Found a tough case at a great price

Search This thread

atown77

Nov 28, 2013
Springtown
Got this case off of EBay delivered for $32. It's called a PEPKOO ULTIMATE. I think Love Me and possibly another company makes some almost identical. They are aluminum with Gorilla glass screen protector, screws together instead of snaps like an Otterbox and doesn't get all the dirt and trash around the sides of the screen. I've been using mine for a month now and thought I would share my review of it. It's tough, cool looking and I have no complaints. Don't forget it was $32.

Attachments

• 20140220_133729.jpg
    20140220_133729.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,826
  • 20140220_133806.jpg
    20140220_133806.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,588
Last edited:

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
From the reviews I have seen, the S-Pen is Damn near impossible to take out, and the sound is horribly muffled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

atown77

Nov 28, 2013
Springtown
I saw after I ordered it about the s-pen complaints and I don't have any trouble. I'm always somewhere the signal is great so that hadn't been an issue. I would have loved the even cheaper priced one but compared to an otterbox, This case is king. I've had an otterbox for every phone I've had in the last 6 years, starting with a blackberry and had to constantly take it apart and clean dirt and dust out of it. I never have to do that with this one. I stand firm and recommend this case or an identical copy over otterbox any day. If I paid $ 40 I would still be satisfied.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Neo3D and Jammol
I saw after I ordered it about the s-pen complaints and I don't have any trouble. I'm always somewhere the signal is great so that hadn't been an issue. I would have loved the even cheaper priced one but compared to an otterbox, This case is king. I've had an otterbox for every phone I've had in the last 6 years, starting with a blackberry and had to constantly take it apart and clean dirt and dust out of it. I never have to do that with this one. I stand firm and recommend this case or an identical copy over otterbox any day. If I paid $ 40 I would still be satisfied.

Yeah I definitely recommend it to anyone who can put up with those things. I like the comments I get when I whip it out(no pun intended). People always ask in amazement if it's a phone and what phone it is. Then again I have the original model so it's even bigger than the new slimmer ones which I might get soon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

atown77

Nov 28, 2013
Springtown
I got it off of eBay. I work in the oilfields of West Texas and we have some rough weather, especially dust storms. With the otterbox I was having to take it apart every couple of days to clean the dirt and dust that would make its way inside it. Then the abrasive dust rubbing against the plastic screen protector would have it scratched up in a mater of a month or so. I haven't had to take this case apart yet to clean it and that dust isn't going to hurt the Gorilla glass. I put a couple screen shots of the add on eBay so you could see the seller and the product.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-26-18-30-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-18-30-53.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 418
  • Screenshot_2014-02-26-18-31-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-18-31-06.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 375

ishon

Feb 18, 2014
taipei
It's awesome

Got this case off of Amazon delivered for $32. It's called a PEPKOO ULTIMATE. I think Love Me and possibly another company makes some almost identical. They are aluminum with Gorilla glass screen protector, screws together instead of snaps like an Otterbox and doesn't get all the dirt and trash around the sides of the screen. I've been using mine for a month now and thought I would share my review of it. It's tough, cool looking and I have no complaints. Don't forget it was $32.

Nice yeah :) like It .

atown77

Nov 28, 2013
Springtown
Bulk

If bulk is an issue, then I would suggest an Iphone, I think they still small enough to fit in a matchbox. But all jokes aside, it still easily fits in my back pocket and as I stated before, I need my phone protected from the elements. I never said this case would suit everyone but if you wanted a case that was built for hard core protection, I recommend this one. I have now had it for two months and I hope I can always get one to fit future phones.

xperiaforme

Nov 9, 2010
How heavy is this? Do you have issues with sound? Have you waterproof tesed the case and how did it do?

enfurno

Apr 13, 2010
www.clickrover.com
Same here,

If a case makes my devices useless, well then it's useless. I can see the draw to a waterproof solution as I hit the lake often during the summer months and don't do much out there other than check things on the screen from time to time. But for that there are cheaper solutions, none of which I trust completely anyhow.

Lets hope that they up the IP rating on the note 4.

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
How heavy is this? Do you have issues with sound? Have you waterproof tesed the case and how did it do?

LoL this in is not the waterproof version. Its the water resistant version. Love Mei adds some water proofing in there. There is a difference this one, Lunatak's and Love Mei's. I think they all have the same base manufacture. My Dad has the Lunatak's case for the iphone, his signal doesnt take a hit, also it makes the phone feel like a brick. AND I really mean a brick.

troyd28

Jan 14, 2013
You guys want real waterproof head over to the red pepper note 3 thread.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

YRAJ23

Apr 18, 2013
Georgetown
I had purchased a similar metal case for my Note 3 from Love Mei. It looks cool but I dont like it.

1. I made my phone to look big, almost the size of Tab 7.0.
2. Its non ergonomic for long time use, you'll not be comfortable holding it while text messaging.
3. Not to forget that it adds weight extreme weight to your phone. Trust me, you can't answer calls for more than 20 minutes due to its weight.
4. Since its a water proof version, the sound ports and receiver speakers are covered with thin membrane of some material (sort of rubber or plastic). Thats make the sound to be scatered and unclear
5. The glass protector will have the rainbow effect on screen when it touches the phone screen.

These points are based from my experience. I sold my case to another guy.

Currently Im with Trident Kraken AMS, and I love it to the max. It saved my phone without single scratches falling from the height arnd 6 feet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.