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes