FORUMS

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,424

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
23rd August 2013, 10:08 AM |#581  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
installed, but can't get into any of the recoveries after boot...there's no green led lights on, any clue?
25th August 2013, 07:24 AM |#582  
Flag bandung
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

Known Issues:
All known issues in TWRP and CWM on locked boot loaders apply, see their respective threads for more information.

Be especially careful with the cache partition when using CWM. Hopefully version 2.0 solved the cache issues but in case of problems with /cache use the FTF in my files to restore the cache partition if yours ever stops mounting due to the CWM issues, read this and this for more info on that.

TWRP Usage warning: It seems TWRP 2.5.0.0 has issues with the internal storage, which seem related to the changes made to support encrypted storage volumes... This means the internal storage sometimes shows up almost empty (just folders) and no files. Try to use CWM when that happens.

Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

exFAT Warning: If you are using an exFAT formatted sdcard there are 2 things to take in to account: CWM currently does not know how to handle them at all. In TWRP it could be that it can't mount it, though it can use it: you need to eject the card and reinsert it, you will be able to mount and use it afterwards.

Frequently Asked Questions:

This is about TWRP 2.6 and the use of INTERNAL STORAGE:

A workaround for this issue is to use TWRP's advanced options, after creating a backup you wish to move to the PC:

1. go back to the main menu
  2. go to advanced
  3. go to filemanager
  4. navigate to /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/*SERIAL*/*BACKUPNAME*
  5. select one of the backup files
  6. press chmod button (the one without 755)
  7. type 0664 and press go
  8. repeat 5->7 for each of the files in the backup, you can skip boot and the md5 files.
  9. reboot to system and you should be able to copy the files without problems.

Alternatively you can install adbd Insecure by @Chainfire (non-free app from Play, or for free from it's XDA thread) and run ADBd itself as root, which elevates the rights and omits the issue all together.

I think it's a feature and not a bug (as it secures your backups), but I'll try to convince Team Win to make the setuid/setguid a choice rather then a default.

please create for xperia L !
25th August 2013, 01:58 PM |#583  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwillknow

installed, but can't get into any of the recoveries after boot...there's no green led lights on, any clue?

try this way. in this thread too.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=43974375

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
25th August 2013, 11:17 PM |#584  
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwillknow

Same here. I ran the script, but my tablet locked in reboot. I don't know if I should run a second time or if there is an issue with the busy box. This certainly isn't as easy as it was too root and install a custom Rom on my Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1.

Thanks for all the work guys.
27th August 2013, 01:30 AM |#585  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 420

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiefadillah99

please create for xperia L !

+1
28th August 2013, 10:16 AM |#586  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YudiA1

try this way. in this thread too.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=43974375

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium

can't resolve the issue...still can't get into the recovery

anyone else can help?
31st August 2013, 02:04 AM |#587  
Flag US
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Does the 10min reboot problem with the Xperia Z Ultra has been resolved?, thanks
31st August 2013, 10:48 AM |#588  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Info 2 Mac install
Anyone got any idea how to install On a Mac??
9th September 2013, 03:32 AM |#589  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I'm having an issue where, running the exe for SuperSU, it gets to the "press any key to continue AFTER granting root access" part. No notification or anything shows up on my phone. What do I do now?

EDIT: Um. Nevermind, lol. I guess SuperSU already accepted it somehow and its all good.
10th September 2013, 08:58 PM |#590  
India
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Already faced a bootloop issue when i try to flash TWRP 2.4.3.0 touch recovery v2 in to my xperia z running on 10.3.1.A.0.244 i think this is the latest my question is will i face the same bootloop issue again if i try to flash this dual recovery ?

any help will be great
11th September 2013, 09:56 AM |#591  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe
Thanks Meter: 10,424

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [A|iENN]

Already faced a bootloop issue when i try to flash TWRP 2.4.3.0 touch recovery v2 in to my xperia z running on 10.3.1.A.0.244 i think this is the latest my question is will i face the same bootloop issue again if i try to flash this dual recovery ?

any help will be great

Bootloops are rare... But I won't be able to guarantee it won't happen...

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread