4.4.4 MIUI AOSP based (coming very soon)

Search This thread

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
4g doesn't work....and themes force closes every time I go to settings...and the music app is a bad 1 the setting are off in it...and GPS doesn't work at all...phone and contact apps force closes...never lets me open them...

Gps works great for me. I am inside the house in the screen shot and my actual location is inside the circle. The miui dialer/contacts are not working which i stated but the blue phone icon works. It will access your contacts once you sync with google. What do you mean by settings are off in music? There are two miui and aosp both work fine for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1407126237869.jpg
    1407126237869.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 82

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Remember this is aosp so you will have to get gps lock with tw and while locked press power..reboot..recovery then flash rom. Since you have already installed then nand back to tw get lock then nand back to miui.

Attachments

• 1407126316477.jpg
    1407126316477.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

sothus

Oct 27, 2011
Here is a screeny showing 4g working.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 80

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
What was that? It is a piece of a screen shot and does not look right. Could you post a shot from about phone like attachment or a real (full) screen shot? Not trying to say you dont have working 4G but want something a bit better to show other users it does work.

Attachments

• 1407130181376.jpg
    1407130181376.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 73

D_Smuv_

Jan 18, 2013
Gps works great for me. I am inside the house in the screen shot and my actual location is inside the circle. The miui dialer/contacts are not working which i stated but the blue phone icon works. It will access your contacts once you sync with google. What do you mean by settings are off in music? There are two miui and aosp both work fine for me.

The EQ is off and yes Idk y it wouldn't even show any location for me or 4g...I did a fresh install but I'll try it again

sothus

Oct 27, 2011
What was that? It is a piece of a screen shot and does not look right. Could you post a shot from about phone like attachment or a real (full) screen shot? Not trying to say you dont have working 4G but want something a bit better to show other users it does work.

Cropped it because the site kept saying my screenshot was too big. But yea I'll post another

Reactions: jlmancuso

sothus

Oct 27, 2011
Here is about phone section

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-04-00-45-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-04-00-45-10.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2014-08-04-00-51-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-04-00-51-58.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I couldn't find this setting can you tell me where it is?
I shut off the fc settings like you said much nicer that way thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Open camera switch to camcorder..press white circle..press and hold the up arrow..move finger to right till you get to settings

Attachments

• 1407158388092.jpg
    1407158388092.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 81

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Open camera switch to camcorder..press white circle..press and hold the up arrow..move finger to right till you get to settings

You rock man, my daughter has a play later this week and I wouldn't want to miss capturing that.
I went for a drive this morning and I can confirm GPS is working it tracks no issues. Also the area I was in had 4g so I can also confirm that is working as well 2500k downloads. So far a nice little port.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Oh yeah one other thing I forgot to mention this morning the aosp dialer started working. I do not know why I didn't do anything that I know of.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I have noticed that I have to open a couple of times before it actually does open. The miui dialer/contacts are number one on my got to fix list then the themes.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
I spoke too soon since I said that I can't open the dialer again weird. Music is definitely a little wonky but I can download a player so that is cool

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Only about 1 in 3 songs will play. Just says buffering. This is local music not in the cloud.

sothus

Oct 27, 2011
All in all its a good port with a few quirks. 4g/Wifi/MMS/GPS all worked for me. (Those on Sprint if your having issues getting your 4g to work. Go into your Mobile Network settings and change your Network Mode to CDMA/LTE/EVDO. That would get me my 4g Data, But after restarting I'd have to select it again, couldn't get the settings to stick.

Music player would do the same(buffer) with local music.

That blue dialer you put in there i couldn't get it to work just kept FCing, so I downloaded one from the market and it worked just fine.

Couldn't get my google account to properly sync and install my backed up apps from google. Tried turning the sync on and off and nothing.

Also something else I found(not sure if its related to the Themes issue) But I tried the pre-installed Nova launcher and Go Launcher EX and the system wouldn't let me make either of those the Default launcher.

Oh and a few of the apps I installed from the market would FC, and these are apps i use everyday so I'm not sure what would be causing that.

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
All in all its a good port with a few quirks. 4g/Wifi/MMS/GPS all worked for me. (Those on Sprint if your having issues getting your 4g to work. Go into your Mobile Network settings and change your Network Mode to CDMA/LTE/EVDO. That would get me my 4g Data, But after restarting I'd have to select it again, couldn't get the settings to stick.

Music player would do the same(buffer) with local music.

That blue dialer you put in there i couldn't get it to work just kept FCing, so I downloaded one from the market and it worked just fine.

Couldn't get my google account to properly sync and install my backed up apps from google. Tried turning the sync on and off and nothing.

Also something else I found(not sure if its related to the Themes issue) But I tried the pre-installed Nova launcher and Go Launcher EX and the system wouldn't let me make either of those the Default launcher.

Oh and a few of the apps I installed from the market would FC, and these are apps i use everyday so I'm not sure what would be causing that.

To set default launcher go into system settings..display..default launcher. I have noticed some songs say buffering. To fix go into the settings and turn off lyrics and download album art.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Unchecking the album art and lyrics did not fix it for me. Not a deal breaker I can use another app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay here is a new tester. I have included the aosp dialer (miui dialer does not want to work) along with a few other aosp apps. Also miui superuser does not work so you will have to flash supersu if you want root.

Known issues
    miui dialer
    miui themes
    camcorder (settings need to be changed video encoder needs to be mpeg4) change settings before turning on recorder

everything else I have tested works gps, mms, calls, data (on cricket network not sure about sprint users still waiting on feedback)

Extras I have included

AOSP stuff
    dialer
    music
    gallery
    nova launcher
    trebuchet
    beanstalk explorer
    terninal C-lock widget

Instructions

1. backup current rom
    2. flash rom
    3. flash gapps
    4. flash supersu
    5. boot and enjoy

Links

Rom-- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567722636 md5-- 389a322dc8c0225d2fd036e68ba102d2
    Gapps-- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567722543 md5-- 9d3814f422b3c4301b970ed187aed92e
    SuperSU-- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358552672 md5-- 69c4ca16a05acf4daae4063971bc9d49
    I will be working on a new tester soon. Also got permission to publicly post the modified plasma for this rom!

Hey man,
    I have been working on this as well. I used patchrom. I compiled on Ubuntu and just finished all my framework rejects and was going to finish up tomorrow..

I first started trying to port the TW version of 4.4.2 from the N3, but I couldn't get it to boot..Had some weird errors that were not making any sense..

Hit me up on hangouts maybe we can get this thing knocked out!!:good::highfive:
    I have been reading on other KK MIUI threads and they say ART can work. I will be testing this later today and let yall know the results!!
    New tester will be uploaded later. Has aosp dialer and mms since I am having issues with the miui versions. To change wallpaper you have to use a 3rd party launcher. I have not gotten themes to work yet either. You also have to flash supersu update to get root. Still working on that also. This version just makes the ROM more usable still many major bugs.

Well I am taking another look at making an aosp 4.4.4 miui. Will see how it goes.

So close I can taste it :(

:) New thread will be going up in a day or two!! I need someone to test 4g for me. Hit me up with a pm. First person to pm me will get to test. I only need one tester for this.

So far only issue I notice has to do with call recording.

Got this thing pretty tweaked out and ready for use. Minimal Gapps are included along with Pro Burgers WSM (MIUI version of Xposed) along with the important modules. Well time for bed been a long day and night working on this beast.