FORUMS

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,424

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
5th January 2014, 09:27 AM |#981  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 4,006

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja

Small. Query... Can this be flashed on a Xperia. ZL (6502)? Thanks....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

Its in the currently supported Xperia models from OP so why not try it?
Edit: flashable zip or installer are right there on the download site
Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to shoey63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shoey63 Ad-Free
5th January 2014, 01:12 PM |#982  
Flag Escobar
Thanks Meter: 431

Donate to Me
More
The RIC killer is only for unlocked bootloader, right?

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 02:13 PM |#983  
Thanks Meter: 630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocchiararo

The RIC killer is only for unlocked bootloader, right?

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk

No, it's for locked

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 02:30 PM |#984  
Flag Escobar

Donate to Me
More
I don't want to say that you broke my phone again, so... , let's just say that I broke it again flashing your recoveries

I am on romaur.

I was never able to flash/boot your 4.3, so I went with that one. I failed many times getting your recoveries back then (.57 to .60) to work with it (I always ended semi rooted and with no recovery).
I had to go with the recovery linked in the rom's thread ( http://devhost.xda-developers.com/4SM)

I now made a nandroid, and flashed your New recovery (if I ended up with no recovery, I could just go back to an older rom, root/recovery it and nandroid back.

Since I rebooted and got into recovery, I made a new nandroid (including TA, the old recovery did not get that), and got rid of the old one.

Now when I reboot the phone shows the green led, then yellow, then stays at the Sony logo vibrating and showing the green led briefly.

I tried deleting the xzdualrecovery folder and also flashing the old recovery. (reverse order tho)
With the old one, it vibrates differently, shows no yellow led before the vibration Craziness, and I think of can get to recovery without powering down and waiting for the first green led, but that's it.
I am back on the new one and charging with a dock connector cable, will wait for ideas (I could get you logs maybe, using the external SD, file Explorer and a card reader for my nexus 7)

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 03:35 PM |#985  
Flag Escobar

Donate to Me
More
I now tried deleting the folder and flashing the old recovery and still the same issue.

I can confirm that the old one keeps flashing the green led like it does the first time and I can enter recovery anytime, the new one does the green, yellow, super fast Green forever and I have to power it off

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 05:03 PM |#986  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I now tried deleting the folder and flashing the old recovery and still the same issue.

I can confirm that the old one keeps flashing the green led like it does the first time and I can enter recovery anytime, the new one does the green, yellow, super fast Green forever and I have to power it off

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk

can you use any FTF you have to wipe cache and take out your SD card to put it in the card reader to be able to delete the XZDR.prop file?

What you are experiencing is a bootloop caused by the stock ramdisk, which is not supposed to fire at all unless your XZDR.prop file is still the old format...
5th January 2014, 06:27 PM |#987  
Flag Escobar

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

can you use any FTF you have to wipe cache and take out your SD card to put it in the card reader to be able to delete the XZDR.prop file?

What you are experiencing is a bootloop caused by the stock ramdisk, which is not supposed to fire at all unless your XZDR.prop file is still the old format...

I did delete de file from recovery (I can actually get into recovery, just not into the os), will try also wiping cache

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Tried wiping dalvik and cache and deleting the whole folder, still same issue, green led, yellow led, quick green led loop.

Why would the ram disk be the issue if it still happens in the old recovery (albeit, in a different way)

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 07:26 PM |#988  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I did delete de file from recovery (I can actually get into recovery, just not into the os), will try also wiping cache

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Tried wiping dalvik and cache and deleting the whole folder, still same issue, green led, yellow led, quick green led loop.

Why would the ram disk be the issue if it still happens in the old recovery (albeit, in a different way)

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk

From recovery remove /system/bin/ramdisk.stock.cpio.lzma and try to boot...
5th January 2014, 08:13 PM |#989  
Flag Escobar

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

From recovery remove /system/bin/ramdisk.stock.cpio.lzma and try to boot...

Without that, there is no yellow led, but still, quick green led loop. (already tried wiping caches and removing the prop file).

Am I alone on this? .66 is fine for the rest?

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 08:47 PM |#990  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, CWM stopped working (Red led) in version 2.7.66. TWRP is normal. I used the ZL-lockeddualrecovery2.7.66-BETA.flashable.zip file.
Then removed and installed using dual-ZL-locked recovery2.7.66 BETA.installer.zip, and the problem is still in CWM, TWRP works normally.

EDIT: Deleted XZDR.prop, problem solved. CWM and TWRP working.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosi Labres For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rosi Labres Ad-Free
5th January 2014, 10:12 PM |#991  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Without that, there is no yellow led, but still, quick green led loop. (already tried wiping caches and removing the prop file).

Am I alone on this? .66 is fine for the rest?

Nexus 7 - Tapatalk

Just a hunch: rename /system/bin/chargemon.stock to chargemon.off and try to boot again...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread