Odin stuck at file analysis

Search This thread

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
I've tried just about everything I could find on Google, but Odin refuses to go past "file analysis". I'm trying to flash JH2

Here's everything I've tried

1) Change USB port
2) Administrator mode and XP SP3 compatibility (i'm on w7 x64)
3) Re-partition checked/unchecked
4) Rebooted phone
5) rebooted computer
6) removed sim card and sd

What am I missing?

Pinepig

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento
It's almost always the fact that you didn't have Odin up and running with all the info in ahead of time before you plug the phone in to the USB port.

Do all the Odin stuff first, then set the phone up for the download.

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Agreed.
First if you are able to use a program like Droid Explorer then you are fine driver wise so Open Odin first then Press and Hold Volume up and down and while doing that plug the USB Cable into the phone and that should turn on the phone into downloading mode.

flashman2002

Aug 8, 2010
Derby/Wichita Kansas
Yes, make sure you have odin open first. Then you can go into download mode and start. Easiest way I have to do it is this:

-Open odin
-plug phone into usb with USB debugging enabled
-open command prompt and get to the android-sdk-windows
-adb reboot download

That should work perfectly. Takes all the guess work of trying to get it into the download mode.

Reactions: lilcrise and Rain_1

shwan_3

Aug 14, 2008
gothenburg
Yes, make sure you have odin open first. Then you can go into download mode and start. Easiest way I have to do it is this:

-Open odin
-adb reboot download

That should work perfectly. Takes all the guess work of trying to get it into the download mode.
worked for me

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
Trying to use the odin one click for JI6.. stuck at file analysis again. Why are samsung firmwares updates such a pain? I've never had a problem with any of the HTC firmware updaters

tsiah

Aug 17, 2009
It's almost always the fact that you didn't have Odin up and running with all the info in ahead of time before you plug the phone in to the USB port.

This got it going for me. You're my hero pinepig!:)

aaronhiep

Dec 23, 2010
it's almost always the fact that you didn't have odin up and running with all the info in ahead of time before you plug the phone in to the usb port.

Do all the odin stuff first, then set the phone up for the download.
thank you thank you thank you!!! I love you man!! You saved my day!!

budbird

Mar 16, 2011

I just created an account on XDA to tell you how INCREDIBLY grateful I am to you, because you just singlehandedly saved my phone. Thank you. Times a million.

lax_addict

Jan 24, 2011
Lubbock
I've jig-fixed my captivate into download mode and odin recognizes it. Even after plugging it in and after the .pit and .tar are qued, it still gets stuck on "file analysis.."

kataishin

Apr 12, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Worked for me too but...

All I had to do was

Close Odin3

Unplug my phone & pull the battery

Reopen Odin3

Then hold the volume up/down buttons while plugging in the usb cord

and then clicked start when it recognized my device.

I appreciate your help, you cleared my confusion! :D
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Agreed.
    First if you are able to use a program like Droid Explorer then you are fine driver wise so Open Odin first then Press and Hold Volume up and down and while doing that plug the USB Cable into the phone and that should turn on the phone into downloading mode.

-Open odin
    -adb reboot download

I was flashing a modem.bin file and it got stuck at file analysis so I used 7-zip to create a tar archive with modem.bin file inside. It worked perfectly.

YUP!!

Brought this thread back from the dead to say, "thank you!" :highfive:
    This worked for me. None of the other solutions made a difference, it continued to be stuck at file analysis until 7-zip created tar was flashed.
    Hi

Can you please explain the part where we open the cmd prompt and get to android-sdk-window, I dint understand

Thanks

im stuck at file analysis and the above seemed to work for several people, i dont quite understand the steps could you guide me through them please?