MetroUI Beta 6 BroBot175 ICS [9/4/12]

Search This thread

MDMonster

Dec 21, 2010
How about the iconia a100. I tried and it started to install the. zip then failed :(

Iconia A100 running ICS! :D

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
Ok I got it working. For whatever reason sometimes the zip file won't install. It gives some error and won't go through. I wiped data/cache/dalvik and formatted system (probably an overreaction but I was having other unrelated issues that wiping fixed as well). Then I flashed the rom (task 14) and then the zip WITHOUT letting the tablet boot up. I think that's what did it for me because previously I would flash the rom, let it reboot and then boot into cwm and flash the theme. Maybe I'm crazy but now it's working.

Thanks again. I'm really pleased so far.

thanks ill tell others about this and see if it was just a one off

How about the iconia a100. I tried and it started to install the. zip then failed :(

wierd as it runs on the a500
try the method above but make sure you make a backup :)

Carmody

Dec 8, 2007
Hi,

I can't install the VillainICSMetroUIB5FLASHME.zip file.
It gives me an error in CWM (tried with rogue too, but I still got the error).
I am running Revolution HD 3.0.0 (don't know if it can have impact what rom I am running).

What could I do ?

Thanks for your help

justj03

Oct 20, 2010
Seattle
Another no-install

So I installed the slim version of Task14 and without letting the system reboot, I tried to flash the Honeycomb setup. But I get the error code 0 (I think) and it aborts. Any other suggestions? Should I wipe cache after ROM install but before flashing the zip or something?

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
meh this villain thing worked for a while but its wayy too tempermental
ill go back to making zips for each tab

kindlefireman

Apr 6, 2012
So i themed my kindle fire successfully 'its amazing. thanks! I want permission to write a guide haha!

c_3Vt63a16hF35TL-O4269MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0

HSun78kamzw68YjOVam13NMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0

How did you manage to get it to install on the kindle fire? I have tried and clockwork will not install it and aborts? This would be the perfect UI for the kindle fire and I really would like to give it a try and donate to the developer.

I am using CM7 on my kindle fire if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Keith

A

AMarsden

Hey currently I am running cm7on my kindle fire and was wondering if this would work for me. I jumped back to CM7 because cm9 for the kindle fire doesn't have a kernel supporting ICS. I really love this mod and if isn't compatible with cm7/kindle fire can you please make it happen? Currently I'm using clockwork touch recovery and a CM7 barebones rom.. I would do anything to make this happen! Thank you for your amazing work!

MDMonster

Dec 21, 2010
The picture is a screenshot(ish lol) of my a100 when I try to install, I get that erroor 0 there

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333941991197.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333941991197.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 128
A

AMarsden

ive made one based on cm9 so no but i might make another one for cm7

I do not know anything dealing with the details of porting or writing code but ill a wild guess and say there has to be some similarities between cm7 and cm9. That being said if you make it happen ill donate right away because I know doing this working on on a rom or android doesn't pay the bills.

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
I do not know anything dealing with the details of porting or writing code but ill a wild guess and say there has to be some similarities between cm7 and cm9. That being said if you make it happen ill donate right away because I know doing this working on on a rom or android doesn't pay the bills.

cheers mate ill do it tonight :)
could you give me the thread so i dont do the wrong one

Reactions: kindlefireman

ambertx

Feb 29, 2012
Sydney
Hi mate was looking to try this out on my TF101 running Revolver 4 Beta 1.3 I am also getting the Status 0 installation aborted error.

kindlefireman

Apr 6, 2012
Metro UI for CM7 Kindle Fire

cheers mate ill do it tonight :)
could you give me the thread so i dont do the wrong one

The Metro UI Mod on the Kindle Fire in CM7 would be outstanding and make my tablet complete. I am a games developer and I understand how much coding goes into these type of projects. I will also make a paypal payment to support your development costs.

Great work and thank you.

Keith

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
putting it onto each rom only requires alot of copy and pasting but im making a page on my website for each tab and the hole thing just takes quite a bit of time :p
atm ive done 5 ports to kindly touchpad a500 asus eeepad 1 galaxy tab
each one ive done which i think is the most puplar based on number of views on each thread and ive done the cm7 for the fire
i should be able to release these tonight (cross fingers) and tommrow im gona put up a guid for those who thing they are expereiced enough to port it to thier roms themselves then send me their port and ill put it on the web :)

Reactions: justj03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    full.gif

^^^not what it really looks like but a good representation^^^

Metro UI - Brobot175.co.uk

Ice-Cream Sandwich Version Released

This ICS version is based off the forth milestone of the AOKP builds but please will someone make a nandroid and then tell me if it works on any of the other ICS kangs. Cheers in advance.

Check out website for screenshots and full change log

What is it?

This theme allows you to make your homescreen look like the windows 8 metro. It also themes your notifications pannel and taskbar to fit with the MetroUI.

What is it compatable with?

This theme is compatable with GalaxyTask and Overcome 3G and ICS

Whats to come?

My website is brand new and still in beta so i shall be working on it to clear out any bugs.

I shall add tutorials on how to customize more of the theme like the widgets.

More Widgets.

Any other Bug fixes

News
    [9/4] Beta 6 Released. Got rid of villain as it didnt work
    [5/4] Beta 5 Released. Added support to all honeycomb and ICS tablets.
    Added some more wallpapers
    check out website for full change log
    [26/3] Beta 4 Released. Added ICS support.
    Edited widgets to be compatable with ICS.
    Changed names of widgets so they should be easier to find.
    System Theme for ICS including custom switches to fit the theme.
    [17/3] Beta 3 Released. Changes are icons i made for people added. Email widget added (see website)
    [17/3] I have added the order icons page so you can now request any icons you want
    [17/3] I have bought the domain and hosting with money from donations so now website is more stable and quicker.
    [16/3] Added Support For Overcome 3G

If your tab for any reason goes into a bootloop just flash your ROM again without wipeing anything and it will go back to how you had it

I'm still having problems, even with ICS. I am following instructions clearly. I'll tell you what I did, see if you can see something wrong.

Had Galaxy Task Installed.
    Installed Metro theme (Task version).
    Lost bottom bar.
    Cleared the tab in CWR, cache and davlik.
    Flashed AOKP Wi-Fi from zip in CWR.
    Booted into AOKP, all works fine.
    Went back to CWR, installed Metro AOKP zip.
    Booted back up.

No sign of Metro, just the bottom bar buttons changed (see attachment).

What am I doing wrong?

I lost my bottom bar first time I did this too. I reflashed Galaxy Task, it game back. I reflashed the Metro zip and it came back, looking just like yours. You should also notice the notifications pop up has changed. If you want the "Metro Theme" you have to a do a little bit of grunt work.
    On the developers website, do to the downloads section and scroll down to "Metro UI Tiles". Download the .zip and unzip it to your tablet.
    Download ADW Launcher, or your favorite other launcher if you prefer. This is to customize the homescreens so it slides instead of the honeycomb spin. You can also customize the number of "columns" and "rows" on the homescreen to allocate more space for widgets and icons. The dev recommends setting it to 10x10, the max settings.
    Another way to easily set this up is to use the provided "adw settings" file that comes in the "MetroUITiles.zip". If you place that file into your /root folder, or the first directory of your tablet that has all the other folders, then go into the ADW settings and select "Restore Settings" it will load the developers suggested setup so you don't have to do anything.
    To get the icons, there are a few programs you can use. Desktop Visualizer is a free one on the market that does the job really well. Download it, then hold press on the homescreen, select widget, then select the Desktop Visualizer 4x4 widget. The reason to use this size is so that when you shrink it, it will look clearer, starting with a smaller dimension makes the image blurry. Next you can select the image icon, these are located in the unziped "MetroUITiles" folder in either Big or Small. Next you have to assign the job to the icon, so set it as a shortcut to whatever application you want. Remember to "clear" the icon label so that it doesn't display the label under the icon. Then okay and you have yourself your first tile. You can resize it to fit how you want. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The develop has explained all of this on his website too, I would check it out as it goes over some of the details I skipped.
    I hope this helps.
    Hey there I've made 5 more smalltiles ;)

Goomanager, MX Player, Triple Town, TV Spielfilm and Unrar. Feel free to download it!
    ICS version and B4 released
    Remove screenshot button?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Nothing on the overcome 3g download, when I press nothing show me