[MOD] AOSP MMS w/ Quick Reply and iOS Emoji [01/17/13]

Search This thread

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
does this work on any 4.1.2 ROM that has been released lately. I'm on the rooted stock AT&T deodexed 4.1.2 ROM. Also, does this enable group texting as well?

Group Messaging is part of 4.2. I am going to mess around with the 4.2 messaging app and see if I can get it to work. Otherwise the answer is no unfortunately. It should work on any deodexed 4.1.2 ROM. Just make sure you make a backup just in case!

Last edited:
Reactions: strikeIII

ahmarchi

Aug 20, 2008
Greensboro
Head up DO NOT FLASH THIS ON CLEAN ROM 1.0. You will have to reflash

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ainen

kingofkings11

Jul 6, 2012
Im on cleanrom 3.5 with perseus kernel and after applying this mod the play store crashes.

I just disabled play store since I like the mod too much to give it up.

onecrzyasian

Dec 25, 2012
So I tried the two finger swipe down on the notifications thing but quick reply still doesn't work there. Any ideas?? Also does anyone else have this problem where the quick reply popup wakes the screen for a mili second and then shuts of the screen when the phone is locked?

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
Im on cleanrom 3.5 with perseus kernel and after applying this mod the play store crashes.

I just disabled play store since I like the mod too much to give it up.

That's the same setup I have and I don't have any issues with the Play Store. Did you try wiping the cache and fixing permissions?

So I tried the two finger swipe down on the notifications thing but quick reply still doesn't work there. Any ideas?? Also does anyone else have this problem where the quick reply popup wakes the screen for a mili second and then shuts of the screen when the phone is locked?

It works for me every time that it doesn't automatically pop up. What ROM are you running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kingofkings11

Jul 6, 2012
That's the same setup I have and I don't have any issues with the Play Store. Did you try wiping the cache and fixing permissions?

Yes did all that. Also uninstalled the play store and installed a fresh copy that didnt help either. Even went back to a nandroid where everything was working and tried again - same result.

Like i said i just ended up disabling the play store since I use aptoide and mobilism anyway for app downloading. Ill see what happens when the next version of cleanrom comes out.

Only thing I didnt try was going past the flashing notorious MMS fix step since I like the blue theme.

C

cjsspape

I did not make this so unfortunately no. Sorry, it's been discussed that it does not work on 1.0.

What's the base version of clean ROM 1.0? 4.1.1? If so try just pushing an MMS.apk set perms & reboot. I know on the og firmware MMS aosp worked. It was just when I switched my base to 4.1.2 that Sammy removed the native MMS support.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using xda premium

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
What's the base version of clean ROM 1.0? 4.1.1? If so try just pushing an MMS.apk set perms & reboot. I know on the og firmware MMS aosp worked. It was just when I switched my base to 4.1.2 that Sammy removed the native MMS support.

I'm not sure, I never used 1.0. I believe that the AT&T 1.0 CleanROM has a base of 4.1.2.

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
Oh OK them that framework needs to be nodded I'm the same way as the international. That's the only way

If I knew how to do it I would, but unfortunately I have no idea how.

C

cjsspape

If I knew how to do it I would, but unfortunately I have no idea how.

Here's the source thread for the fix. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998769. There are instructions for how to do it. I asked him to do it for me cuz my computer isn't good enough to decompile and recompile the framework jar to incorporate the fix but maybe you'll have better luck!

geekasso

Jan 4, 2011
USA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Here's the source thread for the fix. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998769. There are instructions for how to do it. I asked him to do it for me cuz my computer isn't good enough to decompile and recompile the framework jar to incorporate the fix but maybe you'll have better luck!

It doesn't take a lot of power to do this. If your computer can zip and unzip you can do it yourself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING. WORKS WITH DLK7/DLL4 INTERNATIONAL 4.1.2 AND ATTK7 4.1.2 BASE ROMS. ONLY CONFIRMED WORKING FOR AT&T!

A big thanks goes out to Adrynalyn. Without them we would not have the framework needed for all of the features to work!

Downloads (CleanROM 4.0.5 is DLL4)

ATTK7 Stock Theme -- ATTK7 Transparent Blue Theme -- ATTK7 Blue Theme -- ATTK7 ICS Theme

DLL4 Stock Theme -- DLL4 Transparent Blue Theme -- DLL4 Blue Theme -- DLL4 ICS Theme

DLK7 Stock Theme -- DLK7 Transparent Blue Theme -- DLK7 Blue Theme -- DLK7 ICS Theme

Instructions
    1. Make a backup
    1.5 Using a file explorer, navigate to root/system/framework and copy "framework.jar" to your external SD card. This is in case the mod doesn't work!
    2. Download correct zip
    3. Using a file explorer, navigate to root/system/app/ and rename "SecMms.apk" to "SecMms.apk.bak"
    4. Reboot into Recovery
    5. Flash zip
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy!

FAQ
    Q: It doesn't work!/How do I uninstall this?
    A: If it doesn't work for you then simply replace your framework.jar (located in root/system/framework) with the one you backed up before flashing this. If you want to uninstall the mod then replace your framework.jar with the backed up version, rename "SecMms.apk.bak" back to "SecMms.apk" and delete "Mms.apk" from "root/system/apps". If for some reason you didn't backup your framwork.jar, you can find it in the same location in your current ROM zip.

Q: The Quick Reply options aren't showing up in my notification area!
    A: If this happens simply touch the notification with two fingers and pull down.

Q: I can't send or recieve MMS!
    A: If your MMS won't send then long tap on the message, tap edit, and then resend the message. If this is still not working, try adding the Cingular APN. (See screenshots below)

Password is "CINGULAR1"

Cingular APN
    Code:
    [B]Name[/B]
    Cingular410
    [B]APN[/B]
    wap.cingular
    [B]Proxy[/B]
    Not set
    [B]Port[/B]
    Not set
    [B]User name[/B]
    WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    [B]Password[/B]
    CINGULAR1
    [B]Server[/B]
    cingulargprs.com
    [B]MMSC[/B]
    http://mms.cingular.com
    [B]MMS port[/B]
    Not set
    [B]MCC[/B]
    [B]MNC[/B]
    [B]Authentication type[/B]
    Not set
    [B]APN type[/B]
    default,supl,mms
    [B]APN protocol[/B]
    IPv4
    [B]Enable/disable APN[/B]
    APN enabled
    [B]Bearer[/B]
    Unspecified

Screenshots (Click to enlarge)

^- Quick Reply from Notification area -^

^- Quick Reply pop-up -^

^- Default Theme -^

^- Blue Theme -^

^- ICS Theme -^

^- Transparent Blue Theme -^

^- Emoji -^

^- Settings -^
    Click here if you're viewing from your phone!
    I got everything to work by simply doing what the second part says to do. I just really dislike the theme.

Go here download and install and enjoy!
    Its pretty much stock with just bubbles added

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4550i0t45ypn33/Mms.apk
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    Added ATTK7 based mods to the OP! :)
    Try flashing this for CleanROM AT&T SE 1.0
    Can anyone confirm this works on clean on 4.5

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Why don't you backup and try it yourself.