Motoactv

Search This thread

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
Sorry if I'm repeating question here but let me ask you something:

I didn't rooted my device yet (don't even unlocked it by replace the boot.img) cause I know Motorola always check before the updates for any system mod then turn updates unable to be applied.

When you mention "return to stock" should we read as "able to update from OTA or regular Motorola means"?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Return to stock will not allow you to receive otas or updates

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

corporal d

Mar 9, 2012
Awesome work guys. I'm a complete rooting/rom noob, but I picked one of these up last night just so I could tinker with it.

Does anyone have a runkeeper apk/version that works? The one I have gives me a library error. Facebook just FC's on a couple different versions I've tried. Thanks!

Last edited:

mvp

Feb 18, 2005
Hi , it seems that the new update is out . Did you try to install it to someone ?

soskey22

May 13, 2011
Awesome work guys. I'm a complete rooting/rom noob, but I picked one of these up last night just so I could tinker with it.

Does anyone have a runkeeper apk/version that works? The one I have gives me a library error. Facebook just FC's on a couple different versions I've tried. Thanks![/

i dont have any runkeeper but this facebook app should work

Attachments

• com.krm.fbpp.apk
    223 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: corporal d

mitchell4500

Aug 21, 2010
Maryland
Hi everyone.

Iv messed up. I tried flashing a rom I found over on the Wiki and it kinda worked but didnt... I got into the rom and it was all glitchy so I tried restoring my backup. Didnt work. Now I cant get pass the M bootloader (It dosent start to pulse). I can get into fastboot and I tried reflashing the boot.img with the Motoactv root Tool. No luck.

I dont think I can charge it either because now it still hangs at the M.

So fastboot is still working but Im not sure where to go from here?

EDIT:

So it said it had to low power for fastboot. I almosted died at the thought of having to open it up and pumping juice into the battery. I let it sit for a few min. Tried again. Got into fastboot. Used the Motoactv root tool and selected the restore to stock option. It did all its stuff and now its back to normal. (Well if stock is normal for you).

Now just to let it charge and then re-root. :D

Last edited:

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Good deal. I'm guessing you didn't wipe cache and dalvik before flashing? If you come from from a newer version, it will probably fc on you a lot with the newer data and the older apps.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

dragon_76

Apr 21, 2007
Chicago, IL
Ugh!

So I was trying to return my MotoACTV to stock and forgot I had lost my system and userdata images from stock. Can someone PM me with them or post them? THX

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
This has been said before. Root tool > return to stock. You don't need any images. They are included.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
I think bda might work on a *nix script set at some point. Was that still on the agenda?

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
No doubt. I wonder if the tool would run through wine?

Reactions: reddog

suunnittelija

Mar 13, 2011
Oulu
www.rasteri.net
HTC Desire with MildWild CM 3.7 rom

I'm still using a stock rom 4.55.97 and now planning to root, but I noticed that 4.56.97 version is out. Any experience of rooting this latest version?

Last edited:

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
This thread is mainly on rooting the MOTOACTV. Your post in the other thread will suffice. :)

Zacolo

Mar 11, 2012
Motoactv usb host support

Does the MOTOACTV hardware support USB host mode? Can it function under Gingerbread?

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
16gb vs 8gb

Hi guys,

Wife has given me the ok to buy either the 8gb or 16gb. I read this whole thread and the custom rom thread. I also checked out the wiki.

My question is does the base rom released work with the 16gb? I see most development was done on the 8gb so should I go with that? I would prefer to get the 16gb if possible but don't want to limit myself in the future with the development community.

Any feedback ASAP would be great. Excited to order this thing.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Most development is for the 8 gig model. I don't own a 16, and I'm pretty sure none of the other devs do either lol.

And I'm not sure of it could handle USB host mode. That would take a LOT of modification.

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
Most development is for the 8 gig model. I don't own a 16, and I'm pretty sure none of the other devs do either lol.

And I'm not sure of it could handle USB host mode. That would take a LOT of modification.

That's very disapointing. I would have enjoyed the extra storage space :( I guess the 8gb it is.

Thank you for the answer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.