[ROM][L900]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

johnson114

Mar 18, 2010
Columbia
I love the new 4.4 ROM. I'm not a CM user. I like AOKP ROMs because of customization. Data worked few changed from 4.3, I love the Google now on 4.4, I couldn't restore my SMS and MMS through titanium every time I tried it showed my msgs for a sec and disappear. I backed up the ROM just in case I want to go back to cm again. I will keep my AOKP for now or switch to tw for 4.3 update. Thanx for the great work I'll surely continue to follow your thread. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

So I am having an issue with data connection. Im in an area which is right on the edge of 4G but mostly 3G. my phone constantly flips back and forth between the 2. This happens on TW also. When I installed this though, I got no connection, then I went into the network settings and swapped from LTE to 3G and I got a little spurt of connection until I closed the settings application. I switched back to LTE and I got connection again but it seems like it only wants to stay on when the settings application is open. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue.

altimuh

Feb 8, 2011
I love the new 4.4 ROM. I'm not a CM user. I like AOKP ROMs because of customization. Data worked few changed from 4.3, I love the Google now on 4.4, I couldn't restore my SMS and MMS through titanium every time I tried it showed my msgs for a sec and disappear. I backed up the ROM just in case I want to go back to cm again. I will keep my AOKP for now or switch to tw for 4.3 update. Thanx for the great work I'll surely continue to follow your thread. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Another one to try is "my backup root" - you can backup apps, call logs, MMS and SMS (and more but that's all I use). Obviously don't restore data when you backup apps - just apk only.

seromba

Sep 4, 2012
los angeles
For those who have no data whatsoever...

I went to settings>"More...">mobile networks>network mode and changed the setting from "LTE" to "Global."

When I flashed this ROM I had absolutely no 3g/4g but with this change I get a sketchy 4g at home. I have yet to try it out on the street but i'll post my findings after class tonight.

While this isn't a "fix," it does provide *some* data at least. In fact, since we have Sprint service, we shouldn't even notice a difference ;)

First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 L900, or coming from another ROM:
- Read known issues ans FAQs
- Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot

I followed these steps to the "T" and I have data. The only change I made to this was to go back to stock unrooted tw rom and do an activate, prl, and profile update. gonna let this run a bit and iwll let you all know what I see.

Also, does anyone else find it interesting that the GAPPS takes longer to flash than the rom as well as the GAPPS is odexed?

UPDATE: Reboot from camera issue caused me to lose all data again. This seems interesting. I have no clue how to get logcat data to submit it.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

long press home button obviously triggers the menu instead of recents now, but is there a way to fix that?

I think we need to wait till this becomes official so that the remaps can be incorporated.

nickelghandi

Jan 30, 2010
Frankfort
Here's the few issues I have found...

1. Auto-rotate does not seem to work.
2. Home button when held down does not show recent apps.
3. Maybe improper menu displayed when pressing menu key on homescreen (could just be new 4.4 menu option)
Other than that, this thing runs extremely smoothly. I haven't had the audio issues it seems and my service is perfect. Camera takes a few seconds to shoot but not bad. I switched back to CM 10.2 for now because I want to wait until some bugs get ironed out of this, but I will be back!
Thanks sbrissen!

qwasz123

Jul 30, 2010
1. Auto-rotate does not seem to work.
2. Home button when held down does not show recent apps.
3. Maybe improper menu displayed when pressing menu key on homescreen (could just be new 4.4 menu option)
Other than that, this thing runs extremely smoothly. I haven't had the audio issues it seems and my service is perfect. Camera takes a few seconds to shoot but not bad. I switched back to CM 10.2 for now because I want to wait until some bugs get ironed out of this, but I will be back!
Thanks sbrissen!

Autorotate works for me.

And long pressing the home button acts as a menu.

As for your last thing that is for the new launcher when you press the menu button.

I mapped my menu key to be recent apps.

You need to edit the file in: system/usr/keylayout/sectouch.kl

Change the "menu" in the file to "APP_SELECT" and reboot.

Reactions: KEYofR and jdee323

seromba

Sep 4, 2012
los angeles
For those who have no data whatsoever...

I went to settings>"More...">mobile networks>network mode and changed the setting from "LTE" to "Global."

When I flashed this ROM I had absolutely no 3g/4g but with this change I get a sketchy 4g at home. I have yet to try it out on the street but i'll post my findings after class tonight.

While this isn't a "fix," it does provide *some* data at least. In fact, since we have Sprint service, we shouldn't even notice a difference ;)

update:

I noticed that my previous "fix" (quoted above) only allows 4g thru. did not pick up a 3g signal whatsoever. eager to tryout the unrooted tw ROM flash to this cm11 ROM. I'll try it out tomorrow and post results then.

ironfist74

Oct 16, 2010
Chicago
Working great here! 4g working,wifi working,camera working,even gps all seem buttery smooth.
I went back to stock unrooted tw with evil concepts count reset package, then flashed root and cwm recovery with garwyns toolkit.Booted phone and locked gps signal,made a nandroid and then flashed sb's first release with first gapps pack and let boot up,locked gps again and dirty flashed newest release and gapps with no problems,i dont even wipe data after flashing and she always boots just fine. Im on the 111 gapps havent gone to 114 yet and sheet no need to

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: vasiaeva
I was loving this ROM but noticed the sensor not turning screen off when you bring face to phone as well as quick pin unlock was not on. Im not a droid developer so I wouldn't even begin to know how to do this stuff. Other than that, the only other issue was that you either have 4g or 3g. it didnt seem to switch for me like the older roms did. Im back on 4.3 for now as i need these 3 things working. Other than that, it was fast.

Reactions: vasiaeva

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 L900, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=l900

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Sources http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    new build up
    new build up!
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    bigbiff said:
    Ask the rom maintainer to fix the contexts in the zip so when we load them, we set them right copying files to system and data.

bigbiff found the reason why we're losing the radio. Running "restorecon -R /system" will restore the radio within 30 seconds, without a reboot. You'll need to mount /system as rw first though.

To make it easier, I made a flashable ZIP. It will try to run restorecon in recovery (this part seems to only work in CWM), and it will also copy "fixradio" to /system/bin. If the radio still doesn't work after flashing, boot up, start Terminal and type "su" press enter, then type "fixradio" and press enter. Within 30 seconds your radio should be back.

Fixes clean installs and nandroids on both TWRP and CWM.