Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Test
CQyAeHq.jpg

Reactions: techster69

Master Cylinder

Oct 31, 2013
Albuquerque
Using dropbox, use the insert image button. You have to put it on your dropbox and get a public link, BUT, change the last character from a 0 to a 1. Observe:

happy_blob_emoji.JPG

[ IMG ] https ://www.dropbox.com/s/xjzg55e6l3hoao5/happy_blob_emoji.JPG?dl=0 [ / IMG ]

No image above because the default number is =0. But change it to 1 and voila!

[ IMG ] https ://www.dropbox.com/s/xjzg55e6l3hoao5/happy_blob_emoji.JPG?dl=1 [ / IMG ]
happy_blob_emoji.JPG

Another thread said to put a 2 in there, but it didn't work. I just tried the 1 and now it works.

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
i have to test something too after reading this thread again.

attachment.php

yeah, that worked.
no need for image hosting site.
i attached a decent resolution picture of miscured photoemulsion.
opened the attachment in a new tab, copied its URL.
pasted the image URL into an IMG tag in this post.
now this post has both thumbnail and full size versions of the same picture, hosted here on xda.

//edit
that link only stayed live about five minutes and then broke, no more inline image.
interesting. so it looks like it does have to be externally hosted.

by the way, since my various cm browsers refuse to attach files correctly here on the forum, i posted the attachment with the XDA Labs app and then edited the post in the cm13 browser's desktop mode.

except, ha ha. the inline image doesn't show up at all in Labs, but the attachment shows up as an inline image at the end of the post instead of a thumbnail.
and the edit: inline images work fine in Labs, it's just that the link stopped working in the previous post after the full size version was removed from whatever cache it was briefly stored in.

Attachments

• IMG_20161014_101850.jpg
    IMG_20161014_101850.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Master Cylinder

Oct 31, 2013
Albuquerque
testing again, for Labs
same picture, external hosting.
dang shame can't use an attachment here for inline pictures.

Someone hypothesized about preventing spam, but perhaps it's because of the storage space it would take to store images until the end of time. I mean it seems that threads are not archived or fall off at some point (haven't looked into this even a little) and though maybe 1 or 2 % might be useful most of them probably will remain unread forever, but the images would still need to be hosted by someone. (Outside of the dev forums, which would be of greater use for longer periods of time.) When Android versions and phones go obsolete, then there's not much reason to access them, though those forums and threads all may still be around. Even in my d2vzw forum, the S3 for Verizon, which had massive use for years, has dwindled to almost nothing. The international S3 is still being sold! So that is a forum with great ongoing use.

Zoojoom

Apr 7, 2017
unable to post image

As a new user i cant post a outside link and that attachment symbol is not coming in my pc . what to do

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

am bit worried and its urgent , i need help please suggest fast

spawn.x

May 18, 2010
As a new user i cant post a outside link and that attachment symbol is not coming in my pc . what to do

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

am bit worried and its urgent , i need help please suggest fast

I get the same error message:

"The following errors occurred with your submission: To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!".

However, I have not written 10 posts yet. Also links to pictures of my XDA Photo album are not accepted.

I write in the forum via a PC. Neither with IE, Firefox, nor Chrome I can attach files or link to Pictures in my album gallery.

Last edited:

hannor

Nov 30, 2015
Budapest
OK, I found the solution! Instead of 'Post Quick Reply', choose 'Go Advanced'. Scroll down, and in the 'Attach Files', click on 'Manage Attachments'. Browse a file from your PC (I will upload Luke & Leia), click on the 'Upload' button! Be careful, because there is a file limit, for e.g. max 256 KB for jpg files!!!

Here comes the trick! If upload was successful, you will see in the 'Manage Attachments' window a new box named 'Current Attachments'. Click on your file!!! It will open in a new tab in your browser. Copy its link!!! This is an 'inside' XDA link.

Now click on the 'Insert Image' icon here, and when it asks for your link, copy your XDA link, and that was that:
Mark_in_pullover_with_Carrie.jpg

Reactions: warata

noyolo

Jan 5, 2018
ROSEVILLE
fixthephoto.com
Hi there!
OK, I found the solution! Instead of 'Post Quick Reply', choose 'Go Advanced'. Scroll down, and in the 'Attach Files', click on 'Manage Attachments'. Browse a file from your PC (I will upload Luke & Leia), click on the 'Upload' button! Be careful, because there is a file limit, for e.g. max 256 KB for jpg files!!!
Here comes the trick! If upload was successful, you will see in the 'Manage Attachments' window a new box named 'Current Attachments'. Click on your file!!! It will open in a new tab in your browser. Copy its link!!! This is an 'inside' XDA link.
Now click on the 'Insert Image' icon here, and when it asks for your link, copy your XDA link, and that was that:
You can reduce the photo in Photoshop сс 2017, read about it here:
FixThePhoto

Reactions: Winamp338

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was looking for how to do this as well. I eventually found it. You have to be in the full/advanced post editor - not the quick reply mode.

Just click on that little paperclip icon between the smilies dropdown and indent left button, then select the image you want to embed in the post body.

Capture.PNG <-- click on this for larger screenshot
    Huh? This is one of the reasons why most of the knowledgeable members are helping less and less. When you receive advice/help the least you can do is post if it worked or not.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\
    he wants his "UPLOADED/ATTACHED" pics to be shown like , for example , this ---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20450385&postcount=28 or as you have done here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27228447&postcount=6

and not like a thumbnail like ----> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27229543&postcount=11 or as he had done already before you have helped him like ---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27228504&postcount=7
    I'm going to post a pic from my laptop

After you choose attach a window will open up. Then you choose the file with the choose file selection. Then it will open a window to your pc pictures. Choose a pic. Then in the same widow choose upload. Then close the window. Then you will be back at your post here's what I think your missing. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and hit the submit on the second window not the submit on the first one. If that makes sense lol. If you chose submit on the first window I don't think it will post the pic however if you choose submit on the second window it will upload the pic.
    Cheers, and i would but i can't see an option for more, i am looking, i think i'm either having a brain fart or i'm going blind, i've got additional options but not "more"
    Lmao ok yea I thought you meant the app. From the pc when you choose reply or post a comment look for "attachments" its like right next to the little Smiley face. Click on that and it will give you a windows with the options to "choose file" . Then just navigate to were you have the picture you want to upload.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\