4.4.4 MIUI AOSP based (coming very soon)

Search This thread

joed1960

Jul 6, 2008
Connected to Sprint 4G here. GPS is locked in, and accurate to within about 20 feet or so from my desk. Nice! So far I do see one thing missing that I need in my position: exchange email setup. I went to put in my corporate email and password, but when I clicked next (or hit manual setup) I was only given pop3 or imap for an option. Still looking around and checking things out. Liking the ROM so far.

Reactions: jlmancuso

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
First full day pretty good. 15:45 off the charger 2.5 hours of screen on time 18% left.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Daevionne

Apr 9, 2012
El Cajon
On fresh install this rom seems greaaaaatt. You don't know how long I've been waiting for 4.4.2 miui. Do xposed and/or plasma kernel play nice with this?

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
First full day pretty good. 15:45 off the charger 2.5 hours of screen on time 18% left.

Yeah just wait till I get the issues you dont see taken care of. A few issues are eating the battery that you can see.

On fresh install this rom seems greaaaaatt. You don't know how long I've been waiting for 4.4.2 miui. Do xposed and/or plasma kernel play nice with this?

No on xposed you need wsm tools (miui xposed) and no (sort of) on plasma. I have a modified version of plasma that will work but it is not available for the public yet. Only the stock kernel will allow the rom to boot.

I have been waiting on 4.4.2 miui also but really want the tw version fron the N3. It has air commands along with many of the samsung goodies (hdmi out). Still cant make it boot yet but working hard on it during free time.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sloanmeister

Daevionne

Apr 9, 2012
El Cajon
Yeah just wait till I get the issues you dont see taken care of. A few issues are eating the battery that you can see.

No on xposed you need wsm tools (miui xposed) and no (sort of) on plasma. I have a modified version of plasma that will work but it is not available for the public yet. Only the stock kernel will allow the rom to boot.

I have been waiting on 4.4.2 miui also but really want the tw version fron the N3. It has air commands along with many of the samsung goodies (hdmi out). Still cant make it boot yet but working hard on it during free time.

I understand. I don't know if this is the right place to say it but thank you for your tireless work on the Note2! While other developers throw away this device and all support for it you stayed and worked things out and turned these forums upside down while juggling your life at home. I can't wait to see what other work you have planned (especially the TW KK MIUI). In the mean time is there any link to someplace I can donate to you? Just as a token of appreciation for this great work

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I understand. I don't know if this is the right place to say it but thank you for your tireless work on the Note2! While other developers throw away this device and all support for it you stayed and worked things out and turned these forums upside down while juggling your life at home. I can't wait to see what other work you have planned (especially the TW KK MIUI). In the mean time is there any link to someplace I can donate to you? Just as a token of appreciation for this great work

I dont take any donations and if you click my donation option it takes you to red cross or it did when I set it up a few years ago. A thank you is all I am willing to take for all the fun I get to have doing this.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Volume on phone is very low and I can't make it louder. I am hard of hearing and unless the room is silent I am unable to make out what they say.

sothus

Oct 27, 2011
I've tested just about as much a I can, that I previously posted. Will now be waiting patiently for you to get the updated/fixed version and if you want I'll test that version out as well. Love the MIUI roms. I used one on my S3 for a very long time.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Volume on phone is very low and I can't make it louder. I am hard of hearing and unless the room is silent I am unable to make out what they say.

Did you install my modified plasma kernel? If so synaps (from play store) has audio controls that will increase the volume. If I did not link you to my modified
version pm me abd I will hook you up.

I've tested just about as much a I can, that I previously posted. Will now be waiting patiently for you to get the updated/fixed version and if you want I'll test that version out as well. Love the MIUI roms. I used one on my S3 for a very long time.

Yeah I an evo 4g (og evo) and passed on miui for a year because it looked to much like apple. Finally took the plunge and loved it but hated the apple like launcher. Hate having everything on the home screen and no app drawer. Once I installed a different launcher I fell in love with it. Since then I have used it on all my phones (evo 3d then this one). I have made my own modified versions for all three phones. The jellybean v4 version for the og evo was like a late 70's big block. Slow as a hell except for the gas gage full to empty in 10 mins lol. After I modded the crap out of it was smooth and hardly touched the battery life. Then the 3d and note two introduced me to stock based (htc sense and touchwiz) versions. So I created the Twisted Turtle for both. It had the best of miui and the stock mixed together. Full stock launcher and goodies (widgets, launchers, etc..) plus the great features of miui (settings, call recording, lbesecurity, themes, etc..). When/if I can get the touchwiz N3 version ported over I plan on doing a twisted turtle version of it. Just think all the great miui goodness merged with a S5 launcher and air commands!!

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Was going to quote this but cant seem to find the question at this moment (might because I already started drinking today) but someone asked about corporate email not being there. When I did the port exchange2.apk would constantly force close so I removed it till I can find a working version for us.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
I did install the plasma kernel I will play with it see if I can get more out of it. Thanks.

joed1960

Jul 6, 2008
Was going to quote this but cant seem to find the question at this moment (might because I already started drinking today) but someone asked about corporate email not being there. When I did the port exchange2.apk would constantly force close so I removed it till I can find a working version for us.

That was me who posted. No worries. I know you're hard at work doing great work here.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
New tester will be uploaded later. Has aosp dialer and mms since I am having issues with the miui versions. To change wallpaper you have to use a 3rd party launcher. I have not gotten themes to work yet either. You also have to flash supersu update to get root. Still working on that also. This version just makes the ROM more usable still many major bugs.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
New tester will be uploaded later. Has aosp dialer and mms since I am having issues with the miui versions. To change wallpaper you have to use a 3rd party launcher. I have not gotten themes to work yet either. You also have to flash supersu update to get root. Still working on that also. This version just makes the ROM more usable still many major bugs.

Sorry I have been busy the last couple of days I am downloading now and will have some feedback for you this evening.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Phone works with your dialer now. Music player seems to work now. I changed the video camera to mpeg now it just crashes and I can't get it to work at all.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
I will be working on a new tester soon. Also got permission to publicly post the modified plasma for this rom!

I don't know what happened but I had to resort to my stock backup to reset the camera. It would not work again even flashed a couple of other roms and it failed under those too. Once I flashed back to stock I was able to install other roms and it would work again.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
I will be working on a new tester soon. Also got permission to publicly post the modified plasma for this rom!

Hey man,
I have been working on this as well. I used patchrom. I compiled on Ubuntu and just finished all my framework rejects and was going to finish up tomorrow..

I first started trying to port the TW version of 4.4.2 from the N3, but I couldn't get it to boot..Had some weird errors that were not making any sense..

Hit me up on hangouts maybe we can get this thing knocked out!!:good::highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay here is a new tester. I have included the aosp dialer (miui dialer does not want to work) along with a few other aosp apps. Also miui superuser does not work so you will have to flash supersu if you want root.

Known issues
    miui dialer
    miui themes
    camcorder (settings need to be changed video encoder needs to be mpeg4) change settings before turning on recorder

everything else I have tested works gps, mms, calls, data (on cricket network not sure about sprint users still waiting on feedback)

Extras I have included

AOSP stuff
    dialer
    music
    gallery
    nova launcher
    trebuchet
    beanstalk explorer
    terninal C-lock widget

Instructions

1. backup current rom
    2. flash rom
    3. flash gapps
    4. flash supersu
    5. boot and enjoy

Links

Rom-- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567722636 md5-- 389a322dc8c0225d2fd036e68ba102d2
    Gapps-- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567722543 md5-- 9d3814f422b3c4301b970ed187aed92e
    SuperSU-- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358552672 md5-- 69c4ca16a05acf4daae4063971bc9d49

Hey man,
    I have been working on this as well. I used patchrom. I compiled on Ubuntu and just finished all my framework rejects and was going to finish up tomorrow..

I first started trying to port the TW version of 4.4.2 from the N3, but I couldn't get it to boot..Had some weird errors that were not making any sense..

Hit me up on hangouts maybe we can get this thing knocked out!!:good::highfive:
    I have been reading on other KK MIUI threads and they say ART can work. I will be testing this later today and let yall know the results!!

Well I am taking another look at making an aosp 4.4.4 miui. Will see how it goes.

So close I can taste it :(

:) New thread will be going up in a day or two!! I need someone to test 4g for me. Hit me up with a pm. First person to pm me will get to test. I only need one tester for this.

So far only issue I notice has to do with call recording.

Got this thing pretty tweaked out and ready for use. Minimal Gapps are included along with Pro Burgers WSM (MIUI version of Xposed) along with the important modules. Well time for bed been a long day and night working on this beast.